Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #61
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

OOTP XX and PT 2.0 are right around the corner, and spring will divert attention from mundane indoor tasks such as list maintenance. So it is time to wind down this league and I want to let everyone know of the plan and the schedule.

This weekend, the lists will be updated as usual and next week's league will still be voluntarily capped. You can certainly drop out anytime before the lists are final if you wish, but I hope everyone sticks around for one last season of this great league. I will be putting all of the usual attention into making sure that we get a full cap-compliant league at both levels.

Season 15 (March 11-17) will be the final capped league. The lists will no longer be maintained and membership solicitation will cease. Hopefully, it will be a full capped league in both perfect and diamond levels, and we can go out in style with a great competitive season and crown a final champion.

For season 16, everyone is on their own with no cap. You have a couple of options. If you want to see who will remain in the group, just do nothing. Be aware that some may choose to remain in the group but play without a cap. If you want to go back into the wild, just clear your friends list and/or select "random" as your league placement setting.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for putting up with me and all of the hassle associated with creating and maintaining this setup. I have had a blast and learned a lot from the great players that are in this group at both levels. I look forward to seeing all of you in PT 2.0 and maybe we will try to form a competition group again at some point. But for now, we still have this season and final week of competition to complete, so please don't lose focus yet. This Sunday is another list day and I think you in advance for making the effort to give us one last good week for season 15.

I will post this in the other two threads so everyone knows what is happening and can make their own informed decisions about next week and beyond.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #62
old timer
Hall Of Famer

First off, thanks Orcin for starting and keeping these leagues going! It's been fun!

For the 1st time in quite a while, I didn't get to check on my Clippers for a while and it seems they don't really need me. They're still in 1st which is quite the shock. But we're hardly making any PP - only 1590 so far this season.
Attached Images
Old 03-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #63
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I have a gripe about not being in 1st place.
Attached Images
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #64
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

I tried a new strategy for the first 3 days of this season lowering the pitch count of my starting relievers from 40 to 30 and lowering the 6 starters to 5 figuring my bullpen era has been solid for many seasons but the starting relievers have always been mediocre at best. I thought 40 pitches may have stretched them out a bit to where they were getting hit harder causing them to have higher eras than the bullpen guys. And 1 less starter would give me another full time bullpen guy to pick up some of the stack of my starters going 1 inning less. Outside of bad luck or tougher competition it backfired. My starting reliever's era actually increased by over a run over a 73 game span and bullpen donkeys stayed about the same. My record with the new strategy was 36-37(14 1/2 games out yuck!). Since I switched back to 40 and 6 man rotation I've gone 18-8 and back in the wild card picture.

My guess is the only way I'm going to lower the era of my starting relievers is to simply get better relievers. With platoons and left handed lineups my starters will always get hit harder and the relievers will get more opportunities to face lefty/lefty or righty/righty matchups. Back to the coloring book.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #65
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Unhappy

A sad day for Mets fans and for baseball...
An article by Bill Madden of the NY Daily News about Tom Seaver:
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...307-story.html
And one from Mike Vaccaro of the NY Post:
https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/the-to...ak-your-heart/

Last edited by Will_L; 03-07-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #66
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
I tried a new strategy for the first 3 days of this season lowering the pitch count of my starting relievers from 40 to 30 and lowering the 6 starters to 5 figuring my bullpen era has been solid for many seasons but the starting relievers have always been mediocre at best. I thought 40 pitches may have stretched them out a bit to where they were getting hit harder causing them to have higher eras than the bullpen guys. And 1 less starter would give me another full time bullpen guy to pick up some of the stack of my starters going 1 inning less. Outside of bad luck or tougher competition it backfired. My starting reliever's era actually increased by over a run over a 73 game span and bullpen donkeys stayed about the same. My record with the new strategy was 36-37(14 1/2 games out yuck!). Since I switched back to 40 and 6 man rotation I've gone 18-8 and back in the wild card picture.

My guess is the only way I'm going to lower the era of my starting relievers is to simply get better relievers. With platoons and left handed lineups my starters will always get hit harder and the relievers will get more opportunities to face lefty/lefty or righty/righty matchups. Back to the coloring book.
I don't know how you do it! Every time I face you, almost your entire staff is tired or exhausted and I face multiple pitchers per game coming in tired. You still manage to beat me more often that not... it's extremely frustrating haha!
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:13 PM   #67
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
I don't know how you do it! Every time I face you, almost your entire staff is tired or exhausted and I face multiple pitchers per game coming in tired. You still manage to beat me more often that not... it's extremely frustrating haha!
A couple cans of Monster energy drinks before the game and my guys are never tired.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #68
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post

