Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #21
mm7607
All Star Reserve

I agree in some ways with mtw. This patch has NO effect on the way I play the game. Eye candy and story lines aside, I think the majority feel that the front office aspect of the game is more important then the game itself. I play with financials off and only sim games. I get bored real fast while playing out a game. I like the game and will continue to buy it but there are features I REALLY wish would be added but my opinions on those go ignored.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm7607 View Post
I agree in some ways with mtw. This patch has NO effect on the way I play the game. Eye candy and story lines aside, I think the majority feel that the front office aspect of the game is more important then the game itself. I play with financials off and only sim games. I get bored real fast while playing out a game. I like the game and will continue to buy it but there are features I REALLY wish would be added but my opinions on those go ignored.
Nothing gets ignored if properly reported. If you have ideas and/or concerns, simply open a support ticket. The ideas will be entered into our database and once we decide on what features to add/improve, they will get evaluated. We have a 4 digit number of suggestions, so I'm pretty sure you can understand why we cannot add all of them... We're just a couple of programmers after all
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #23
abbayarra
Bat Boy

minor league fix

I play in the minor leagues, this fix will help me. No more of a player playing for 2 team levels on 1 day.
Thanks!
abbayarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #24
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbayarra View Post
I play in the minor leagues, this fix will help me. No more of a player playing for 2 team levels on 1 day.
Thanks!
Slight tangent, but Ping LGO: Is there a rule against a player doing that in real life (i.e playing a game at 12pm then being promoted and playing again at 8:30 for the other club?)

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #25
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Slight tangent, but Ping LGO: Is there a rule against a player doing that in real life (i.e playing a game at 12pm then being promoted and playing again at 8:30 for the other club?)
There may or may not be a rule, but the laws of physics might prevent it in real life.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #26
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
There may or may not be a rule, but the laws of physics might prevent it in real life.
I'm thinking of a situation where two affiliated teams are closest enough to allow it, obviously. Now, it would probably never happen of course, but bizarre things like that interest me.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #27
Sparrow
All Star Reserve

Fresno Grizzlies (AAA) and their parent affiliate the San Francisco Giants are geographically very close.

I don't know the answer to the initial question, but the Giants do have a scenario where it would be logistically possible.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #28
Muzamba
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Fresno Grizzlies (AAA) and their parent affiliate the San Francisco Giants are geographically very close.
Not to mention the Braves' AAA affiliate, which is only about 35 miles away from Turner Field or the Mariners' AAA team in Tacoma, which is about the same distance from Safeco. The Red Sox and Phillies also have their top minor league teams within an hour's drive.

As more and more major league teams place their AAA affiliates close by, this could theoretically become an issue. So I'm assuming there must already be some official rule in place.

Last edited by Muzamba; 10-03-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Muzamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #29
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzamba View Post
As more and more major league teams place their AAA affiliates close by, this could theoretically become an issue. So I'm assuming there must already be some official rule in place.
You'd think so, but you never know.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #30
Sparrow
All Star Reserve

I suspect this is not seen as an issue. I don't see why there would be any conflict with a player starting the day in AAA and finishing it at the MLB level.

As long as the MLB office can process the transaction in time, and the player can arrive in time, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed.

Is the concern that an organization would throw ringers down to AAA when they are both playing home games? I can't imagine any team valuing AAA wins enough to risk injury playing a player in both leagues regularly.

This is slightly different, but related, and may shed light on if MLB would be okay with it.

Player plays for 2 teams on the same day
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #31
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is slightly different, but related, and may shed light on if MLB would be okay with it.

Player plays for 2 teams on the same day
And here would be your box score proof.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #32
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Wow.

Hadn't been here in awhile, and stop by and get a wonderful, pleasant surprise.

THANK YOU MARKUS!!

and

THANK YOU ANDREAS!!

I really appreciate this gift. Best game better, what's not to like?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #33
mtopham
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

I don't know the answer to the initial question, but the Giants do have a scenario where it would be logistically possible.
Not to mention their class A team in San Jose. Often players on minor league rehabs just go down to A ball in San Jose for a start or two, rather than trek to Fresno.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #34
Faaip De Oiad
Minors (Triple A)

Are the new FA rules going into the new patch?
Faaip De Oiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #35
Bishop
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I hate patches! That is my opinion! Don't deny my freedom of aspeech by publicly disagreeing with me!
Not enough spelling errors and/or use of caps. Also, unacceptably low numbers of exclamation points. Good effort, likely an "A" when finished.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #36
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faaip De Oiad View Post
Are the new FA rules going into the new patch?
Interesting question. Were the previous rules in the game by default?