Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #21
rferry
All Star Reserve

In OOTP14, I tried duplicating European leagues to play alongside MLB.

The problem was clubs never kept a consistent roster to maintain any interest. Even mid-season all-stars were released in the shuffle of the computer clubs recycling American minor leaguers into the leagues. I tried applying roster minimums for domestic players, reserve squads, salary caps and league minimum salaries. It didn't stop the clubs from recycling the Americans and Dominicans. The clubs constantly saw the latest waiver wire as too irresistible to reject. They'd release players, even those making $50+K, and sign the American for the minimum ($20K). Then they'd replace that $20K American again and again and again until all the clubs went bankrupt.

Hopefully OOTP15 fixes that.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #22
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Is this going to replace/get rid of the established international free agents generated on the day ML FAs file?
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #23
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferry View Post

The problem was clubs never kept a consistent roster to maintain any interest. Even mid-season all-stars were released in the shuffle of the computer clubs recycling American minor leaguers into the leagues. I tried applying roster minimums for domestic players, reserve squads, salary caps and league minimum salaries. It didn't stop the clubs from recycling the Americans and Dominicans. The clubs constantly saw the latest waiver wire as too irresistible to reject. They'd release players, even those making $50+K, and sign the American for the minimum ($20K). Then they'd replace that $20K American again and again and again until all the clubs went bankrupt.

League rep should probably fix this. 🙏
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #24
Bishop
All Star Reserve

How does it handle the foreign player limits? In past games the Japan league would have a limit of 2-3 however they would sign several and stick them in the minor league with no hope of escape.

Admittedly I've been super busy and my OOTP 14 time has been almost non-existent so I'm not sure if it still behaves this way or not.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #25
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
How does it handle the foreign player limits? In past games the Japan league would have a limit of 2-3 however they would sign several and stick them in the minor league with no hope of escape.

Admittedly I've been super busy and my OOTP 14 time has been almost non-existent so I'm not sure if it still behaves this way or not.
I don't think this has changed too much. It's not unlike what really happens in Japan though, where each club signs 7-8 foreigners though they can only play 4. Guys will kind of get stuck in the minors at times there irl as well. At least there they can leave after a year. Not sure if OOTP correctly limits the foreign players contracts as irl. It's been brought up, I'm just not sure if it's been implemented yet.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-10-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferry View Post

This should be much improved.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #27
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Just to add to this. League file size can be reduced substantially after Dec 31 by removing box scores logs and tons of other transient files. Obviously the original file should be backed up. I would expect many OL leagues to do this pre-emptively. My solo league file sizes are only a few MB larger each season due to the inevitable growth of the dat files.
There should be a way to automate this.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #28
Bishop
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I don't think this has changed too much. It's not unlike what really happens in Japan though, where each club signs 7-8 foreigners though they can only play 4. Guys will kind of get stuck in the minors at times there irl as well. At least there they can leave after a year. Not sure if OOTP correctly limits the foreign players contracts as irl. It's been brought up, I'm just not sure if it's been implemented yet.
League defaults to no minor league free agency. So once they sign that's it unless they're released.

I'll admit to not knowing how the NPBL handles minor league contracts IRL to change the minor league free agency to the correct number of years.

If there is a flag that designates a person as a foreign player, could there be something that sets up different free agency rules for them?

Not sure this is possible given the way minor league contracts are set up currently.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #29
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
If there is a flag that designates a person as a foreign player, could there be something that sets up different free agency rules for them?

Not sure this is possible given the way minor league contracts are set up currently.
That would be optimal. Not sure if it possible either...

A lot has changed in 15 though, so this may be different now. I'll just admit to not having checked this out in 15 yet. If I can find time, I'll run some sims and see what happens.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-10-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #30
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Great overview of my favorite new OOTP 15 feature. Can't wait for the 18th. Hanshin Tigers, fure-fure-fure-fure!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #31
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I must say, this version might lead to somewhat disappointment with me. I don't much care for 3d stadiums and since I play purely fictional the international leagues don't much gain my interest...certain rules within those leagues would of but seems like they were skipped over. Oh well, glad to see the road to release.

Hopefully navigating between leagues has been made easier. I can't help but feel when I look at the screenshots that I'm looking at a game designed for the ipad ...
Old 04-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #32
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

On the other hand, the posting system and league rep rules will let you set up better indy leagues in your fictional universes, if you're so inclined.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #33
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Sold and Purchase for Independent Leagues?

Also Trading with other USA Leagues still will work.

Also their are International Free-Agents that can't be posted anymore who still will sign Minor League Contracts and former MLB's who also can't be posted.

Loaned to a Team? Trades between non affiliated Minor League Teams? Contract with Minor League Team when it's up can renew it or find a new home for Team? Purchase Team? Shared affiliates?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #34
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Sold and Purchase for Independent Leagues?
Yes

Also Trading with other USA Leagues still will work.
Yes

Also their are International Free-Agents that can't be posted anymore who still will sign Minor League Contracts and former MLB's who also can't be posted.
Yes

Loaned to a Team?
No

Trades between non affiliated Minor League Teams?
Yes

Contract with Minor League Team when it's up can renew it or find a new home for Team?
No

Purchase Team?
No

Shared affiliates?
No
Answers above in bold.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #35
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_ View Post
There should be a way to automate this.
I use a batch file see below. I assume you mean that this should be automated in-game though.

Quote:
del .\news\txt\leagues\log_*.txt
del .\news\html\box_scores\*.html
del .\news\html\game_logs\*.html
del .\replays\*.rpl
del .\messages\message*.txt
del .\dump_20**_yearly\*.*
del .\news\almanac_20**\

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:44 AM   #36
bombboy85
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It's up to you which leagues you use or include in a game. So online leagues won't have to include the int leagues unless they want to.

If they are included file sizes will get large, but it's unlikely they'd ever get large enough to be an issue.

I suspect the issues in the league you reference came from something more than file size, OOTP handles leagues running hundreds of years and huge universes just fine. File size shouldn't ever really be a issue that causes corruption.
I'd imagine the league corruption had something to do with more than just file size but file size played a role. The file was fixed by OOTP support guys and the league restarted but once the file hit over 100MB again it had the same problem.
bombboy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #37
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Shucks I wanted to see in League E. Minor League Team Contract with MLB Team so if the the Augusta Braves contract is up with the Braves they can renew it or find a new home for it and same with purchased.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #38
texasmame
All Star Starter

This doesn't move my baseball pants at all but thumbs up for all the work involved.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #39
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I forgot that Cuba plays a split schedule where the top 8 teams advance to a round-robin. This is now possible to simulate in game? I know that the Caribbean Winter Leagues do this, so this could be properly simulated in those?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #40
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I forgot that Cuba plays a split schedule where the top 8 teams advance to a round-robin. This is now possible to simulate in game?
Round-robins aren't possible, but split schedules have been for a few years.