It has been fun to watch. I like playing teams with different strategies. Makes the league more interesting. OOTP 20 should bring more opportunities to you with the new opener strategy if you choose to go all relievers again.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #69
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
It has been fun to watch. I like playing teams with different strategies. Makes the league more interesting. OOTP 20 should bring more opportunities to you with the new opener strategy if you choose to go all relievers again.
For sure. I think we'll see quite a few more teams trying it in 20. At least I hope so. I'll still have a "main team" that I'll probably throw a few bucks at and a 3rd team to soak up points until I decide to pick a theme. I'm doing a Yankees team now as my 3rd team but it doesn't have the same appeal as the other 2. With tournaments coming it may be a bit much to do them all. I'll have to quit my job to keep up. Wait! Mobil app! I won't have to quit. I'll be fired.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #70
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Full disclosure... I am not tanking but I am busting up my all-Cardinals theme team. It never worked and I am really tired of it. It is a free-to-play team and I am converting it to the best roster I can assemble for the 75K that I can get for the current roster. It will be a gradual process but I need to sell off the most expensive pieces first. So it might look like a tank job, but I was almost certain to be relegated anyway.

It's been great playing with you guys. Even though most of my attention was on my main team in Perfect, I enjoyed watching these threads too.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #71
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Full disclosure... I am not tanking but I am busting up my all-Cardinals theme team. It never worked and I am really tired of it. It is a free-to-play team and I am converting it to the best roster I can assemble for the 75K that I can get for the current roster. It will be a gradual process but I need to sell off the most expensive pieces first. So it might look like a tank job, but I was almost certain to be relegated anyway.

It's been great playing with you guys. Even though most of my attention was on my main team in Perfect, I enjoyed watching these threads too.
So if your relegated, who runs this Diamond league?

Of course the Squirrels are near the bottom 4 again.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:03 PM   #72
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So if your relegated, who runs this Diamond league?

Of course the Squirrels are near the bottom 4 again.
Well, nobody. Next week is the last week.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:08 PM   #73
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

This will be fun to watch.

Quote:

ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #74
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
OOTP XX and PT 2.0 are right around the corner, and spring will divert attention from mundane indoor tasks such as list maintenance. So it is time to wind down this league and I want to let everyone know of the plan and the schedule.

This weekend, the lists will be updated as usual and next week's league will still be voluntarily capped. You can certainly drop out anytime before the lists are final if you wish, but I hope everyone sticks around for one last season of this great league. I will be putting all of the usual attention into making sure that we get a full cap-compliant league at both levels.

Season 15 (March 11-17) will be the final capped league. The lists will no longer be maintained and membership solicitation will cease. Hopefully, it will be a full capped league in both perfect and diamond levels, and we can go out in style with a great competitive season and crown a final champion.

For season 16, everyone is on their own with no cap. You have a couple of options. If you want to see who will remain in the group, just do nothing. Be aware that some may choose to remain in the group but play without a cap. If you want to go back into the wild, just clear your friends list and/or select "random" as your league placement setting.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for putting up with me and all of the hassle associated with creating and maintaining this setup. I have had a blast and learned a lot from the great players that are in this group at both levels. I look forward to seeing all of you in PT 2.0 and maybe we will try to form a competition group again at some point. But for now, we still have this season and final week of competition to complete, so please don't lose focus yet. This Sunday is another list day and I think you in advance for making the effort to give us one last good week for season 15.

I will post this in the other two threads so everyone knows what is happening and can make their own informed decisions about next week and beyond.
Thanks for everything you did here. Definitely made my experience in PT more enjoyable. Will see you along the way here and in OOTP 20.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:12 AM   #75
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, nobody. Next week is the last week.
But if we remain friends the league stays in tact?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #76
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Subway Rats got two achievements that I'd not yet seen...
Power Inning - 5 HR 9,000PP
Contact Inning - 12 H 3,000PP
A 12,700PP game!
That was a pleasant morning surprise

Last edited by Will_L; 03-09-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #77
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
But if we remain friends the league stays in tact?
I think post #61 at the top of this page explains all that but I would be happy to answer any additional questions.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #78
Blazinghalo
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in these leagues. With 2.0 just around the corner I'm going to set the Kenner Valkyrie and Kenner Lynx back to random on league placement settings at the end of this season. I wish you all the best in the future.
Blazinghalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #79
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinghalo View Post
Thanks for the opportunity to participate in these leagues. With 2.0 just around the corner I'm going to set the Kenner Valkyrie and Kenner Lynx back to random on league placement settings at the end of this season. I wish you all the best in the future.
OK, I will take you off the lists then. See you on the other side!
Old 03-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #80
old timer
Hall Of Famer

This season has been the only one that I've not followed much. Naturally, it's the best my team has ever done (so far!). It's cool, but at the same time, with OOTP 20 just around the corner, I don't care as much now. But I'd still like to see the Clippers go deeper in the playoffs this time (assuming no collapse).
Attached Images