Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
BBALLisLFE
Minors (Single A)

logo designs

Hi,

I noticed people are willing to design original logos for people's leagues. Does this cost money?
BBALLisLFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

No, no one is going to charge you here to the best of my knowledge. Keep in mind that the ones that are original by folks like Cuss, Pepe, Stormin, LGO, etc. are harder to make and take more time.
knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
BBALLisLFE
Minors (Single A)

Excellent. Any logo designers willing to work with me to make logos for an Israeli league? I have a few ideas of my own, but I don't know how to design.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 05:58 PM   #4
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

I would just post them here at first. Post the ideas you have and any details you would like to see.
knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
BBALLisLFE
Minors (Single A)

Okay...here's somewhat of the idea I had. If anyone wishes to take this project up I'd appreciate it, or if you even have done something like this before and have models to show me from someone else's league...those might work too. I'm up for all ideas. Let me know if the links don't work for you that I have provided for some of my ideas. Thanks.

Israel Baseball League (this is hardly set in stone. I’d like to talk to whichever designer would be willing to do this and get their own thoughts on designing the logos with color schemes and all that stuff)

12 teams

National and Aliyah League (as opposed to American and National leagues -- can there be logos in the game for those?)

Teams:
1. Jerusalem Jews (logo = yarmulke with JJ )
2. Tel Aviv Haganah (logo = Palmach insignia: http://www.israelmilitary.com/produc...a05bc8a320db03 )
3. Beersheba Matzo (logo = Matzo w/ bite taken out of it and letters BM)
4. Haifa Exodus (logo = Exodus ‘47)
5. Ashdod Zionists (logo = Blue Star of David)
6. Netanya Mossad (logo = Bottle of green liquid with white skull & crossbones)
7. Dimona Phantoms = (logo = DP appearing to fly by real fast)
8. Jaffa Meshuganas (logo = Straight-jacket with small Star of David in left corner of shirt and JM in the middle)
9. Dead Sea Floaters (logo = Salt pillar with DSF written on it)
10. Sderot Sabras (logo = SS - preferably NOT like the Waffen SS…thanks!)
11. Golan Heights Airborne (logo = Parachute with GA)
12. Nazareth Olive Branches (logo = Olive Branch/Tree ex: http://www.israelmilitary.com/produc...a05bc8a320db03 )
Old 05-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

LOL on the Golan Heights Airborne.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:48 PM   #7
BBALLisLFE
Minors (Single A)

lol you like that, eh? Have to have some humor with this league. It's just for kicks when I don't feel like playing another league. What I'd like to do with this is get a name database full of Jewish names and also import all real Jewish MLers (past and present) into the league. For me it'd be fun to see how the real guys compare to the fake ones generated for the league. Since the new OOTP can do all kinds of stuff I'd eventually like to put my Israeli league into my real Major League season along with other countries. I need the Jewish names though. Are those pretty easy to create? I don't mind doing it myself if someone can provide some detail on how to make one of those name databases.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
BBALLisLFE
Minors (Single A)

Malleus Dei,

Since you're a Hall of Famer, I figure I'll ask you...do you know how to set up a name file? I'm not asking you to do one for me...just how to make one compatible with OOTP2006. Also, I see that no one is willing to work on my Israel league? What a shame. What if I promise not to have a security fence?

Thanks

Last edited by BBALLisLFE; 05-24-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #9
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBALLisLFE
Malleus Dei,

Since you're a Hall of Famer, I figure I'll ask you...do you know how to set up a name file? I'm not asking you to do one for me...just how to make one compatible with OOTP2006. Also, I see that no one is willing to work on my Israel league? What a shame. What if I promise not to have a security fence?

Thanks
MD is an expert at names databases...and several other things connected to OOTPB.

I don't know for sure, but it may be possible to select certain ethnic names in the new version.

battists and MD would know.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 05-24-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Malleus Dei,

Thanks
I like the security fence - I wish we had one - and the instructions on the file format and how to do what you want are in this thread:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=118873

Mal, a long-time friend of Israel

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:52 PM   #11
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Malleus Dei,

Thanks
Be patient when it comes to waiting for logos. There aren't a whole lot of designers and there are a lot of requests. That and I hear there's a new version of the game coming out soon (or something like that ) and they might just be doing their own thing for themselves (and who could blame them?).
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #12
BBALLisLFE
Minors (Single A)

Mal,

Thanks for the link. It looks a lot easier than I imagined. I noticed on it you had an Arab name list containing about 4 million names. Do you perhaps have an Israel and/or Jewish name list? Do you know if there's one similar already within the new OOTP? If not, when I finish my own name list do I have to send it to Battists asking for him to make it OOTP2006 compatible?

Thanks again

Oh yeah...not only do I wish we had a security fence sometimes too, but I also wish we had armored bulldozers as well.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #13
BBALLisLFE
Minors (Single A)

Can anybody answer any of my questions?

Mal? Where'd you go, buddy?