Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 10-29-2017, 11:06 AM   #21
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1920-21 NHL Regular Season

Disaster struck in Toronto on the eve of the regular season. 1st line center, Reg Noble suffered a grade 3 concussion. He’s out for 11 months! That’s a huge blow for Toronto, who is trying to compete with Ottawa most likely for that 2nd playoff spot. Noble had 14 goals and 25 points last year. He’s 24, so hopefully he can come back from this.

Noble

It took 8 games, but the Hamilton Tigers franchise finally have their first win. After going winless 1919-20 season in Quebec, the Tigers began the season with more competitive efforts, but on the losing end of 7 straight. On January 12th. Infront of the home crowd, 4500 strong at Barton Street Arena, the Tigers were able to score a 5-3 win! Dman Amby Moran led the way with 2 goals and an assist!

Ottawa had a four point lead for first place with two games left in the season. Montreal beat the Senators both games, to tie them for first place and take that outright crown away. It doesn’t matter all too much, as both teams will play a series to determine the league champion, but Montreal has to have the edge now!

Nigbour and Denneny provide 2 big offensive seasons for the Senators, the spark that had them on par with the powerhouse Habs.

George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #22
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1921 NHL Playoffs

After taking the first game, it looked like the Ottawa Senators would be the first NHL team other then the Habs to play for the Stanley Cup. Montreal had different ideas, and won the next two games to give them the series 2 games to 1. Barney Stanley, nice name, led the way with 5 points in the 3 game series.

Barney Stanley

Old 10-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #23
George_Bell
All Star Starter

I don’t believe teams of the WCHL can compete with the NHL teams. Yes, the league has a lot of the youth being drafted into the NHL, but this kind of a case of men vs boys. Victoria will still try though. They lost just twice in their league this year, making their first trip to the Cup finals.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #24
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1920-21 Stanley Cup Final

Babe Dye scores 2 goals, and adds 3 assists in a opening game 7-2 win for the Habs. Montreal out everythinged the Aristocrats. Ya i know, that's not a word....

Babe Dye

Game 2 started much the same. Joe Malone scored twice in the opening frame, and Montreal led 3-0. Victoria fought back though, and made it a 2 goal game with a Jack Walker goal. Victoria records more shots in the 3rd then the opening 2 periods, but can’t put a puck by George Hainsworth. Montreal wins 3-1 and takes their fourth consecutive Stanley Cup!

Montreal's Championship roster

Old 10-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #25
JaBurns
All Star Starter

How do you get the wonderful trophy images into the game. I have been trying with both this and OOTP18 but for the life of me cannot get them installed into either game.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:51 AM   #26
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
How do you get the wonderful trophy images into the game. I have been trying with both this and OOTP18 but for the life of me cannot get them installed into either game.
I haven't, most thing i do in photoshop
Old 10-31-2017, 10:01 AM   #27
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1921 NHL Offseason

Ottawa’s Frank Nighbor is the winner of the 1921 Hart Trophy. Nighbor is the first 2 time winner of the award. He won in the inaugural season. Nighbor lead the league in points this year for the first time!

Here is the first official NHL first team all-star squad. The team is made up of the players judged to be the best at their positions.

Well, as this snipet says, the WCHL, or the PCHL, or whatever it’s called gets 4 more teams. I imagine this will thin out the talent in the league, and make them even less likely to win the Stanley Cup.

Former first overall pick Aurel Joliat has finally joined the Hamilton Tigers. Originally drafted while that franchise was in Quebec, Joliat, now 19, is immediately the teams best player. He alone is capable of helping the Tigers double their win total from last year!!

Joliat

Speaking of the draft, here is this years results

It’s tough seeing King Clancy picked up by Montreal. I’m a leafs fan, and Clancy is a ROYAL name in Toronto. I want Toronto to trade for the King!

Here is a look at first overall pick, Tiny Thompson.

Well, that’s pretty big. The biggest trade in league history just took place.

31 year old, Joe Malone, one of the best players in the world heads to Ottawa, for defenceman Red Dutton. Malone, on the wrong side of 30, still had 46 points last year. He might be enough to help Ottawa end Montreal’s reign! Dutton is a decent prospect, but I would have expected Montreal to get more.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #28
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1921-22 NHL Regular Season

Well, that season preview needs to change. Montreal’s Babe Dye is out for the season. Dye suffered a torn back muscle in practice, and will miss atleast 5 months. Dye had 40 points during his first season in Montreal last year, after spending 3 years in the WCHL.

