Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #221
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

As one who did not sign up for this game on day one, I feel like my league had fewer stacked teams than, say, any league with a dev in it :-)

Hopefully, since we're all already signed up, the distribution of "whalers" will not be quite so skewed towards the first leagues to fill.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:01 PM   #222
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Some, but not much, and what I've seen has been sort of randomly scattered about in several different threads.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #223
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I spent 99 cents so far and I lost to the best team in my league in the finals 4 games to 2.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #224
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
Well, how are things presently in the Rookie/A leagues?

By now, promotion should have cleaned out the rookie leagues in particular, since teams are getting promoted at a huge rate. If the rookie leagues are still shark ponds after all that, then maybe the OP has some truth to it.

But it really doesn't matter. The whale in my division came in 3rd. An attentive player is always going to beat someone who just gets a bunch of pp and picks up the biggest OVRs.

BTW, how are promotions going to work when the real game first opens up? Will it be like beta where 16 teams are being promoted? I don't want to be moved up before I'm ready.
I'm thinking the first few seasons will have promotion like we've had in beta as they fill up the higher tier leagues, then it will settle down to lower numbers being promoted. You can already see it a bit for the lower leagues in beta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:53 PM   #225
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
But this isn't that kind of game. Where do you need to apply intuition in PT? Scouting is 100%. Players don't get injured or age.

It's not like in the solo game, where you've got a guy playing well in AAA and when you first bring him up, you have no idea what he's going to give you. Or wondering what to do with a player who is 29 but coming off a bad year. You know everything that a player is capable of, and if he isn't performing it is likely because the RNG just isn't favoring him that year.
There's still some skill involved in assembling a team that mixes well. Do you have enough left-handed bats? Should you opt for a better defensive SS, or play Machado there and pick up a better 3B?

Sure, if your OF is Bonds-Trout-Ruth, it's not like there's much thought as to whether you can improve on that, but even among the Gold/Diamond cards, there's a lot of variation at play in skill levels.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #226
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Sure, if your OF is Bonds-Trout-Ruth, it's not like there's much thought as to whether you can improve on that
Yes, there is. Does your lineup have too much power and not enough contact? Too many lefties? Maybe you would be better off with Betts instead of Bonds. Trout is not the best defensive center fielder. Maybe you would be better off with Ruth-A.Jones-Betts.

There are always alternatives. There is no "one best lineup".
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #227
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There's still some skill involved in assembling a team that mixes well. Do you have enough left-handed bats? Should you opt for a better defensive SS, or play Machado there and pick up a better 3B?

Sure, if your OF is Bonds-Trout-Ruth, it's not like there's much thought as to whether you can improve on that, but even among the Gold/Diamond cards, there's a lot of variation at play in skill levels.
Yes, there's variation but there's no uncertainty. The cards I personally prioritize might be different from yours due to our style of play, but we both know exactly what that card does.

Our personnel decisions are not going to be based on hunches or feel like they might sometimes be in solo mode.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:16 PM   #228
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Maybe you would be better off with Ruth-A.Jones-Betts.
No, no, no, Ruth's gotta be the DH if anything, his defense is too poor. Push Trout to LF, Jones in CF, and Betts/Bonds in RF depending on what you need - well-rounded play or steroids-level power.

el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:44 PM   #229
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, there's variation but there's no uncertainty. The cards I personally prioritize might be different from yours due to our style of play, but we both know exactly what that card does.

Our personnel decisions are not going to be based on hunches or feel like they might sometimes be in solo mode.
Maybe four seasons is not enough of a sample size, but it sure felt like there was some uncertainty. A high overall rating did not "always" result in good production and a lower overall rating did not guarantee a lack of production. There are some players that seem to overachieve and underachieve with regularity. But maybe more seasons will tell...
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:25 AM   #230
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Maybe four seasons is not enough of a sample size, but it sure felt like there was some uncertainty. A high overall rating did not "always" result in good production and a lower overall rating did not guarantee a lack of production. There are some players that seem to overachieve and underachieve with regularity. But maybe more seasons will tell...
Overall ratings aren't 100% representative of how good a player is. It's best to go by individual batting/fielding ratings.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:54 AM   #231
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Overall ratings aren't 100% representative of how good a player is. It's best to go by individual batting/fielding ratings.
Same goes for them only to a lesser extent
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #232
Jocko_Doubleday
Bat Boy

It's a sort of cheap trick, but you can alter your stadium to be uniformly 250 feet from home plate, and set all hitter values at 1.200. A friend farmed a ton of points in the first week with this strategy. It's hell on your pitchers, but your hitters will get a ton of points
Jocko_Doubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #233
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocko_Doubleday View Post
It's a sort of cheap trick, but you can alter your stadium to be uniformly 250 feet from home plate, and set all hitter values at 1.200. A friend farmed a ton of points in the first week with this strategy. It's hell on your pitchers, but your hitters will get a ton of points
I do not think the distance of fences means anything. It is just for cosmetic view I thought...
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #234
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocko_Doubleday View Post
People can now only use 1.100 on their cheap stadium gimmicks..

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #235
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post

The cheap got cheaper...
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #236
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Apparently you can still do 1.5 doubles and triples though.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:48 PM   #237
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Apparently you can still do 1.5 doubles and triples though.
I believe Markus posted the new limit was for average and home runs. I was just addressing the statement about farming the home runs via 1.2 in the post I quoted.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #238
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of the Kentucky Crowns ...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...8&postcount=10
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #239
Thalion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Speaking of the Kentucky Crowns ...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...8&postcount=10
Who are the Kentucky Crowns?
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:00 PM   #240
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Read back a page or two in this very thread.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote