Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
starfox64
Minors (Single A)

Suggestions for new theme team?

I've been quite enjoying my Cubs theme team and my standard F2P account, but haven't loved my B10 theme team (not enough player options). Anyone have a good theme team to try out? My only main requisite is that there are a lot of card options to choose from.

starfox64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox64 View Post
I've been quite enjoying my Cubs theme team and my standard F2P account, but haven't loved my B10 theme team (not enough player options). Anyone have a good theme team to try out? My only main requisite is that there are a lot of card options to choose from.

Not sure what your fancy is, but you could do all players with a certain letter of the alphabet in their name. I did a killer-K's team once that had Killebrew, Kiner, Kaline Ken Griffey, Cal Ripken, etc...

I know it's kind of stupid, but I honestly didn't plan it. In like 1 week I opened a Ken Griffey, Kaline, Killebrew, and Kiner, and just said, "I guess I'm the killer-K's"!
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Not sure if there's enough cards for this but a full father-son duo(or more generations) team seems fun for me.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Something that would be cool is a defunct/relocated franchise theme. You could field a team of Montreal Expos, Washington Senators, Boston Braves, St. Louis Browns, Philadelphia Althetics, etc. There's plenty of options and I think it would be fun. I may do it on my collector account.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Something that would be cool is a defunct/relocated franchise theme. You could field a team of Montreal Expos, Washington Senators, Boston Braves, St. Louis Browns, Philadelphia Althetics, etc. There's plenty of options and I think it would be fun. I may do it on my collector account.
I run a team that runs players from the Expos, Browns, and both iterations of the Senators. I've considered expanding it to include teams who either had a mascot change (like the Houston Colt .45's) or city change (like the Philly and KC Athletics), and while I may still go that route yet, I have been focusing just on those 3 teams thus far.

I didn't expect it to become my favorite team, but it is.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I run a team that runs players from the Expos, Browns, and both iterations of the Senators. I've considered expanding it to include teams who either had a mascot change (like the Houston Colt .45's) or city change (like the Philly and KC Athletics), and while I may still go that route yet, I have been focusing just on those 3 teams thus far.

I didn't expect it to become my favorite team, but it is.
That's cool. I'll do something similar eventually on my collector account for sure. Is there a list of team abbreviations somewhere so I can filter the auction house?
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #7
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I think you can just type the team name. For instance, I tried "Expo" and it worked.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I think you can just type the team name. For instance, I tried "Expo" and it worked.
This works. It is especially effective for situations like the Senators, where searching for the mascot will capture both WS1 and WS2. Otherwise, I just paid attention to the abbreviations on cards.

Fair warning, the abbreviations are more reliable since there are some rare cases where the team name changed but the game relies on the same abbreviation. I believe the Superbas (who became the Brooklyn Dodgers) and the .45s (who became the Houston Astros) may be examples of this.

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 05-16-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:20 PM   #9
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

I'm loving my Negro League theme team. I use both the card set (currently have 18 of 24) and non-card set players (like Aaron, Mays, Newcombe, Minnie Minoso, and Elston Howard) who played in the MLB and Negro Leagues.

Subscribing to this thread as when my other two teams hit a wall (in Diamond probably), I may go theme for fun. Like all 1950s or 1960s. Or old Senators/Twins.

I was in a division of all Unsung Heroes, who won the division. So you could go All Stars, All Time Legends, Future Legends too.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:44 AM   #10
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

?
Call your team the gloves and make sure all the players are ranked perfect or better at their position.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #11
Magus978
All Star Starter

A team comprised of players from a certain decade would be interesting to see, especially if it's either a 60's team, or a team of deadball heroes.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #12
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
A team comprised of players from a certain decade would be interesting to see, especially if it's either a 60's team, or a team of deadball heroes.

definitely makes it a fun challenge when your pool of potential players is limited to a specific range/team/etc.... if you don't count the two outliers (Sliding Billy Hamilton from 1894 and Joe McGinnity from 1903), the other 23 players on my squad are all from 1921-1946... main issue now is just getting enough points to even afford an upgrade
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:45 PM   #13
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I recently started shifting one of my other teams to only utilize players with names (first or last) that involve colors in some capacity. To ensure I have sufficient options, I've decided to include players with names like Sandy, Whitey, Tanner, Grayson, and even Jermaine Dye

I don't plan to use this theme forever, but it will be fun while I'm building it.

Primary Team

Old 05-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #14
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I never actually told anyone in the OL and I ended up being too lazy to write a dynasty thread about it, but my Motown Stars only allows players who were active in the "Motown Era" which I (somewhat arbitrarily) defined as 1959 (when Barry Gordy founded it) to when Gordy sold it in 1988. Since that coincidentally aligns with my youth, it means I get to put a bunch of guys I knew from baseball cards on the team!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #15
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I never actually told anyone in the OL and I ended up being too lazy to write a dynasty thread about it, but my Motown Stars only allows players who were active in the "Motown Era" which I (somewhat arbitrarily) defined as 1959 (when Barry Gordy founded it) to when Gordy sold it in 1988. Since that coincidentally aligns with my youth, it means I get to put a bunch of guys I knew from baseball cards on the team!
Ah-ha!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:53 PM   #16
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

My most recent team was built around teams located on the Great Lakes.

Last edited by HRBaker; 06-07-2019 at 11:02 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:48 PM   #17
JanesAddctn
Minors (Single A)

Disco-era team....Call your team Studio 54

JanesAddctn is offline   Reply With Quote