Babe Dye will miss the season

One day after defeating the Tigers 3-2 on opening night, the Senators complete a blockbuster trade with Hamilton.

Tiny Thompson was indeed the first pick in this years draft. He did sign with Hamilton, and was assigned to their minor league squad. Thompson looks like a future stud. Hamilton seems to want to compete after 1 win in 2 years. Frank Fredrickson will become the Tigers top center. He has 27 goals and 30 assists over the past two years. Add him with Aurel Joliat, and the Tigers have improved big time!

Despite the addition of some talent, the Hamilton Tigers were 1-11-1 at the trade deadline. That didn’t stop them from adding more veteran talent.

Barney Stanley

I guess i forgot to screenshot it. The Trade was Barney Stanley to Hamilton. Montreal gets the rights of Hooley Smith.

A key piece in Montreal’s dynasty heads to the Tigers, for prospect Hooley Smith. Stanley has just 1 goal this year, but he does have 14 assists in 13 games. At 29, he’s got some hockey left in him. It’s a curious move for Hamilton, but obviously, they intended on competing right now. Hooley Smith is a 3 star prospect as Montreal tries to keep the prospect train running.

Final Standings

Well I was really wrong. I thought Joe Malone would help the Sens take first place. Nope. They finish third and miss the playoffs completely. I though the additions the Tigers made would help them be competitive. Nope. If anything, the return of Reg Noble to the St. Pats lineup, after missing all of last year had the biggest impact of the season. Noble’s 37 points were 4th in the league.

Aurel Joliat doesn’t show up here, but he showed signs of being a star. 15 goals, 9 assists for 24 points. Something to build on!
Old 11-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #29
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1922 NHL Playoffs

Here is the full hockey world playoff bracket.

The St Pats pull the opening game upset win over Montreal 3-2, from Montreals Mount Royal Arena. Corb Denneny scored twice in the first, pacing the Pats to a 3-0 lead they were able to hold onto.

Game 1 star Corb Denneny

Game 2 saw both teams score early, then stayed for a long time. It wasn’t until the last minute of the game, when Laurie Scott scored his 2nd goal of the game, giving the Pats a 2-1 lead. Corb Denneny provided insurance 30 seconds later, and the Pats win 3-1, and take the series. Toronto will play for the Stanley Cup!!

I guess it was a 3 game series. All 3 won by Toronto.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:28 AM   #30
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Looking at these two teams, I like Toronto to win the series which is a best of 5 this year. The St. Pats have better depth, better top talent, and the best goalie of the 1922 season. Victoria did finish first in the WCHL, and had to beat Vancouver and Calgary to get here.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #31
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1921-22 Stanley Cup Final

Hap Day, who has made a real difference on the Toronto blue line this season, dished out 3 assists, in the St. Pats opening game 4-2 victory. Toronto outshot the Aristocrats 42-19, and probably should have won by more.

Game one first star, Hap Day

Overtime is needed for game 2, a much closer affair in every manner. Victoria would go on to outshoot Toronto 41-37 in this one. Abbie Newell scored a shorthanded goal halfway through the first overtime to give Victoria the win and tie the series at one!

Abbie Newell, OT Hero

With the series switching to Victoria, the St. Pats came out on fire. Dick Irvin scored twice in the opening frame, which pretty much was the game. Toronto wins it 6-1, putting them one game away from the title.

Game 4 is over before it started. Victoria is held to 9 shots. Reg Noble gets himself a hattrick, and Toronto wins 7-0. The St. Pats win their first Stanley Cup!

I forgot to take a shot of the St. Pats cup winning roster with this years stats. I can't get that anymore, so here is the teams depth chart a month after they won.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #32
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1922 Offseason News and Notes

Frank Nighbor wins his third Hart Trophy. His 43 points this year was 2nd in hockey, but he’s the only player to score 20 goals. Nighbor is on his way to establishing himself as the best player of the early 20th century!

Here is the 1922 first team all-star squad...

Here are the game posted new rules for the 22/23 season.

