Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #21
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Can the "development tracker" track changes in potential? I'm running a talent-only league, and the development tracker gives me a "can't divide by zero" error when I try to run it.
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #22
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
Also, what number should I put in as the playoff odds "Pythagorean exponent?"
2.00 was the exponent originally proposed, although I believe that 1.83 is now a commonly accepted exponent as being slightly more accurate. Of course, you could use the Pythagenpat option, in which case the value you enter in this field is irrelevant as the utility calculates an exponent for each team based on their run ratio.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #23
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
... 1.83 is now a commonly accepted exponent as being slightly more accurate. Of course, you could use the Pythagenpat option...
I don't remember seeing the Pythagenpat option, but I want to try it.

The error I'm getting is in line 109, line 2 of the Utils.pm file. I looked at that file in an editor, and there is no "integer" definition on the equation on line 109, whereas there is such a definition on the two similar preceeding equations. Should I try to insert the change, and put the integer restriction on that equation too, to solve my "division by zero" error?

Here's the part of the code I'm talking about:
Code:
    if ($talScale == 8) {
        $newTal = int(($inTal+66)/33);
        $newTal = min(8, $newTal);
        $newTal = max(2, $newTal);
    }
    elsif ($talScale == 80) {
        my $factor = int(200/13);
        $newTal = int(($inTal+$factor-5)/$factor);
        $newTal = min(13, $newTal);
        $newTal = max(1, $newTal);
        $newTal = ($newTal*5)+15;
    }
    else {
        my $factor = 200/$talScale;
        $newTal = int(($inTal+$factor)/$factor);
        $newTal = min($talScale, $newTal);
I'm thinking that maybe changing my $factor = 200/$talScale; to my $factor = int(200/$talScale); might solve this?

I did experiment with changing the "rating" scale in the Administration settings to a numerical value instead of putting it at "scouting" and I still got the error.

What does the Development Tracker's command Generate links—Generates the development links in the player HTML pages do? I've executed this command, in order to set up the Development Tracker, but I can't tell what it does. The explanation seems to say that it inserts some kind of link on the player html report pages, but I ran the command and haven't seen any links appear on player pages.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #24
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Our league is running the All-star voting utility, and we can't see how to vote for pitchers.

Edit: I suppose that the ballot for pitchers' comes up after the ballot for batters is filled out and submitted.

Last edited by satchel; 08-27-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #25
satchel
Hall Of Famer

I've run our Development Tracker with "Ratings" activated, and it worked, but it's displaying both current ratings and talent ratings increases, and we're a talent-only league, so we want to see talent changes only, not ratings changes as well. Is there a way to see only talent ratings changes?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #26
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I've run our Development Tracker with "Ratings" activated, and it worked, but it's displaying both current ratings and talent ratings increases, and we're a talent-only league, so we want to see talent changes only, not ratings changes as well. Is there a way to see only talent ratings changes?
Sigh... no. Didn't think of that type of setup. I'll look into it.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #27
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Thanks very much! Contribution coming your way.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #28
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
I have been using the original Dev Rept forever, but I never got around to updating and putting in the rest of the mods. Finally, at kq76's urging, I did and they're great!

However, I have two issues:

1. The Ratings Report only shows 1 player no matter what sorting parameters or team (including FA's).

2. The Playoff Odds Report is picking 2 wild cards when we only have 1.

(using OOTP8 for now)
I fixed the ratings report (there was a stray "1" at the bottom of the Ratings.pm file).

Fixed the wild card issue by commenting out the 2nd wild card code.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams

Last edited by Solonor; 08-27-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #29
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:

Fixed the wild card issue by commenting out the 2nd wild card code.
Which file do I find this in?
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #30
etothep
Minors (Double A)

If I don't understand much of what the readme file says, should I just assume I shouldn't use this?

Or is there a sparknotes version of just what this does? Not big into all the technical jargon is all
etothep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #31
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Which file do I find this in?
LSAdmin.pm

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #32
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothep View Post
Or is there a sparknotes version of just what this does? Not big into all the technical jargon is all
Here's a link to my league's Getch's Utilities page. We have the Development Tracker turned off, it's usually available, too.

