Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-10-2019, 11:29 PM   #1
fredbeene
All Star Starter

ball park dimension have effect?

WIll ballpark dimension have an effect?
Seems like the FACTORS are what matters

You can set a high homer factor and disance 1000'
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #2
fredbeene
All Star Starter

also setting the dimension has no affect on the how the ballpark displays
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:49 PM   #3
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Factors only. And they matter a lot. I went from pitcher-friendly to max hitters park and my team performance shifted dramatically.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Somehow righties/lefties batter-friendly park doesn't work in the way it should. Yeah, my righties get many more hits but often happens that right handed batters from a mixed opposite team e.g. 5 lefties 4 righties get on rampage and hits more times than my whole lineup all together... and no, it happens to my lefties only team as well. Similarly when another weaker (let's say that I finish season with 0.600 winning rate and the other team with 0.450) righties team visit the ballpark. I can have a better batter on every position but it doesn't matter as my usual winning rate against such teams is around 0.400 ... Same applies for Home x Away record which is usually the same which goes against expectation that due to the home field advantage the team should have much higher win rate at home...
SF Giants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #5
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Factors only. And they matter a lot. I went from pitcher-friendly to max hitters park and my team performance shifted dramatically.
Then I take it you have a strong offensive team with power?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #6
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Then I take it you have a strong offensive team with power?
Yes, and it's also a strong pitching team. The team has won 2 Perfect League championships, so it's solid all-around, but that doesn't really matter to my point. EDIT: Oh, I get your point. By dramatic shift in performance, I didn't mean from losing to winning. It was winning to still winning but with dramatic statistical shifts.

Below is how roughly the same team fared in back-to-back seasons in perfect. Season 1's park was .950 AVG, .900 2B/3B, .950 HR. Season 2 was 1.1 AVG, 1.25 2B/3B, 1.1 HR. It's a dramatic flip.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 03-11-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #7
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Yes, and it's also a strong pitching team. The team has won 2 Perfect League championships, so it's solid all-around, but that doesn't really matter to my point. EDIT: Oh, I get your point. By dramatic shift in performance, I didn't mean from losing to winning. It was winning to still winning but with dramatic statistical shifts.

Below is how roughly the same team fared in back-to-back seasons in perfect. Season 1's park was .950 AVG, .900 2B/3B, .950 HR. Season 2 was 1.1 AVG, 1.25 2B/3B, 1.1 HR. It's a dramatic flip.
I guess I trying to figure out the "ballpark factor" effect. A strong pitching team could also warrant a "pitcher's ballpark," no?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #8
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I guess I trying to figure out the "ballpark factor" effect. A strong pitching team could also warrant a "pitcher's ballpark," no?
Absolutely. If you want to minimize the other team's offense, Elite Pitching + Pitcher's Park can be devastating for some teams. That first season, I went something like .700 at home and went 1-2-3 in the Cy Young in Perfect League. The second, I didn't do as well at home (maybe .550), but I won the championship, so I somehow overcame the loss of my home field advantage.

I'm going with a max pitcher's park this season. I'm in 1st place still, but the sample is too small right now to see anything but a jumble of places in those rankings I posted.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 03-11-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:36 AM   #9
SF Giants
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Giants View Post
Somehow righties/lefties batter-friendly park doesn't work in the way it should. Yeah, my righties get many more hits but often happens that right handed batters from a mixed opposite team e.g. 5 lefties 4 righties get on rampage and hits more times than my whole lineup all together... and no, it happens to my lefties only team as well. Similarly when another weaker (let's say that I finish season with 0.600 winning rate and the other team with 0.450) righties team visit the ballpark. I can have a better batter on every position but it doesn't matter as my usual winning rate against such teams is around 0.400 ... Same applies for Home x Away record which is usually the same which goes against expectation that due to the home field advantage the team should have much higher win rate at home...
And this is exactly what I am talking about:
41:40 Home at lefties park 41:40 Away

SF Giants is offline   Reply With Quote