Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:51 AM   #1
txmudcat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1871 start and Negro league players issue

I am having trouble with 1871 starts and the introduction of Negro League players. I have reserve roster on and color barrier disabled but there are none of these players showing up into the 1920s. Question is do I need to turn on the "import and maintain real minor leagues" at some point? In the start up it says this option is not available until 1915. I tried turning this on in 1916 and it did not bring anything in and I am at a loss. I am back for the first time in a few years so i apologize in advance if this has been covered.
Thank you for any help you can provide to setup the game properly to enjoy these players.
txmudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

You are correct. The NL are minor leagues in OOTP, so to get their players, you must have minor leagues on.

The other option is to create and import your yearly amateur players from text files. I actually have every year created from the minor league db through the 1990s.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:34 PM   #3
txmudcat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks Cooleyvol! That is what I was afraid somebody would say. I played 53 years until it dawned on me that I might have messed up in the initial setting of the league. ugh!
txmudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
WahooSam309
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
You are correct. The NL are minor leagues in OOTP, so to get their players, you must have minor leagues on.

The other option is to create and import your yearly amateur players from text files. I actually have every year created from the minor league db through the 1990s.
Cooleyvoi, are files like that available anywhere on this site? I've done a few of my own for the 1870s and 1880s, but I messed them up enough that the whole process got pretty frustrating.
WahooSam309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:30 PM   #5
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooSam309 View Post
Cooleyvoi, are files like that available anywhere on this site? I've done a few of my own for the 1870s and 1880s, but I messed them up enough that the whole process got pretty frustrating.
They will be included with my Quickstart that will be out soon.

It surmises that the Black Sox scandal killed MLB after a lackluster '20 campaign. MLB folds.

The International League, American Association, Pacific Coast League, and a central US league that I fabbed up take over and all the MLB players are drafted.

The four have an agreement where, the IL/AA champs face off and play the winner of the CL/PCL series in the Liberty Series.

Its set to start in 1921 with a full draft to start. Each year, I pull in that year's amateurs from the files I've created.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #6
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:

It surmises that the Black Sox scandal killed MLB after a lackluster '20 campaign. MLB folds.

The International League, American Association, Pacific Coast League, and a central US league that I fabbed up take over and all the MLB players are drafted.

The four have an agreement where, the IL/AA champs face off and play the winner of the CL/PCL series in the Liberty Series.

Its set to start in 1921 with a full draft to start. Each year, I pull in that year's amateurs from the files I've created.
I'm looking forward to this. I have a fictional league of 32 teams starting in 1946 that I use as an alternate post-war imagining of MLB where the PCL and such gets merged in.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #7
WahooSam309
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thanks, looking forward to it!
WahooSam309 is offline   Reply With Quote