Those links at the top of the page, Allstar-Draft-Exports-Last Sim-Managers-Profile-Ratings, show the various tools included in the suite of Utilities.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #33
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
LSAdmin.pm
Thanks for the info. Which lines in there should I comment out?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #34
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Thanks for the info. Which lines in there should I comment out?
########### Find Second Wildcard Winners ###########
# if ($nDivs % 2 == 0) { #only do second wildcard if even number of divisions
# foreach $subleague (sort {$a <=> $b} (keys %subLeagues)) {
# $subLeagues{$subleague}->{WC2WINS} = 0;
# $subLeagues{$subleague}->{WC2WINNERS} = 0;
# foreach $team (sort {$teams{$b}->{SEASONWINS} <=> $teams{$a}->{SEASONWINS}} (keys %teams)) {
# if (($teams{$team}->{SUBLEAGUE} eq $subleague) && (($teams{$team}->{DIVWINNER} + $teams{$team}->{WC1WINNER}) != 1)) {
# if ($teams{$team}->{SEASONWINS} > $subLeagues{$subleague}->{WC2WINS}) {
# $subLeagues{$subleague}->{WC2WINS} = $teams{$team}->{SEASONWINS};
# }
# }
# }
# } #End of Wildcard Subleague loop
########### Find First Wildcard Winners ###########
# foreach $team (keys %teams) {
# if (($teams{$team}->{SEASONWINS} == $subLeagues{$teams{$team}->{SUBLEAGUE}}->{WC2WINS}) && (($teams{$team}->{DIVWINNER} + $teams{$team}->{WC1WINNER}) != 1)) {
# $teams{$team}->{WC2WINNER} = 1;
# $subLeagues{$teams{$team}->{SUBLEAGUE}}->{WC2WINNERS}++;
# }
# }
# foreach $team (keys %teams) {
# if ($teams{$team}->{WC2WINNER} == 1) {
# $teams{$team}->{WCTITLES} += 1 / $subLeagues{$teams{$team}->{SUBLEAGUE}}->{WC2WINNERS};
# $teams{$team}->{WC2WINNER} = 1 / $subLeagues{$teams{$team}->{SUBLEAGUE}}->{WC2WINNERS};
# }
# }
# } #End of second wildcard IF block

Old 09-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #35
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
a lot of code
Much thanks!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #36
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Hey Getch, is there any way that the draft utility can be used for an inaugural draft?
Old 09-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #37
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't remember seeing the Pythagenpat option, but I want to try it.

The error I'm getting is in line 109, line 2 of the Utils.pm file. I looked at that file in an editor, and there is no "integer" definition on the equation on line 109, whereas there is such a definition on the two similar preceeding equations. Should I try to insert the change, and put the integer restriction on that equation too, to solve my "division by zero" error?

Here's the part of the code I'm talking about:
Code:
    if ($talScale == 8) {
    }
    }
    else {
I'm thinking that maybe changing my $factor = 200/$talScale; to my $factor = int(200/$talScale); might solve this?

I did experiment with changing the "rating" scale in the Administration settings to a numerical value instead of putting it at "scouting" and I still got the error.

What does the Development Tracker's command Generate links—Generates the development links in the player HTML pages do? I've executed this command, in order to set up the Development Tracker, but I can't tell what it does. The explanation seems to say that it inserts some kind of link on the player html report pages, but I ran the command and haven't seen any links appear on player pages.
I presume you have the ratings or talent scale set to "Scouted". If you do this, then $talScale = 0 in the above equation, so the factor is divided by 0.

Add another elsif statement to handle that case as follows (this will hide the ratings/talents when set to "Scouted"):
Code:
    if ($talScale == 8) {
    }
    }
    elsif ($talScale == 0) {
        $newTal = 0;
    }
    else {
    }
I'm working on some other minor fixes to these utils as well. For example, the background appears gray because the background image is still referencing "si" in the image file name instead of "bnn", which was a switch made when OOTP parted ways with Sports Interactive.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #38
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I've created a patch for the OOTPOU utilities. I've tested this out on two of my own leagues, but there could still be some issues. If so, just let me know and I'll do my best to fix them.

OOTPOUpatch.zip
(A Readme file is included in the zip)

Enhancements:
1. Added pythagenpat option to Playoff Odds calculator.
2. Export tracker will now display league file date, with old team exports appearing in red text and new team exports appearing in blue text.

Fixes:
1. Playoff odds report now shows pythagorean losses instead of team losses, so Pyt.Rec column is correct.
2. Playoff odds report now correctly shows 1 wild card winner with odd number of divisions and 2 wild card winners with even number of divisions.
3. Background image and BNN logo image at bottom of reports now correctly appear (previously referenced SI images in the file names).
4. Fixed divide by zero error when using the "Scouted" option for ratings or talent scales. This option will now hide those ratings on the ratings page.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #39
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Enhancements:
2. Export tracker will now display league file date, with old team exports appearing in red text and new team exports appearing in blue text.
Just to clarify, new vs. old exports will be relative to the league file date. So if the commish, for some reason, re-uploads the league file, it's possible that a new export will appear as old relative to the new date.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #40
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Frank, thanks a ton for these fixes.

I had been looking for the Pythgenpat since it had been mentioned.