Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Why hasn't this been fixed yet?!??

I mean it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to fix. You can't read any of the news stories unless you click 'Edit News Article' b/c the majority of the new stories have writing behind the player picture that you can't read, scroll down to read or nothing. See my screen shot:
Attached Images
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
Bishop
All Star Reserve

submitted a trouble ticket? 'cause I haven't seen that before.

What resolution are you running?
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:08 AM   #3
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Yes, please submit a support ticket (see my sig). I haven't seen that yet either and I agree, it looks like a resolution issue. Obviously, it needs to be corrected, so you should submit this since no one has yet (as far as I could tell from searching the bug queue).
Old 07-23-2010, 05:25 AM   #4
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

It happens with me, and I play at 1024x768 resolution.
RandyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
old timer
Hall Of Famer

OK, I just confirmed it and logged it as a bug. Obviously, the scroll bar isn't showing up since the text is not going all the way to the bottom, but it should since there's a picture there covering part of it.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, old timer!
RandyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Sorry, I thought I did create a ticket for it, but maybe I just thought about doing it and never got around to it. Thanks for submitting one. I'm pretty sure that my resolution is set to 1024 X 768 also. I have no other problems like this anywhere except with the news stories. Should I also create a ticket on this??
Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

It should not be like this, because it is a bit sloppy, so a support ticket is certainly warranted. In the meantime, I'll just point out that the problem goes away with a larger screen resolution or by selecting Full Screen in OOTP Preferences. At least it did for me.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #9
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Yes, please submit a support ticket (see my sig). I haven't seen that yet either and I agree, it looks like a resolution issue. Obviously, it needs to be corrected, so you should submit this since no one has yet (as far as I could tell from searching the bug queue).
One of at least a couple resolution issues remaining, along with the scrollbar that appears on the standings/leaders screen that truncates the preceding zero in OPS, etc.. Btw, that one is already PT'd for Fix in Next Patch, but one can only wait and see if that materializes.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Here is hoping that Halladay gets his 200th win much sooner than that, and still with the Phillies!!

Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxvain View Post
Here is hoping that Halladay gets his 200th win much sooner than that, and still with the Phillies!!

Pretty cool that he ended back with the Jays...
Old 07-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #12
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Yeah, for the last couple of versions/leagues that I've done, it seemed that most of my pitchers career ERA's are inflated. For instance, unless the pitcher is just dominant, like the best in the league, I notice that alot of pitchers end up having ERA's above 4 when they retire and it kills me to see that. I'll have pitchers that have 275 wins with 3000+ K's and an ERA over 4 when they retire and it just makes it impossible for me to induct any pitcher into the HOF with an ERA that high. Any suggestions on how I can over all lower my pitcher's career ERA's without screwing up my batters too bad? I know this is off topic, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #13
wellsoliver
Major Leagues

Who in the world runs stuff at 1024x768? Man up a little and get a real resolution.
wellsoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Buy me a wide screen monitor, and I will
Old 07-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #15
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsoliver View Post
Who in the world runs stuff at 1024x768?
People with small laptops and some netbooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #16
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkonisback View Post
Yeah, for the last couple of versions/leagues that I've done, it seemed that most of my pitchers career ERA's are inflated. For instance, unless the pitcher is just dominant, like the best in the league, I notice that alot of pitchers end up having ERA's above 4 when they retire and it kills me to see that. I'll have pitchers that have 275 wins with 3000+ K's and an ERA over 4 when they retire and it just makes it impossible for me to induct any pitcher into the HOF with an ERA that high. Any suggestions on how I can over all lower my pitcher's career ERA's without screwing up my batters too bad? I know this is off topic, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
What are your league average ERA's and what era (time) is it supposed to look like?

This is OT so if you want to take this to another thread......

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkonisback View Post
Sorry, I thought I did create a ticket for it, but maybe I just thought about doing it and never got around to it. Thanks for submitting one. I'm pretty sure that my resolution is set to 1024 X 768 also. I have no other problems like this anywhere except with the news stories. Should I also create a ticket on this??
You might have! I just got a PM from SteveP (he's also a tech) and he linked me to the same problem that was already in the queue. He had logged it in April. I did do a search first, but none of the search terms worked.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Oh well, I guess it will never hurt to have it logged more than once

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #19
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsoliver View Post
Who in the world runs stuff at 1024x768? Man up a little and get a real resolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Time View Post
People with small laptops and some netbooks.
Yeah, [says me, Captain Obvious], it's the screen height, not the width. I was seeing the same problem at 1280x800, the 800 being only a bit taller than the 768. When I went Full Screen, I stopped noticing the problem so it's probably not much of a tweak that is necessary.

Plenty of people are still using 1024x768, I think, because it fits nicely into those now-older, more boxy-style flat-screen monitors that were popular a few years ago. I bet the devs are using monitors with at least 1024 in height, though (sometimes I long for 1280x1024 on my laptop, myself).
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #20
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
You might have! I just got a PM from SteveP (he's also a tech) and he linked me to the same problem that was already in the queue. He had logged it in April. I did do a search first, but none of the search terms worked.
Old Timer, you are right. I was the one who logged it in April (along with about 20 other issues around the same time). At that time Steve advised me that it would be corrected in the next patch (but I don't know if the 2.15-2.18 patch series has addressed it).