Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:43 PM   #761
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
if one only shows up once per forever, why would it be priced reasonably
Maybe if Gordon Gekko doesn't pull it?

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #762
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Go for it.
This was the first Diamond Collection I've been able to fill thanks to a random Giles coming my way on a single pack buy. I really was hoping for a historical card and thought, "As long as it's not like....Matt Chapman I'll be happy."

.....Matt Chapman.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:39 PM   #763
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
That's changed just recently, because the odds are the franchises you're guessing on will be picked next. I had been picking up some of the bad Yankee diamonds for pretty cheap a few weeks ago for example.
As one who has been slowly acquiring cards for players on teams that later moved (so teams at both ends of the mission release spectrum, like the early Expos and the anticipated Brooklyn Dodgers), prices have seen a distinct rise in price here recently, but the larger trend of rising prices is certainly not new. Prices for all historicals have been increasing slowly since the White Sox showed everyone how missions work and how useful and profitable they can be. The recent spike is from speculative funds becoming more focused as the number of remaining teams without missions dwindles.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 10-30-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:25 PM   #764
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Too bad. Saw that a Bob Gibson I had on the watchlist sold for 135K. I wag my finger at thee, market!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:35 AM   #765
Rfrankel84
Bat Boy

Question More collection missions?

Will every team be getting a historical collection?
Rfrankel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:12 AM   #766
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfrankel84 View Post
Will every team be getting a historical collection?
Eventually, yes

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:35 AM   #767
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Too bad. Saw that a Bob Gibson I had on the watchlist sold for 135K. I wag my finger at thee, market!
I saw that a John Hiller went for the 99k. He's obviously the lynchpin for the otherwise easy Goodbye Mr. Tiger mission. The other 7 cars in the mission can be had for about 3.5k. Is the reward card, an SE Freehan, really worth the 100k? My plan was to get Freehan so I can move on from (and cash out on) a 92 Molina that I pulled months ago, and is currently platooning with Burgess and serving as the defensive replacement. Molina is probably my most valuable position player card but I'm loathe to move him just to raise half the funds I need for a Hiller that shows up once every three weeks for 100k. It's a tough decision that I know is part of the collection mission game but it seems to have gotten much harder in the last two months given the FTP parameters I've set for myself. Hiller would've cost $50 US.

It's such that I'm moving away from Collection Missions for one of my other teams and committing to non-reward collecting to fit the theme of playing Rookie Sensations and Future Missions and anybody under the age of 20. Speaking of, are there any other rookie reward cards?

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:41 AM   #768
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Almost none of the individual missions rewards are worth the cost, they are only worth it if you can do the entire set.

It's a good thing we've got this diamond pack sale going on though to fill the market with a dozen copies of live ozzie albies and justin turner.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:28 PM   #769
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

And an Al Hrabosky appears on the AH!

For the low price of 130/140K.

So....more packs, then? Yep, more packs.

Don't worry, 100 Ozzie, we'll get you eventually.

Old 11-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #770
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Appling, Lyons, and Faber became near impossible to find and you only needed two of them plus could get a 96 Rigney or 97 Jackson instead

91 Aaron and 96 Baker are basically impossible and you only needed one out of two, but the Braves didn't require any other diamonds so OK.

90 Averill was pretty much required unless some people locked in 99 Coveleski, became nearly impossible to find

So what in the **** were they thinking making 96 Freehan AND 91 Hiller mandatory cards in a mission set requiring several other diamonds? Terribly designed collection that is miserable for players
Old 11-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #771
bailey
Hall Of Famer

They are not supposed to be easy! Anyone not pre-collecting before the mission drops and not buying what they still need on day 1 are in trouble. I still believe packs won in tournaments are going to loosen up the AH considerably, so don't despair, yet. My beef with collections is that some of the rewards are not worth the cost of the collections, even if you bought every card in some collections at the auto-sell price. (I'm thinking of the team live missions, here).
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:13 PM   #772
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And an Al Hrabosky appears on the AH!

For the low price of 130/140K.
It went unsold, but I have not seen it come back on the market. Maybe it came back for a lower price and you snapped it up. Well? Where's Ozzie?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:32 PM   #773
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
It went unsold, but I have not seen it come back on the market. Maybe it came back for a lower price and you snapped it up. Well? Where's Ozzie?
I would love to say that's what transpired, but I haven't been checking that closely after it went unsold. Maybe it was re-posted and maybe not. I am still Ozzie-less, however.

Moreover, my PP account is at its nadir right now after doing another packopalypse. So if a 96 Hrabosky or a 97 Gibson do make their way back to the AH in the next 24-36 hours, I doubt I would be much of a competitor.

Old 11-03-2019, 12:14 AM   #774
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
They are not supposed to be easy! Anyone not pre-collecting before the mission drops and not buying what they still need on day 1 are in trouble. I still believe packs won in tournaments are going to loosen up the AH considerably, so don't despair, yet. My beef with collections is that some of the rewards are not worth the cost of the collections, even if you bought every card in some collections at the auto-sell price. (I'm thinking of the team live missions, here).
The presence of necessary cards on the marketplace does not make a mission easy, nor does their absence make it difficult. It is a grind to constantly be searching for specific cards, but that grind is mostly unrelated to difficulty.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:39 AM   #775
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

There's nothing "easy" or "hard" because there is absolutely no strategy at all behind them. No puzzle to figure out, no trial and error testing. You don't get to make decisions or really "play" anything, it's just "Here you go this is what you need hope you have Hiller already LUL"

Yes if you have a solid PP engine you can stock up on tons of cards before they get released, although it still doesn't help much unless you manage to get every single diamond out there, but don't forget they are still selling this game with the missions as a key feature. What is a new player supposed to do? They have to ignore a big part of the game.

Some of them were really good. It's great that you can supplement PP purchases with time grinding the auction house a bit for deals and turn that into a nice card at below market value. There are some gems like 94 Sisler hiding out there and reasonably achievable. But there is also just a wild inconsistency set to set in the requirements vs the payouts, one specific diamond should never be mandatory and that should be obvious given what we've seen so far.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #776
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So if a 96 Hrabosky or a 97 Gibson do make their way back to the AH in the next 24-36 hours, I doubt I would be much of a competitor.
There is a 97 Gibson now for the ridiculous price of 150/175K. Good luck, buddy.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #777
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
There is a 97 Gibson now for the ridiculous price of 150/175K. Good luck, buddy.
I'll pass on that one. I never even saw it, but it's not in the AH right now. Either someone got extra desperate or the seller took it down quickly for some reason.

I feel like it might be Thanksgiving before the dam breaks on this one.

Good luck to you as well in the pursuit of Ozzyness.

Old 11-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #778
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll pass on that one. I never even saw it, but it's not in the AH right now. Either someone got extra desperate or the seller took it down quickly for some reason.

I feel like it might be Thanksgiving before the dam breaks on this one.

Good luck to you as well in the pursuit of Ozzyness.

The seller took it down. Maybe embarrassed by his/her own greed.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:28 PM   #779
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

I asked on discord for someone to post the Gibson 97 or the Hrabosky. I said I would buy either for 150 K, Someone got in touch with me and asked why it was going for so much-- i told them and hey posted it at 150/175. So i passed at bidding it. Not sure why they took it down.

if anyone is out there with a gibson or a hrabosky, I am a buyer at 150 K.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #780
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Checking the market 5 times a day for a week hoping to find a specific bronze card and a couple of silvers isn't a whole lot of fun. They aren't being listed at overly high prices, they just literally haven't been on the market. Difficult to imagine many new players being enticed by the way the missions/market currently works tbh
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote