Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
moore4807
All Star Starter

Contracts need tweaking

Not a true complaint, but I got the D/L done this afternoon - chose the Historical Start, Flyers 2016, and the game looks good with the snooping around for new items and goodies... BAM!!! Flyers have NO Farm Team(s)? some players are just out there in contract only - not assigned to anywhere... Then after digesting that and simming the pre-season games, there appears a box telling me I am below the salary cap floor of $54M ($48.6M) and when I look the players contracts are all smaller than real life(ie; Giroux $6.3M, is actually $8.6M, Jake V is $3.6M, actually $8.5M and on down the line.) I know this is Beta and needs some final work, but my $.02 is this is neccesary to fix or the team wont be able to play the regular season!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Historical doesn't use the actual contracts - it'd be very difficult to track exact contract status for everybody in every season (and outright impossible once you go more than a few years back). It'll just make an estimate based on the current age and skill of the players and the typical league salary levels for that season.

Edit: re: the lack of a farm team, that shouldn't be happening, but there is a known issue where the historical farm teams aren't working past 2017; maybe that's happening earlier than we thought. It's pretty high on the priority list right now, so I'm hoping that's fixed by the Friday version.

Last edited by JeffR; 10-02-2017 at 05:26 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:37 PM   #3
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Historical doesn't use the actual contracts - it'd be very difficult to track exact contract status for everybody in every season (and outright impossible once you go more than a few years back). It'll just make an estimate based on the current age and skill of the players and the typical league salary levels for that season.

Edit: re: the lack of a farm team, that shouldn't be happening, but there is a known issue where the historical farm teams aren't working past 2017; maybe that's happening earlier than we thought. It's pretty high on the priority list right now, so I'm hoping that's fixed by the Friday version.
JeffR -Thanks for the fast reply. I do understand the historical play is not using the actual contracts - but the team (Flyers) having 23 players and not even meeting the salary cap floor is going to be an unplayable bug-a-boo for a gamer to get past as the set-up is now. I would have to trade/sign players with around $9M higher salaries just to make the cap floor of $54M! Which is also blows the normal meaning out of historical concepts... just sayin...
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, that's true. I've built in a little more budget room for the historical teams, so I think I can afford to tinker with the salary standards and bump them up high enough to prevent that from happening. It'll need a data update (and some testing) to get into the game, so most likely next week.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Get rid of Salary Cap?