Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #1
rocketeer928
Minors (Single A)

Help: Leaderboards & pre-1901 Statistics

Several weeks ago I started a historical MLB league starting at 1901 using the Lahman database, and have played through 1970 so far. However, I have an issue with the statistical leaderboard that I hope someone can help me figure out and correct.

The first time I viewed the leaderboard at about 1920 I expected to see the statistical leaders from the time I started (i.e., 1901) and forward. What I see are some statistical leaders populated by players from pre-1901, likely from the database. For example, Hugh Duffy has the single season batting average record at .440, but that stat was accomplished prior to when I started the game at 1901, sometime in the late 1800s.

I only want stats for the years I have played and not for previous years (e.g., late 1800s). So I set about deleting players. I'll use Hugh Duffy as an example I what I tried.

I went into the Commish mode, went to Hugh Duffy's player profile, and removed him from the HOF and deleted him as a player. After doing so, I closed OOTP 2007 and then rebooted the program to reset everything. Once I had the program up and running again, I performed a Hugh Duffy search and he was nowhere to be found. Good, I thought. However, when I went back to the leaderboards there he was still with the single season record with .440 batting average. Ugh!

So how do I get rid of players that played prior to 1901 who have records within the leaderboard so that they no longer appear on the leaderboard? I want to see only players that played from 1901 and forward. I think I could restart at 1901 and erase all stats during the setup, but I'm not sure if that will work and I don't really want to start anew right now. I would rather continue with my current league.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #2
ctorg
Global Moderator

I don't think you can do it now. When you started your league, you should not have imported the league history and should have deleted all players' historical stats to give everyone a clean slate. At this point, I think you're stuck with them.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #3
N.J.F.M.
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketeer928 View Post
Several weeks ago I started a historical MLB league starting at 1901 using the Lahman database, and have played through 1970 so far. However, I have an issue with the statistical leaderboard that I hope someone can help me figure out and correct.

The first time I viewed the leaderboard at about 1920 I expected to see the statistical leaders from the time I started (i.e., 1901) and forward. What I see are some statistical leaders populated by players from pre-1901, likely from the database. For example, Hugh Duffy has the single season batting average record at .440, but that stat was accomplished prior to when I started the game at 1901, sometime in the late 1800s.

I only want stats for the years I have played and not for previous years (e.g., late 1800s). So I set about deleting players. I'll use Hugh Duffy as an example I what I tried.

I went into the Commish mode, went to Hugh Duffy's player profile, and removed him from the HOF and deleted him as a player. After doing so, I closed OOTP 2007 and then rebooted the program to reset everything. Once I had the program up and running again, I performed a Hugh Duffy search and he was nowhere to be found. Good, I thought. However, when I went back to the leaderboards there he was still with the single season record with .440 batting average. Ugh!

So how do I get rid of players that played prior to 1901 who have records within the leaderboard so that they no longer appear on the leaderboard? I want to see only players that played from 1901 and forward. I think I could restart at 1901 and erase all stats during the setup, but I'm not sure if that will work and I don't really want to start anew right now. I would rather continue with my current league.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
I believe you have to export the rosters, then delete the players from there, then re-import. Or the players might already be deleted, I don't remember. But when you re-import, the leaderboards should be fixed. This worked for me the other day.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:42 AM   #4
Powderguy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg View Post
I don't think you can do it now. When you started your league, you should not have imported the league history and should have deleted all players' historical stats to give everyone a clean slate. At this point, I think you're stuck with them.

This is what I also think.
Powderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

After erasing career stats so that you only have stats for players from 1901,
couldnt you also choose the erase league history function? I always do it before the draft and it works for me. The leaderboard is blank but if you want to keep the players stats i think you could just try erase league history and the leaderboard might still be blank but im not sure since i havent tried it that way.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Guess i was wrong. I thought i was able to keep the stats but erase the leaderboard for pre-1901 players but i guess i was wrong.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote