Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

5 memorable moments off the top of my head

Whilest playing Perfect Team

I fell asleep down 3-2 in diamond level series and woke up to TWO*(2) 3-2 victories for the 4-3 series win & promotion to perfect.

I made the WS in my first season & Aroldis Chapman closed out the series for the other team. Me? At the time? Who was closing games for us in Iron? ...It may have been Reds Great Rawly Eastwick. I think it was, gonna give him one more try in perfects.

I played 109 different cards in a single season and it was one of the best years I had just for that. (Missed Perfect Playoffs by 1 game).

I got 1 or 2 good cards in my starter pack. So...My starter pack. Are they...better than subsequent packs?

End of last season Brooklyn Cyclones vs. Singapore Sluggers, two perfect teams that finished season with 120+ wins each. ...In the first round the Sluggers did not have a starter listed for game 5, ha ha. I thought that was a bad sign for their opponent. Not one liable to change but just as if the series would not go that long. And Singapore won that first series 3-0. The Cyclones won the Perfects series 4-1, though. Over those Singapore Sluggers.

If you wanted to share some random stuff, I'm in the mood.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 03-01-2020 at 09:24 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:32 PM   #2
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

I had a pitcher last season throw a 10 inning Maddux, unfortunately it was still worth 400 PP.

Luis Aparacio stole home last season, can't remember a player of mine ever doing that.

Had my first Perfect game a season or two ago. Again, possibly a first. I believe it was Chris Short who threw it.

Had a game where we combined for a 3 hitter, but lost 8-3. In the 6th inning we walked like 6 runs in a row. Hope to never see that again.

The Miners first game ever in Iron was a No Hitter.

Nothing really stands out as far as my teams go. Getting promoted is always fun but it's all one big blur in my memory.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:42 PM   #3
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

[QUOTE=One Great Matrix;4532923]I got 1 or 2 good cards in my starter pack. So...My starter pack. Are they...better than subsequent packs?/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly I got a 91 Altuve and a pretty high gold pitcher in my first pack. Pretty much been downhill from there.

My favorite is pulling a Diamond and seeing like a 98 then you realize it's a 5000 PP Live card and there is 47 of them already on the AH.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:24 PM   #4
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Oh yeah, I had a pitcher throw a perfect game in perfects. 97 Pedro. You're right, it gets all blended. I saved all the linescores from today. Doesn't sound significant now but maybe it will bring back a few memories later. Yeah, could be a coincidence since a gold was a real score at the beginning and later on seems eh when you are looking for a 97+ or at least 90+...

But seems like the starter pack was plenty to start with some talent where 5 standards and one gold later on might leave you with almost none.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 09-02-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:36 AM   #5
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I had a gold Brett Anderson go off in the playoffs. He threw a Maddux to help win my first Perfect WS, then threw a CGSO on a completely different team for my second Perfect WS (and first for that team). He will always hold a special place in my heart (and on my playoff roster).

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:06 AM   #6
Magus978
All Star Starter

First no-hitter for my Patriots many seasons ago. Burleigh Grimes. Won't forget that for awhile.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:43 AM   #7
wvualum06
Minors (Single A)

I had Tim Keefe throw a Perfect Game. All told, I earned 15,000 PP.
wvualum06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #8
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

I won a Silver WS today from the wildcad spot. Took down a 109 game winner and also the team that beat me out of my division.
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:03 PM   #9
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvualum06 View Post
I had Tim Keefe throw a Perfect Game. All told, I earned 15,000 PP.
Tim Keefe isn't on my team but for those strictly competing, I'd suggest him.

Old 02-26-2020, 03:08 PM   #10
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Had a 34 game win streak and still complained when I got a 12 game losing streak. I think that was with the Crusaders in Iron.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #11
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

I just ran a sim testing 21 and when I had stopped it Joe Dimaggio and Dom his brother were listed tied for 2nd place with a .346 average. Joe was listed 1st so I assume he lead by .000x or it was be cause of Marlyn Monroe.

They were not on the same team because the computer was managing the teams.

I also so a HOF vote where someone had all the votes but one. I assumed the was a writer from another team's town that voted for one of the players from his team. Totally real.. has happened many times.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:35 PM   #12
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I checked to see about Joe's 56 games in a row & his relationship with Monroe. I didn't quite finish the research but they were in no way obviously related.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:39 PM   #13
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
Had a 34 game win streak and still complained when I got a 12 game losing streak. I think that was with the Crusaders in Iron.

Pine Tar
It's more often that way than the other...

Maybe that team will come along that goes...on a 12-year run with a .438 win percentage overall & year in & year out consistently comments, "I'm just glad we won the games we did. It's not easy out there."

Old 02-26-2020, 09:45 PM   #14
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I checked to see about Joe's 56 games in a row & his relationship with Monroe. I didn't quite finish the research but they were in no way obviously related.
I do not think that streak will ever be beat. Especially with all the extra media coverage now a days.

I think Joe has the minor league streak too. Hell of a hitter and makes a good cup of coffee I hear.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:12 PM   #15
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I know I got a Perfect Game at some point last year, but I can’t remember who pitched it

There’ll be screenshots of it *somewhere* on my comp