So the Stanley Cup is officially a best of three. Now i know, thats good!

Hamilton takes 17 year old goalie Charlie Gardiner 1st overall in the 1922 NHL draft. He will be a very good goalie someday, but just not today. He’s very raw. There weren’t a lot of big names in this years draft.

On the eve of training camp, Montreal and Hamilton strike a deal involving two strong players…

Carson Cooper, only 23, is a 3.0/3.0 RW who recorded 24 points in 24 games last year for the Tigers. He’s got really good offensive skills and plays right around the crease. Selected 9th overall by Ottawa in 1918, they released him two months later. That was a mistake. Buck Boucher is a 3.0/3.0 defenceman, who Hamilton really needs. They are weak back there. Boucher has 38 points over the last 2 years, and is a plus 34. Boucher becomes Hamilton’s #1 defenceman.

Cooper and Boucher
Old 11-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #33
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1922-23 NHL Regular Season

Babe Dye is back which could make a huge impact for the Habs. Aurel Joliat may have the Tigers in contention for the first time ever, and Hap Day is now considered the leagues best defenceman.

Huge trade alert!

Ok, 21 year old Hap Day, who in the season preview was declared the best dman in the NHL, has been dealt to the Ottawa Senators! Going to Toronto is the brother of St. Pats star Corb, Cy Denneny.

Cy is a big time scorer. He’s accumulated 184 points in his 124 games as a Senator. At 31 though, his prime years are behind him. The Denneny brothers are reunited though, and its quite the offensive duo.

Cy Denneny

Hap Day is a true #1 dman. He finished last years Stanley Cup with 6 points in 4 games, and averaged over 30 mins of playing time a game in his 1.5 seasons in Toronto. Im very surprised Toronto let him go. I think the Sens just committed a robbery.

Hap Day

At the halfway point of the season, parody has set in. All 4 NHL teams are within 2 points of each other. Hamilton has more wins this season then their entire existence!!

A few more trades took place this year but nothing really worth mentioning, so lets get to the end of the season and see who will play for Lord Stanley’s Mug!

Final Standings

Well, Ottawa getting an elite defenceman didn’t work out for them this year, as they fell to last place. Hamilton easily passed them, and challenged for a playoff spot, eventually failing to catch Montreal. Toronto takes 1st place, as they attempt to defend their title.

Goaltending has gotten much better. Goalies are making a lot more saves these days, and it’s showing. Toronto’s Laurie Scott leads the league in scoring with just 30 points.

Cy Denneny ended the season, in Toronto, with 9 points in 8 games. He plays on the first line with his brother Corb. Hap Day was a -3 in his 12 games in Ottawa, but chipped in offensively, with 13 points.

Last edited by George_Bell; 11-04-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #34
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1923 NHL Playoffs

Toronto and Montreal are playing a 3 game, total goal series. Game one is dominated by Toronto. They outshoot the Habs 45-17. Dick Irvin scored a minute in, and the Pats never lost the lead. Toronto wins game one, 5-3.

In game two, the Pats got off to another quick start. Cy Denneny scored twice in a 64 second span, but Montreal responded to tie it early in the 2nd. Cy’s brother Corb gave Toronto the lead early in the third, but Babe Dye would score twice in 75 seconds to give Montreal a 4-3 lead, which was the final. Through 2 games, Toronto leads 8-7 in total goals.

Babe Dye

Game 3, from Montreal will decide the series. Toronto scores 34 seconds in. The brothers Denneny combining on the goal, but it’s all Montreal after that. The Habs score 4 unanswered goals to take the total goal series 11-9.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #35
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Vancouver makes their first visit to the Cup finals, and unlike past WCHL teams, I believe they have a chance. It’s a short 2 game, total goals series, and they have Howie Morenz, Eddie Shore and Nels Stewart. All three players were high NHL draft picks, who have developed into top players period. Montreal might be in trouble.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #36
croatian
All Star Starter

I like your reports, keep it coming
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:35 AM   #37
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1923 Stanley Cup

Montreal’s Frank Foyston opened the scoring, and Montreal led 1-0 through two periods. Nels Stewart tied the game and Cyclone Taylor scored twice to give Vancouver an opening game, 3-1 win. Montreal is in trouble.

