Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #921
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Here's a teaser from part 3 of the Otto Orcin Trilogy: Orcin's Brave New World.

==========================

After the 2019 season, I resigned as President & General Manager of the Louisville Colonels in the Continental Baseball Association. Technically, my contract was not renewed, but there is no reason to quibble over semantics.

I needed some time to decompress and, in late December, there were no GM positions open for the 2020 season anyway. So, I returned to BNN in a part-time role as a studio analyst for their off-season “Hot Stove League” coverage. As usual, I was assigned to cover the CBA. The big boys work in another area of the studio, covering MLB. I am not jealous, mind you. It’s just a fact.

I talk to the MLB guys occasionally, mainly to satisfy their curiosity about the CBA. It is almost like the two leagues are in different universes, primarily because each operation routinely blacklists any player or coach that works for the other. The rule does not apply to unimportant positions like office boy and General Manager though. Or maybe it does, nobody has ever bothered to test it.

I continued to work on CBA studio coverage during the 2020 season, and constantly addressed the rumors about my next CBA job. They did not realize that I had “the itch”. It’s the same feeling that college football coaches sometimes have about their ability to win at the next level. I am only 46 years old, and I am not ready to retire or coast. Could I have success in MLB?

There was really only one way to find out. I would have to cross a forbidden barrier. It could be a one-way ticket because it was likely that no CBA team would ever hire me again. So it had to be the right situation.

Fortunately for me, the perfect situation presented itself. I will have more on that soon. I will say that I was very nervous about leaving Louisville, the only home that I have ever known. But sometimes, we need to step out of our comfort zone to grow.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #922
cmaug
Major Leagues

Thanks for all of the time and effort that you put into these dynasty threads. I feel like i learned a lot about how to play OOTP (especially fictional leagues) by following these dynasties.
cmaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #923
DonBraswell
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Orcin, as always I have really enjoyed all of you League Reports. You really have a gift man!
Don
DonBraswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:14 AM   #924
Renegade
Bat Boy

Once again, a very entertaining read. I learned quite a bit from "Orcin-Style" managing. I can only HOPE to do as well with my own dynasties in the future.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #925
LondonYankee
Minors (Triple A)

Orcin I've read all 3 dynasties now and I cannot say enough about them. Absorbing, engrossing and instructive. Incredible work. Hall of Fame stuff.
LondonYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:09 AM   #926
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
August 10, 2015

Subject: Week 18 Notes

Record: 68-44, .607, 3 GB
Position: 2nd place (behind Chicago)
Runs Scored: 523 – 3rd in Federal
Runs Allowed: 414 – t2nd in Federal
Defense: .720 – 1st in Federal (1st in CBA)
Power Ranking: 113.3 (3rd in CBA)
Owner Mood: Ecstatic; Fan Interest: 90/100

• Last week (3-3): 1-2 vs. Nashville, 2-1 at Denver
• 08/03: NSH 2, LOU 1 (10) – Madrid (NSH) 8 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 0 BB, 2 K, ND
• Jorge Merced left the game in the 10th inning with a stiff back. The trainer said that he should be ok after a day off.
• Bryan McConnell began a rehab assignment at Lexington. CF Rafael Valdez was activated from the D/L. Jose Diaz was optioned to AAA and will play first base.
• 08/04: LOU 6, NSH 4 – Young 3-3, 2 HR, 2 RBI, BB, 3 RS
• 08/05: NSH 6, LOU 4 – Blain (NSH) 7.2 IP, 3 ER, 5 H, 4 BB, 4 K, W (5-0, 3.34)
• Houston SP Robbie Scott will miss 11 months with a torn flexor tendon (elbow).
• 08/08: DEN 2, LOU 1 – left 10 men on base and wasted a good effort by Mazzone
• San Francisco SP Aaron Wilkerson threw a 1-hitter with no walks to beat Phoenix. Wilkerson is 3-0 with a 1.50 ERA since coming to the Seals in a July 26 trade.
• 08/09: LOU 9, DEN 1 – Arkle 2-4, HR, 4 RBI; Ordonez 8 IP, 1 ER, W (4-1, 2.02)
• 08/10: LOU 13, DEN 2 – Valdez 3-4, 3 DBL, 4 RBI, 2 RS
• Who’s Hot: Gary Arkle 8 G, 10-23 (.435), 2 HR, 6 RBI
• Who’s Not: Nobody
• Mighty Joe Young has the flu and will be sidelined for 3 days. He is technically listed as day-to-day, but we don’t want him around the rest of the team.
• This week: 3 at first-place Salt Lake City, 3 huge games vs. Chicago

For Your Information…

Which pitchers are leading the Continental Baseball Association in career saves?

Lucas Sanders, CLE 584 (1997-2015)
Miguel Morán 575 (1987-2006) HOF
Rafael Salinas 556 (1992-2010)
Bob Todd 522 (1990-2006) HOF
Eric Alford, WAS 520 (2000-2015)
I know this is an old thread, but I read the first one like 2 months ago and I kinda forgot about this, sorry Orcin, but Sal's favorite Country Boy has turned into a beast and hopefully a hall of famer!!!
Old 07-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #927
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
July 11, 2018 (BNN)

Subject: Big Swap Announced in CBA

The Louisville Colonels have made a bold move, acquiring 29-year-old starting pitcher Fernando Hernández and 22-year-old minor league closer Pablo Morales from the Los Angeles Vipers for 30-year-old catcher José Apina, 32-year-old center fielder Andy Willis and 23-year-old reliever Arturo Hernández.

Though the Colonels parted with a valuable player, they believe the deal will fill an important need and make the club stronger. Louisville will replace Apina with Willy Lejeune, acquired from Seattle on Monday. Likewise, the Vipers gave up an all-star pitcher to fill two glaring holes in their lineup and shore up their bullpen. Los Angeles will move top prospect Blair Martin into their rotation to replace Hernández.

Thus far this year, Apina has been a disappointment after signing a big contract with Louisville, hitting .233 with 11 home runs and 24 RBIs. However, he is considered one of the top catchers in the CBA and fills a big void at the position for the Vipers. Willis is a career .277 hitter and an exceptional defender. He will take over in center field for injured Melvin Hicks.

On the season, the right-handed Hernández has a 10-5 record with a 2.74 ERA. His career mark is 77-54 with a 3.93 ERA. He will replace the injured Matt Gray in the Louisville rotation. Gray was placed on the 15-day disabled list to make room for Hernández on the active roster.

Pablo “Slayer” Morales is the #2-rated prospect in the CBA. The right-hander throws a 100 mph fastball along with a nasty slider. In 94 AAA games, he has 43 saves, a 2.63 ERA, and 158 strikeouts against only 27 walks in 107 innings. Morales will be assigned to Lexington (AAA) where he will be the closer. He is not on a major league contract and will not be moved to the 40-man roster yet according to Louisville GM Otto Orcin.

Lexington reliever Billy Wilson will be called up to replace Arturo Hernández in the Colonels bullpen. Insiders tell BNN that Los Angeles wanted a reliever in the deal and Orcin insisted that it be Arturo Hernández. Orcin is allegedly superstitious about having two players on the team with the same last name; however, Louisville once had three players named Martinez on the 25-man active roster.

Orcin stated in today’s press briefing that Ryan Edwards would share the catching duties with Lejeune. CF Henri Lesueur, also acquired from Seattle on Monday, will replace Willis as the fifth outfielder.

The deal is roughly salary neutral for the two teams. However, Apina’s contract runs for five more seasons, while Fernando Hernández only has a year after this one left on his deal.
Louisville where catchers come to die.