Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #1
ermolli
Bat Boy

KHL/European hockey mistakes

Hi guys, FHM is pretty exciting hockey manager game, but there are huge mistakes in the European/international hockey.

So, I finish the first season in the KHL with Slovan Bratislava team. I was really underdog but I got conference semi-final and defeat with SKA St. Petersburg on 7, later Gagarin Cup winner. My questions:

1. Why in the KHL does not work trade deadline? It is at 2016/12/25 in the real hockey, but teams in the game trade player after game. In the league rules there is trade deadline 2018/12/25 - ??? - I dont understand.

2. There are any mistakes in the database - for example, Barys Astana have new 12000 arena from 2016, but in the game is still old one. Slovan Bratislava affiliated team is not Skalica but Banska Bystrica in the Slovakian league. Next, average attendance of the Admiral Vladivostok, Amur Khabarovsk, Sibir Novosibirsk and Kunlun Red Star is too low. - But this is not very important. In the KHL is also 3v3 overtime system, but its really new (from december 2016).

3. International tournaments - there are 2 point system in the game, but its IIHF games, so there is 3 point system in the real hockey. So its really absurd this old system use on the World Championship (all categories). Next, there are not in the game in-season european int. tournaments (Deutschland Cup etc.)

4. Finally, there is only one, or two countries in the real hockey, which are hosting World Championship (for example 2017 Deutschland and France). In the FHM was games in the city of the game "home" team. For example Team Canada play WCH games in Ottawa in my game. Absurd.

FHM is really good game with big potential. I know, its for North America/NHL hockey first. But patch this mistakes will make deep and better experience. FHM is more complex like the other one hockey manager game, so I think, this mistakes are too "big" for this really exciting manager. So, I am going to start new NHL game and I am sure it will be great. Thanks for replies
ermolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

1 - that's a bug, the date is correctly set in the data but for some reason it's not being applied correctly in the game - it's setting it to December 2017 instead of 2016, then increases it every year. We'll fix it.

2 - If you seem mistakes, please let us know in the data error report thread and we'll get them fixed. The 3v3 OT, like you said, was just added in mid-season, so it'll probably be coming in the next update.

3 - I'll change that in the database; right now all international tournaments use the same setting, so it's correct for some (e.g. World Cup), but the majority use the 3-point system, so that's hwo it should be set.

4 - Locations for international games are a little complicated right now because of the way arena data is handled. Changing that may have to wait for an arena overhaul in a future version.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote