Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
Higgs44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Customer Support?????

So I opened a ticket 48 hours ago or so, and still havent received any response. Is this really the norm?

View Ticket: #26351
serial number OOTP 19
Created: 10 April 2019 12:40 AM

my laptop died and had to purchase new one. Says I have no more serial numbers allowed. Can u help please?
Higgs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I had an issue with the exact same problem a few weeks ago. I opened a ticket, waited 5 or 6 days with no response, and then finally purchased a new laptop. However, I was lucky enough to have a leftover license available. It seriously took 6 days before I got a response, and the response was "we've been trying to reach you and haven't heard back, so we're closing the ticket. If you have further issues don't hesitate to open a new ticket."

I firmly believe they've put almost all,if not all, of their current resources into OOTP 20 and completely forgotten about OOTP 19 customers.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #3
Higgs44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I had an issue with the exact same problem a few weeks ago. I opened a ticket, waited 5 or 6 days with no response, and then finally purchased a new laptop. However, I was lucky enough to have a leftover license available. It seriously took 6 days before I got a response, and the response was "we've been trying to reach you and haven't heard back, so we're closing the ticket. If you have further issues don't hesitate to open a new ticket."

I firmly believe they've put almost all,if not all, of their current resources into OOTP 20 and completely forgotten about OOTP 19 customers.

most likely, though I bet if the headline read... Perfect Team... Theyd have answered within seconds.

Just another reason not to purchase OOTP 20
Old 04-12-2019, 07:19 PM   #4
joehart
All Star Starter

I think that comment is a bit harsh and does not really tell the real story of how much they care and work on this game.

I can’t think of many developers and owners that work so hard around the clock and respond 24/7.

I reported my share of bugs and issues and they are turned around in record time including issues that affected just my game and ended up getting resolved by developers working on their days off.

Could they have waited a day or week? Absolutely. But they did not. They investigated it Sunday morning and the issue was resolved by the afternoon.

If you have an issue that gets lost along the way or forgotten, you can always open a second ticket and refer to the first one but also provide a second alternative to get back to you.
I know my e-mail provider utilized a very aggressive security product on their gateway that bounced some messages back to them.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I think that comment is a bit harsh and does not really tell the real story of how much they care and work on this game.

I can’t think of many developers and owners that work so hard around the clock and respond 24/7.

I reported my share of bugs and issues and they are turned around in record time including issues that affected just my game and ended up getting resolved by developers working on their days off.

Could they have waited a day or week? Absolutely. But they did not. They investigated it Sunday morning and the issue was resolved by the afternoon.

If you have an issue that gets lost along the way or forgotten, you can always open a second ticket and refer to the first one but also provide a second alternative to get back to you.
I know my e-mail provider utilized a very aggressive security product on their gateway that bounced some messages back to them.

I am considerate of their plight and the tremendous amount of work that's been done. Saying that, I have had 3 different issues that required a ticket and none were resolved within 3 days. Maybe your ticket was during the launch cycle? Mine have been the past 1.5-2 months, and I have received, AT BEST, a 3-day response time, followed by my response to their response, followed by another 3 days wait to hear from them again.

I'm sure they were fantastic when the game was in full swing, but since 20 was announced the customer service for 19 has been close to non-existent. I'm not even complaining. I'm merely stating facts. To further my event timeline, every single ticket of mine was eventually solved (by myself) by spending hours and hours researching fixes online and trying new things like a family member's computer.

Again, I'm not upset as I eventually solved my ticket issues, but Ionly did so after days of waiting for a response and then finally taking things into my own hands. I'm not sure that qualifies as quality customer support.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:34 AM   #6
joehart
All Star Starter

I can understand the frustration and pain you went through. Any time you have to figure things out yourself, it can easily amount to hours of wasted time.

I was more referring to the second mail that suggested making your voice heard via your wallet is a good choice to send a message to the OOTP developers.

I fully agree that it is a good way for some companies but these guys wear many different hats and still find the time to read our messages, help, and jump on the feature requests we throw at them all week long.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:31 AM   #7
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I can agree to that for sure. They do a lot.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #8
Higgs44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I can understand the frustration and pain you went through. Any time you have to figure things out yourself, it can easily amount to hours of wasted time.

I was more referring to the second mail that suggested making your voice heard via your wallet is a good choice to send a message to the OOTP developers.

I fully agree that it is a good way for some companies but these guys wear many different hats and still find the time to read our messages, help, and jump on the feature requests we throw at them all week long.
well its going on day 5 no response via my ticket... I don't care what excuse you want to use that's piss poor customer service. I did get a response on FB asking if I had opened a ticket to which I responded with the ticket #... then silence, that's been 24 hours.

