Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 02-12-2009, 04:38 AM   #1
blalock84
Minors (Single A)

Creating an International FA Like Real Life

Im currently obsessing over this idea on my own and really havent gone through all these threads to see if anyone one has done this, but essentially, i really, really wanna create a world in which there was a somewhat realistic amateur FA market.

I've been testing this and im wondering if any of y'all had any input as to how i could best do this. This is one part of the game that i really think OOTP is missing b/c this is such a huge thing in real life.
blalock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
attackemu
All Star Reserve

How are you going about it now? I might set the major league to be 0% or maybe 5% or something foreign in the game setup so that almost all draftees will be from the home country, then change the world database so that all the Latin American countries you want will have the highest ratings (by far) so that most created free agents will be from those countries. Then I'd create, in the FA screen, a whole load of young players (like, several hundred depending on the size of your league), which you should be able to do all at once. You should be able to set it so that they can't get drafted when you're doing that.

Can you create feeder leagues with no parent league? Is that possible? If so, it'd be easier just to make a feeder league with no parent league in each of the countries you want your international FA to come from and then they'll all be FA after they "graduate" or, in other words, when they're 16. Having that league would also allow you to scout them before they go pro.

-ihatenames
attackemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
blalock84
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackemu View Post
Can you create feeder leagues with no parent league? Is that possible? If so, it'd be easier just to make a feeder league with no parent league in each of the countries you want your international FA to come from and then they'll all be FA after they "graduate" or, in other words, when they're 16. Having that league would also allow you to scout them before they go pro.
Currently, i have created one master Carribean Amatuer lg ages 15-17 where the max age forces these players to be released from those teams into the FA market. The only problem i have is that if that lg is set as a Major League they ask for too much money coming out, otherwise its a pretty sweet set up if i get the atts right so that they arent just absolute studs at 17. Also, the development path is skewed, like these guys sometimes have very little room to improve at 18.

I've run through a ton of templates so far simming 3-5 seasons deep testing the different talent levels, and different types of set ups. I created a pretty massive HS system that feeds into this carribean lg to create even more depth to it, its actually a pretty interesting little lg as its a conglomarate of about 8 different countries and every team can only draw from their own country. But its definitely not perfect and i cant quite create the right mix of talented players and projectable players coming out of LA. Also, I'll never really be able to set it up so like it would really be (cant sign guys to minor lg contracts while also providing bonuses), but it does create a pretty cool dynamic to the game. Id love to delve deeper into this and fine tune it, maybe make into an online lg.

I think your thought about the feeder lgs is the one i've been thinking about doing, setting up a LG, creating a HS Feeder LG like i already have set up, and then deleting the Major LG it feeds to. I dont know if id have to mess with the Creation of the players in this HS lg to get the right kind of results, but it does seem like the most likely scenerio to present the results id want.

Anyways, i'll take any suggestions
Old 02-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
blalock84
Minors (Single A)

[quote=attackemu;2675487]How are you going about it now? I might set the major league to be 0% or maybe 5% or something foreign in the game setup so that almost all draftees will be from the home country[quote]

I've done this as well.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
attackemu
All Star Reserve

If the feeder league doesn't work, then I'm not sure. You could set that Latin American league you're using to be rookie level or short season a level, then turn the player creation modifiers up. That might provide better contract situations when they become FA. This is something that you should also mention in the threads about OOTP 10!

-ihatenames
attackemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #6
blalock84
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackemu View Post
If the feeder league doesn't work, then I'm not sure. You could set that Latin American league you're using to be rookie level or short season a level, then turn the player creation modifiers up. That might provide better contract situations when they become FA. This is something that you should also mention in the threads about OOTP 10!
yes very true. This is the one thing that i would like to see in the next edition for sure. Definitely a pretty big piece that is missing from creating a really really realistic world. Id also like to see minor league contracts with the option of bonuses.

Anyways, im still trying to figure this thing out, I've gone to trying to use just feeder leagues, but there are still several bugs. A couple of the feeder leagues wont fill up with players and every time i try to fill with created players they wont fill up. But i do think this is the best way to go because when they are done with HS they still have a alot of potential and arent studs yet. But this also makes it to easy to sign them, at least against CPU competition b/c i can just sign them for minor league contracts, this wouldnt be a problem with human players, but still.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
blalock84
Minors (Single A)

I actually finally created a universe where this idea started to really take shape and seem to work until it just started utterly crashing and no matter how i try to recreate it, it does not seem to want to take ...

It really was a pretty cool little universe. Really interesting developments. It was always fun to see the one random Dominican in the Japanese leagues too.

Anyways, i might have to create a very reduced version of this so it doesnt blow up in my face.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
blalock84
Minors (Single A)

ok, well, i think if i created an online league around this idea, i have finally found a really, really good way to make it work. Otherwise its really hard to make it in anyway realistic because generally in OOTP9, a really raw 17 yr old kid despite having a ton of potential is not worth any more than a free minor league deal. There is absolutely no economic risk involved with that, kind of a stupid problem with the engine, and more than anything I hope the new edition has minor league contracts with bonuses

Otherwise, I think i have gotten the attributes about right, and finally figured out how to create a very realistic set of Dominican, Venezuelan, Puerto Rican, and Mexican amatuers. If i had a full set of human players im fairly sure the best way to set it up would to have these players all drafted into an all Latin American League that does not allow foriegners at the age of 16. Allow financials in the LG, then also turn on TRADING with OTHER MAJOR LEAGUEs. Also, Disallow FA so that the only way these players could filter into the Majors would be by CASH trades (b/c the Major LEague would be set to have no foriegners created in it, therefore having no players that would be able to be traded back into the Latin American LG).

If in an online league setting, id more than likely be able to create a period as a commish in which human major league teams could pick up posted international players via some type of bidding system, then the highest bidders pick up would just be proccessed as a cash trade with the team in control of the player they wanted. Essentially, the cash sent to the foriegn teams would be like signing bonuses to bring these players into the Major League systems, and then you could just let these players develop in the minors and see what happens.

Ive already simmed way into the future allowing CPU teams to pick up these LA players up via FA after one year of them being drafted into the LA league i have set up (CPU teams dont often seem to want to make cash trades if i set it up like id want to set it up with all human players.) The way i created the players allows for good numbers of Latin American players into the Majors, but not a dominating numbers, I also have it set up so that there are more Dominican and Venezuelan guys in the Majors as it is in real life.