Cyclone Taylor

Montreal outshoots Vancouver 11-1 in the opening frame, but the game remains scoreless. Frank Foyston scores on the first shot of the 2nd, and it’s 1-0 Habs, and 3-2 overall for Vancouver. Babe Dye scores the 2nd Montreal goal of the game, to tie the cup final at three!

Less then a minute later, Fred Lowrey coverts a Nels Stewart pass to give Vancouver the lead heading into the third. Johnny Shepard pots a Howie Morenz rebound and Vancouver can taste victory! Nels Stewart adds some insurance. Vancouver wins the game 3-2, the series 6-3 and the Stanley Cup. They are the first WCHL team to win it!

Old 11-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #38
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1923 NHL Offseason

Ottawa’s Frank Nighbor wins his 4th Hart Trophy. His 30 points was tied for the lead league. Can’t say I agree with this decision. Ottawa finished last with Nighbor and Hap Day. I would have picked Reg Noble with the St. Pats.

I forgot to screen shot the all-star team, and I have no idea how to find it now. So, I’ll choose it.

C Reg Noble, TOR
LW Laurie Scott, TOR
RW Babe Dye, MON
D Hap Day, OTT
D Harry Cameron, TOR
G George Hainsworth, MON

Ottawa’s Joe Malone has retired from the NHL. At 33, this is a bit of a surprise. Joe Malone was still a excellent player. Maybe finishing last took it’s toll on him, but he was not the problem. Joe Malone is a sure fire Hall of Famer, whenever that starts. Here’s a look at his 6 year NHL career!

No real household names taken in this years draft. Marty Barry goes first overall. Like most, he’s been signed by the WCHL. Looks like a decent player with a solid future, but I wouldn’t say a star.

Well I guess the Denneny’s didn’t like playing with each other. Before the season begins, the St. Pats trade Cy away.

Denneny goes to Montreal, after just 8 games in Toronto. Cy is 31, still a good scorer who will see a lot of minutes. Montreal gives up 19 year old Babe Siebert. Siebert was picked 2nd overall in 1922 by Ottawa, and acquired by Montreal earlier in the summer in a trade I accidentally deleted before i could screenshot it. Siebert is currently playing with the Calgary Tigers, but looks like a potential star if and when he comes to the NHL.

Denneny and Siebert
Old 11-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #39
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1923-24 NHL Regular Season

Last years best record, the St. Pats aren’t mentioned at all, which is a bad sign. Hamilton looks like a real contender now. Huge turnaround from the 1 win a season years!

Top overall pick Marty Barry is dealt to Montreal for Duke Keats, a top 6 winger. Keats has had a nice career, with 52 points in 67 career games. He’s 28, and a nice pick up if Ottawa is going for the playoffs. They are in 2nd place at the time of this deal, mid January, so it does make sense.

Barry and Keats

Not a whole lot happened during the season. With 4 teams playing a short schedule, season's go by quickly! Lets finish this season!

After starting the season strong, Hamilton goes on a 2-16-1 streak to finish the season and settle into last place. So much for those preseason predictions.

Ottawa and Montreal were clearly the top two teams this season. Should be a nice series when the play for the NHL’s cup birth.

Aurel Joliat leads the league in goals, yet his team was awful. I don’t know what happened. Hamilton has talent. That disaster wasn’t Joliat’s fault. Hap Day is the first defenceman to lead the league in scoring.

I went to write an update on how Keats and Barry did after the deal. Keats scored 7 points in 3 games for the Sens, and a week later was traded back to Montreal. I completely missed the trade. Ottawa got prospect Hooley Smith, who looks good. Keats had 17 points in 21 games for Montreal.

Last edited by George_Bell; 11-06-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #40
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1924 NHL Playoffs

It’s a 3 game, total goal series. Game one is a defensive gem. Goalies George Hainsworth and Alex Connell are the stars in a 1-1 tie. Game two is the same. The goalies were both great and it finished in a 2-2 tie. Game 3 is a true winner take all game.

Connell and Hainsworth

Hap Day records a goal and an assists, while Lloyd Andrews scored twice. Ottawa dominated Montreal in shots, 37-14, and win the deciding game 5-1. Ottawa takes the series 8-3 and will appear in their first Stanley Cup!