Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:50 PM   #1
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Game is screwed after the patch

I downloaded the eSellerate patch and now my game has no license key to it anymore. I don't wnt to waste a key to do this again. Now what do I do?
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:04 PM   #2
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Oh no, I have the e-sellerate version too. Could you tell me what exactly is happening? I don't have access to the laptop with the game on it right now or I would just try it myself.

Man this thing with e-Sellerate closing sucks.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #3
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I installed the patch and it shows that I have to enter the license. Just like I downloaded the game to buy it again
Old 09-20-2019, 12:08 AM   #4
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Oh man that's not good.

Thank you very much for clarifying. I'm going to try and update it tomorrow or this weekend and see what happens. I'm not using up my second license either and I'd better not have to.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:14 AM   #5
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I downloaded the esellerate version, installed it, and encountered no problems. I hesitate because I don't mean to be insulting at all, but still the question needs to be asked: Did you download the correct version of the patch? Because if you downloaded the FastSpring version, that is why people have been posting similar complaints as yours. For the rest of the OOTPB 20 product cycle, the patch must match the license type.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #6
markprior22
All Star Starter

I had an issue where my VPN was causing this issue.

Edit-here is the response I got from Lukas

Few possibilities, one of which is that if you're using a VPN, you may need to turn that off, as it may be blocking the activation. We've run into that a lot this year.

Also, same for anti-virus, firewall etc. though for those, you can just whitelist OOTP in them, not turn them off.

Last edited by markprior22; 09-20-2019 at 08:42 AM.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #7
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Downloaded the proper version and I don't use a VPN at all.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:54 AM   #8
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Downloaded the proper version and I don't use a VPN at all.
Did you try using the license key that you already used?
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #9
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Did you try using the license key that you already used?
I did yes, this morning.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:33 AM   #10
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Anyone have any suggestions on who I can talk to? I'd like to get this fixed
Old 09-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

One of the support guys should be able to get back to you shortly with more things to try. Do you get an error when you enter the license? You may need to make sure you're running the game as an admin when you enter the license code, that's a common problem too.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #12
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

I've got the esellerate version, and it was drag, drop, restart the game, and move forward like nothing happened.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #13
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I finally just uninstalled and reinstalled and got it working again, lost everything i had but at least I can play the game again. Thanks to those who have tried to help
Old 09-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #14
ClayK
Minors (Single A)

Same problem here ... I bought from esellerate, downloaded esellerate upload, and now it asks for my license key. I have it, cut and pasted the license key in, and it says the activation key was not found on the license server. What do I do? I don't want to lose everything that's unsaved.
ClayK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:48 AM   #15
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Yeah this is really annoying and we're sorry about it. The esellerate closing was announced 3 months before the closing. Otherwise we would just have done OOTP20 with esellerate only and then OOTP21 with Fastspring only. That would have been much easier!

Some facts to consider:

If your serial number starts with "OOTP", it is an esellerate serial number.

If your serial number does not start with "OOTP", it is a QLM/Fastspring serial number.

When you click on "Enter license key", a dialog will pop up with a message like either "Enter or paste your QLM/Fastspring serial number" or
"Enter or paste your esellerate serial number". If you have an esellerate serial number and the message mentions Fastspring, you should download the proper version please and install it on top of the current version. You do not need to uninstall. You will not lose any data.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #16
ClayK
Minors (Single A)

My error message says the activation key was not found on the license server.

So it would seem either my activation key was somehow erased, or the software that connects to the activation key server no longer functions properly.

One suggestion: For those like me who have a license key and have clearly purchased the game, set up a system so you can send us an email with a functional license key. For example, I email you my proof of purchase email, then you send me a functional key.

Of course, if the problem is in the connection in the patch or somewhere else, that won't help.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #17
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayK View Post

So it would seem either my activation key was somehow erased, or the software that connects to the activation key server no longer functions properly.

One suggestion: For those like me who have a license key and have clearly purchased the game, set up a system so you can send us an email with a functional license key. For example, I email you my proof of purchase email, then you send me a functional key.

Of course, if the problem is in the connection in the patch or somewhere else, that won't help.

Please click on "Enter license key" and send me a screen shot of the dialog that shows up. Thank you!
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #18
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
That error message typically means you've downloaded the wrong copy of the game for your license. You downloaded the FastSpring version but have an eSellerate license for instance (or vice-versa).

So the quickest fix is just to download the patch for the license from where you originally bought the game, and that should fix things.

If you don't know which version of the game you have, then look at your license key. An eSellerate license should start with OOTP20... whereas as FastSpring license will typically start with something like AMTP0.

If you still can't tell which version you need then send me an email or PM and let me know the license number, your order number or the email address you used when purchasing the game and I'll look it up for you.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #19
ClayK
Minors (Single A)

Thanks ... Alexa helped me out and downloading the correct patch was the solution. I'm 95% sure I downloaded the one the message suggested but you never know.

Now I'm just hoping my tickets from July are addressed ...

I'm a huge fan of OOTP, and I understand there are always things that go wrong, so I'm hopeful going forward the path is smoother.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:48 PM   #20
Alex Murray
Major Leagues

Yeah If you have the error message stating "the activation key was not found on the license server." that is almost always an incorrect version issue.

https://support.ootpdevelopments.com...license-server

We have an article on our help desk all about that if anyone else is getting that same issue.

Thanks
Alex