Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:36 AM   #101
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

One little change that would make a massive difference for me, is splitting the team text and background color into home and away versions. The reason I am saying this is, especially when doing historical sims, you run into the issue of the crowded matchday screen being hard to read at a glance because every team under the sun used navy blue. Swapping the regular colors for the home team could also be a solution.
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:35 AM   #102
Elektranaut
Major Leagues

On the championship winners page it would be really cool to be able to place a team picture of the seasons champions and underneath a stats analysis of their performances through the year.The team picture would be frozen so the players wouldn't age and all their uniforms would be correct for their winning season.
Elektranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #103
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Was just thinking of another, hopefully simple, interface adjustment that would help online leagues:

After loading the most recent league file, a screen pop-up asking to take you to the first/next game replay, as even with scores hidden, it's sometimes tough to navigate to your next game without seeing spoilers...such as if you had a game 7, and then see that you indeed have another game scheduled...that's a bit of a buzz kill when trying to see your replay.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-16-2016, 04:05 PM   #104
stevem810
All Star Starter

We're all familiar with the injured player receiving an extended amount of time on the DL because he is not healing....how about an occasional 'healed faster than expected'? Not too often as the event should be more a surprise than the GM 'hoping' for it because it happens 'sometimes'. .
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #105
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I would love, love, love if when I click vs LHP lineups (same with RHP), it would automatically show me vs LHP ratings and LHP splits! These are lineup screens after all. You could simply go to the players tab if you wanted to see the combined ratings and/or stats
Attached Images

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet

Last edited by jpeters1734; 10-19-2016 at 05:14 PM.
jpeters1734 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #106
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Another thing that would greatly help us set lineups is if there was a way to filter the non-starters. That would allow us to only see the starters and we wouldn't have to sort through stats and ratings of guys we already determined would not start.

You can't use any of the other filter options since not every starter has played the same amount of games, for example

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 10-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #107
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

PA > a number

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2016, 11:32 PM   #108
mmorgan184
Minors (Double A)

Please update the real-time simulation screen for modern resolutions. Only being able to see 6-8 games at a time with so much empty screen space is boring.
mmorgan184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:00 AM   #109
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

However, bear in mind there is a flip side to that, and it's laptops. I personally would love to be able to see eight game results at once.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #110
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

An option to remove the play by play box so we can see more of the field. Move the play by play and the swing away, bunt option etc to the grey ribbon above where the attendance is listed. So instead of the attendance and game view options it will show the offense/defense options first and then the play by play .The attendance and other info can be moved to the top ribbon next to the game log option
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:25 PM   #111
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

I'd like to see playoff odds and predictions, as we get w/ pennant race.
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #112
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpegiovanni View Post
I'd like to see playoff odds and predictions, as we get w/ pennant race.

we already get that
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #113
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

--would love to see more database stats such as manager vs teams career wise. Same goes for players too
Would like to see stats separated for playoffs to separate between levels of playoffs career wise then at the bottom have the accumlulated stats.

--Also has GM the ability to negotiate my salary instead of default

--As GM to negotiate a new stadium with the city unless owner has enough money to do it on his own. Such as lease terms in years to stay or to threaten to leave city you name it. Of which rumors of the deal could fill seats or lose seats.

--GM to negotiate minor league teams to stay with franchise.

Last edited by r0nster; 10-29-2016 at 09:01 PM.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:59 AM   #114
bobum
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey folks,

1) Did you like the OOTP 17 color scheme and use of team colors. If not, what could be improved?
I'm colorblind - the grid colors for me are horrible and I can't change them. It's nearly impossible for me to see which row in a grid I have highlighted because the blue colors are so close to each other

It is extremely difficult for me to see the selected row in the above image - can you see which one is selected?

I'd love to be able to edit grid colors or have a colorblind scheme or at least a 1px border showing me highlighted row.
bobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #115
augur11
Bat Boy

Editing the grid order would be phenomenal! I export a lot of reports for analysis in other applications and would like to modify the columns simply by dragging/ordering/etc. before exporting so it saves me time doing it on the back end!
augur11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:39 AM   #116
slazer33
Minors (Single A)

I want to be able to set infield/outfield defense from the keyboard, not the mouse, like everything else in PbP

Maybe right-click on player names could have an option for "pinch-hit," "relieve," or "add as defensive replacement for" during games?
slazer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:29 AM   #117
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Could you just get rid of the" scores" we get as GMS and managers at the end of each season? They don'the mean anything. It is not clear why one gets a 22 instead of a 37. Sometimes you have a team crippled with injuries and by some miracle you drag them to 3rd place a.d a winning record. Then the AI tells you "your score for this season is 10" that is a terrible score jack and you do not deserve to even play this game or have any friends".demoralizing and pointless. We know how we did ad have W -L records.

Last edited by italyprof; 11-03-2016 at 03:32 AM.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #118
Kasabian
Minors (Single A)

I think it would be cool if there was an entire page dedicated to upcoming games/series. For example, seeing your all players' stats against upcoming starters/batters. Right now, as far as I know, you can only see these stats in each player's profile or at the pre game screen. On this upcoming games/series page, it could have all the in context stats for the stadium and similar stats.

On the available personnel page, I wish there was a way to see who was interested in filling whatever position you are looking for. I think the most realistic way would be to have an "accept applications" option (you could, of course, still reach out to personnel too) - it could be kind of like the "shop player" option but for a position.

I wish there was a way to tell your organizations' managers to teach players how to play new positions without using the "force start" setting. In addition, it'd be cool to have an option to to have a "development strategy" for each player - maybe you could designate some players to try to become a utility player or play all outfield positions - this might boil down to the manager automatically rotating your player through positions without having to set the "every ##th day" options.

I'd also love to a way to compare two (or more) of your farm teams' rosters - side by side. Obviously, we can do this now with the rosters screen but I was thinking larger sizes for the two (or three) rosters. I was thinking something similar to the "players" screen but with the ability to select which teams to compare (like the "compare players" screen).

Also, it would be nice to have a way to get all the daily box scores of your farm teams on one page.

Love your guys' games. Thanks for taking our input into consideration!

Last edited by Kasabian; 11-03-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Kasabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #119
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
On the player comparison screen I would like to see a couple of additions.....
Fielding stats

Ability to change league level. Would be nice to go to AAA stats when comparing rookies with very limited MLB AB's.

On the player's batting and pitching splits tab for the current season add a "after all-star game" line or "second half" line.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #120
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

A couple things, Please make associations more accessible. When the association play offs start, there's nothing to display. It's easy to miss the games unless you are on a team schedule page.

Second, and minor, if a team doesn't have a nickname please leave out the "the". For example, on the screenshot it shows the Yankees beating the New York.
Attached Images