Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Board Game Boxer Templates

After reading recent threads that members are having problems adapting TBCB 2.5 to Windows 10, I thought it might be a good idea to post these templates which were rescued from the now-defunct download section of the Downy Table-Top website.

It seems that we're involved in somewhat of a race against time. Essentially, will PISD deliver on TBCB 3 before 2.5 becomes totally obsolete under the next Microsoft OS?

Well there's still the board game! Might be like going back to the old typewriter (remember them?), but something is better than nothing!

A personal bit of advice: get a copy of the AH 1979 TB before it's too late. I reacquired it a few years back after tossing my original copy...mistakenly believing that there would always a functioning PC version of TBCB.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Template Title Bout.xls (24.0 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by professordp; 01-02-2018 at 09:44 PM.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:32 PM   #2
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Computer Generated FAC

Nothing like preparing for the nuclear winter (i.e., life without a PC version of TBCB)!

I have a computerized FAC system for the board game. Send me a pm if you're interested.

You can play the board game with your PC running and pretend that TBCB 2013 was just a bad dream.

Last edited by professordp; 01-02-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:29 PM   #3
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

how?????
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:31 PM   #4
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordp View Post
After reading recent threads that members are having problems adapting TBCB 2.5 to Windows 10, I thought it might be a good idea to post these templates which were rescued from the now-defunct download section of the Downy Table-Top website.

It seems that we're involved in somewhat of a race against time. Essentially, will PISD deliver on TBCB 3 before 2.5 becomes totally obsolete under the next Microsoft OS?

Well there's still the board game! Might be like going back to the old typewriter (remember them?), but something is better than nothing!

A personal bit of advice: get a copy of the AH 1979 TB before it's too late. I reacquired it a few years back after tossing my original copy...mistakenly believing that there would always a functioning PC version of TBCB.
When did the Downey download page diaappear?

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:49 PM   #5
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
When did the Downey download page diaappear?
Nine months to a year ago, I think. Lost a lot of interesting stuff! They made an initial effort to resurrect it but seemingly threw their hands up. Looked like some sort of computer glitch, but in the end, they figured it just wasn't worth the effort.

A real shame too...its was fairly active with people posting some interesting ratings and mods. Jeff's out of the picture now, and his son is running things.

Last edited by professordp; 01-03-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:58 PM   #6
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
how?????

Pretty basic. A Title Bout card appears on your screen and then you just click for the next one.

These are just PC adaptations of the board game's card. Personally, I think that just flipping the physical game cards is a tad quicker, BUT the advantage is that you can reset (like a card shuffle) any time you wish. Of course the means a greater degree of probability insofar no card is really discarded...it's like shuffling the cards every time you draw one.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:07 AM   #7
professordp
Hall Of Famer

I'm having trouble sending the FAC program....I put it in zip, so let's see
how this works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip titleboutfac.zip (6.8 KB, 39 views)
Old 01-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #8
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

it works been a long time since I have seen those cards though
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #9
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
it works been a long time since I have seen those cards though

Yeah, they do sort of bring back memories! I had stopped playing the '79
board game when the PC version was carried by Lane Haffner in the early part of the 1990's. Twenty years ago, when I moved from my apartment into my house, it went into the trash can...hadn't played it in years.

Saw an unopened copy of the board game on eBay a few years back and bought it.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:18 PM   #10
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by professordp View Post
Yeah, they do sort of bring back memories! I had stopped playing the '79
board game when the PC version was carried by Lane Haffner in the early part of the 1990's. Twenty years ago, when I moved from my apartment into my house, it went into the trash can...hadn't played it in years.

Saw an unopened copy of the board game on eBay a few years back and bought it.
Great conversation brought up professordp. Your comments kind of brought out my fears for the future of TB the computer. I'm just so happy now getting things working pretty good for now on this old laptop with XP and TB2.5 and enjoying myself back again here on the forum. I have a copy of board game as sold by Avalon Hill. That the 1979 version? I have also a lot of old files collected and saved off the internet for the board game and the computer versions. Gosh with this old XP computer I got, I found the old TF2001 computer disk and got it to load and run!! Messing through it the other night just to look at it again.
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #11
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto View Post
Great conversation brought up professordp. Your comments kind of brought out my fears for the future of TB the computer. I'm just so happy now getting things working pretty good for now on this old laptop with XP and TB2.5 and enjoying myself back again here on the forum. I have a copy of board game as sold by Avalon Hill. That the 1979 version? I have also a lot of old files collected and saved off the internet for the board game and the computer versions. Gosh with this old XP computer I got, I found the old TF2001 computer disk and got it to load and run!! Messing through it the other night just to look at it again.
I have the XP emulator with Win 7. Now I'll have to hunt for my copy of TF 2001. Still have my old Haffner floppies but have never gotten around the creating a DosBox to run them.