Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
jldante56
Major Leagues

How do I make myself Coach again?

I'm in my 10th season of a Sandbox league during which I've been GM/Head Coach the entire time - I'm not sure how I did this, but during the offseason I changed something and I'm no longer the head coach, only the GM. . .and I can't find anyway to make myself the head coach again. I've re-assigned myself to my team, but I can only take on the GM duties.

Please help. . .At this point I can no longer set my own lineups. . .

Thanks,
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:00 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Is there a head coach? Firing him (or just removing him via editing) should return you to GM/Coach. If there isn't one, you may need to hire, then remove one, to get it back.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
jldante56
Major Leagues

I tried hiring a new coach and then firing him. When I go to available jobs and I assign myself to it, it only makes me the GM and leaves the head coach spot open. I can't figure out how to assign me to both. Now, I have a head coach that the owner apparently likes (Tony Amonte) and he won't even let me fire him. . .
Old 12-23-2016, 12:15 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Strange, it should have made you GM/HC again once the coaching job was vacant. Could you upload the save? I think we'll need to take a look at that.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 01:49 AM   #5
ArdbegPlease
Bat Boy

Hey dante,

I had this problem too this week. A few years into my sandbox franchise, my Isles were still painfully terrible, and when I realized I could hire a Head Coach to replace myself (I think all my coaching ratings were 5), I did so, only to realize I could no longer set my own lineups.

The workaround I found was to essentially take a year off from coaching: stick with the hired coach for one year (edit his contract down to a one-year deal in commish mode if needed), sim that year, then don't offer him another contract. You will go back to being GM/Coach on July 1 of the next year.

Hope that helps.
ArdbegPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #6
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdbegPlease View Post
Hey dante,

I had this problem too this week. A few years into my sandbox franchise, my Isles were still painfully terrible, and when I realized I could hire a Head Coach to replace myself (I think all my coaching ratings were 5), I did so, only to realize I could no longer set my own lineups.

The workaround I found was to essentially take a year off from coaching: stick with the hired coach for one year (edit his contract down to a one-year deal in commish mode if needed), sim that year, then don't offer him another contract. You will go back to being GM/Coach on July 1 of the next year.

Hope that helps.
This worked - Thanks a lot!
Old 01-08-2017, 02:59 AM   #7
demons19
Minors (Double A)

This problem just happened to me as I binge tonight
But I refuse to sit out a year!
I have no idea why all of a sudden my coaching reins were taken away.
I tried hiring a coach but then they would not let me fire him.
Then I tried, just simming till the start of preseason when games begin but the job remains open. Very frustrating.

The only thing I can think of that could have caused it was, I was playing around with the AHL team and realized I could hire assistants for them. In the attempt to improve the training of my players. So then I tried to also hire them a new head coach and it let me except the bad one in place never left. So maybe that did something to main team head coach position.
demons19 is offline   Reply With Quote