Oh and BTW... I asked for assistance on a bug that Ive been noticing on 3/4/2019 in the proper forum...
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...286237&page=14

That's been well over a month and never gotten a response.

I stand by my comment. Seems pretty obvious they've abandoned all their 19 customers and are only here chasing $$$ or OOTP 20 customers.

Last edited by Higgs44; 04-13-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:17 PM   #9
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I absolutely agree - I never ever had a problem that wasn't solved.

Maybe your ticket somehow got lost in the shuffle ... I don't think anyone of us can imagine what happens during release time and shortly after ...

It surely doesn't have anything to do with "shutting down" support for v19 but simply getting overwhelmed with responses for v20

So I'd suggest to simply open another ticket
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #10
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I absolutely agree - I never ever had a problem that wasn't solved.

Maybe your ticket somehow got lost in the shuffle ... I don't think anyone of us can imagine what happens during release time and shortly after ...

It surely doesn't have anything to do with "shutting down" support for v19 but simply getting overwhelmed with responses for v20

So I'd suggest to simply open another ticket

I can't speak for the OP but in reference to my aforementioned issues, I did open several tickets. Each issue except the first (because I didn't think I would NEED to open multiple tickets as I had never had a problem with their support in previous years) I opened multiple tickets. Again, that seems to go against what should be deemed "quality" customer support. If it's a one-time thing I completely understand, but in regards to my issues I had to open multiple tickets 3 separate times IIRC. I doubt that's an "oversight".

Everyone makes mistakes, but there's clearly a lack of support currently going on.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:32 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I can't speak for the OP but in reference to my aforementioned issues, I did open several tickets. Each issue except the first (because I didn't think I would NEED to open multiple tickets as I had never had a problem with their support in previous years) I opened multiple tickets. Again, that seems to go against what should be deemed "quality" customer support. If it's a one-time thing I completely understand, but in regards to my issues I had to open multiple tickets 3 separate times IIRC. I doubt that's an "oversight".

Everyone makes mistakes, but there's clearly a lack of support currently going on.
Typically, you shouldn't need to open multiple tickets. If you do, it can actually make it easier for us to keep track of things, but if you prefer just to reply to an older ticket with an email, that will keep that ticket open and we'll reply to it.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs44 View Post
most likely, though I bet if the headline read... Perfect Team... Theyd have answered within seconds.

Just another reason not to purchase OOTP 20
The problem with a few folks seeing slow response times in the last couple weeks is that I do all the license replies, and I was unexpectedly out of work for a week plus, at the same time a few other folks were out as well. Which left us really short handed and meant that some things got overlooked or weren't able to be handled by the folks that were working, especially some licensing issues.

Then it's taken quite a while to get caught up with everything once I came back. Everything has been replied to and sorted out now, and we should be back to our normal response times going forward.

So we're really sorry for the slow replies, but it was simply due to unexpected circumstances and being a bit understaffed for a week or so. It has nothing to do with whether a customer has OOTP19 or OOTP20 or Perfect Team or anything like that.

It's just that we're a very small company and we can occasionally get behind on things due to life interfering and not having enough staff to take care of everything that needs to be done when someone is out or when unexpected circumstances come up.

95% of the time though, I think we have far quicker and more helpful responses than companies that have the budget to devote a lot more staff and resources to support than we are able to.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-14-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #13
Higgs44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

resolved... thank you.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #14
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
The problem with a few folks seeing slow response times in the last couple weeks is that I do all the license replies, and I was unexpectedly out of work for a week plus, at the same time a few other folks were out as well. Which left us really short handed and meant that some things got overlooked or weren't able to be handled by the folks that were working, especially some licensing issues.

Then it's taken quite a while to get caught up with everything once I came back. Everything has been replied to and sorted out now, and we should be back to our normal response times going forward.

So we're really sorry for the slow replies, but it was simply due to unexpected circumstances and being a bit understaffed for a week or so. It has nothing to do with whether a customer has OOTP19 or OOTP20 or Perfect Team or anything like that.

It's just that we're a very small company and we can occasionally get behind on things due to life interfering and not having enough staff to take care of everything that needs to be done when someone is out of when unexpected circumstances come up.

95% of the time though, I think we have far quicker and more helpful responses than companies that have the budget to devote a lot more staff and resources to support than we are able to.

I agree, and thank you. I wasn't saying anything to bash or badmouth you. I was stating the facts of my cases. I respect your company and will continue to recommend and purchase your products. Thank you for commenting on this thread.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #15
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post

At the risk of being called a Fan Boy I totally agree.👍
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote