Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
Jack7074
Bat Boy

Exclamation Head coach won't set lineup

My head coach won't set the lineup. He is fielding a team with open lineup spots for me. Only way it fixes is it I give organization control over but then he calls up guys and puts players on waivers that I want in the NHL.
Jack7074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:15 PM   #2
skoch
Minors (Single A)

I have a similar problem. I always had all lines/tactics, and training controlled by my assistant (computer) and now after a contract extension it seems I as the GM have control of both, and cannot change it back to my assistant as the drop down menu is disabled for only those two fields.
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack7074 View Post
My head coach won't set the lineup. He is fielding a team with open lineup spots for me. Only way it fixes is it I give organization control over but then he calls up guys and puts players on waivers that I want in the NHL.
That sounds like you're somehow in GM/Head Coach mode despite having a head coach. Could you upload the save (instructions here) and we'll try to see what's gone wrong there?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:51 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
I have a similar problem. I always had all lines/tactics, and training controlled by my assistant (computer) and now after a contract extension it seems I as the GM have control of both, and cannot change it back to my assistant as the drop down menu is disabled for only those two fields.
That's strange, the lines/tactics control option can be disabled if you're in challenge mode but the training one should always be enable regardless of circumstances. Can you upload the save as well (see link above) and we'll check it?
Old 06-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #5
quickshot56
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That's strange, the lines/tactics control option can be disabled if you're in challenge mode but the training one should always be enable regardless of circumstances. Can you upload the save as well (see link above) and we'll check it?
I am also having this problem. Once my GM was extended, it switched lineup and tactic control to my GM, but it will not allow me to make any changes to the lineups. I also cannot change the setting in the Manager Options screen back to assistant control.

Do I need to do anything prior to uploading my game save to the FTP? How do I report my problem?
quickshot56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:32 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickshot56 View Post
I am also having this problem. Once my GM was extended, it switched lineup and tactic control to my GM, but it will not allow me to make any changes to the lineups. I also cannot change the setting in the Manager Options screen back to assistant control.

Do I need to do anything prior to uploading my game save to the FTP? How do I report my problem?
No, you can just go ahead and upload it and let me know the file name. Once we've got it I'll take a look and see if we can figure out what's gone wrong.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
quickshot56
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
No, you can just go ahead and upload it and let me know the file name. Once we've got it I'll take a look and see if we can figure out what's gone wrong.
Thanks for the response. I've uploaded the file, it has a filename of "quickshot56 - Detroit.zip"

Save game is named "Detroit"
Old 06-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
quickshot56
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickshot56 View Post
Thanks for the response. I've uploaded the file, it has a filename of "quickshot56 - Detroit.zip"

Save game is named "Detroit"
I don't know if the PM I sent went through, it says my "sent" folder is empty. So, just in case it didn't go through, here's the link to the save game folder that was uploaded to the FTP:

http://ootpsupport.com/incoming/fhm/...%20Detroit.zip
Old 06-23-2019, 05:28 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, it's forced control of the lineup and tactics to the head coach to the AI because you have a head coach. As long as you have one, you won't be able to change the setting or make lineup changes (it's a little misleading that it's showing the control setting set to you, we need to have that switch to the Assistant indicator instead of just freezing it.) If you want to get control back, you'll need to fire Bylsma (which your owner won't let you do at the moment because there's no reason to, but commissioner mode will let you override that.)
Old 06-24-2019, 11:09 AM   #10
quickshot56
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Ah, it's forced control of the lineup and tactics to the head coach to the AI because you have a head coach. As long as you have one, you won't be able to change the setting or make lineup changes (it's a little misleading that it's showing the control setting set to you, we need to have that switch to the Assistant indicator instead of just freezing it.) If you want to get control back, you'll need to fire Bylsma (which your owner won't let you do at the moment because there's no reason to, but commissioner mode will let you override that.)
Thanks for the response. So, I actually WANT the AI to do all the lineups and tactics, but right now they aren't. It won't let me progress because I have openings on my lineup, but I cannot do anything to change any player status. Prior to needing to hire a new coach, as Coach Q retired in the offseason, the AI was handling all lineup and tactic decisions, I was in strictly GM mode. In the offseason I had to hire a new coach and I signed a GM extension. Since then, the system has been wanting me to manage the lineups and tactics, and I cannot change it back to AI control.

If I fire Bylsma in commissioner mode, can I change it back to AI controlled lineups and tactics? Will it revert back to wanting me to control it if I rehire him?

Really, I would like to just switch it back to AI controlling the lineups and tactics. All I am looking to do is be the GM.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:12 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yes, if you fire Bylsma in commissioner mode, then rehire him, that'll automatically kick the lineup settings back to Assistant control instead of being stuck on you.

I'm curious as to how this happened to begin with, though - it switched from Assistant to you as soon as you signed the extension? We'll have to take a look at that.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #12
quickshot56
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Ah, I see what you mean now. Yes, if you fire Bylsma in commissioner mode, then rehire him, that'll automatically kick the lineup settings back to Assistant control instead of being stuck on you.

I'm curious as to how this happened to begin with, though - it switched from Assistant to you as soon as you signed the extension? We'll have to take a look at that.
It was the second offseason of my save file. A lot happened with the coaching staff:
  1. I signed a 3 yr extension
  2. My head coach retired
  3. I promoted Bylsma from assistant coach to head coach
  4. Hired a new assistant coach

I'm not sure where in that process that it switched. Right now I am in the preseason, so I just noticed that it wasn't setting the lines when I had an injury and it wouldn't let me proceed.