Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #101
dward1
All Star Reserve

great looking stuff so far just one hang up with the new select nations for player origin feature: it would be nice for a simple way for the default player origin to be copied over to amateur draft pool origin with one click instead of having to go all the way through it again
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #102
LloydLungs
Minors (Single A)

I echo the kudos for the new webcast screen -- this is going to save me about 5 million clicks for this version, especially for September games.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #103
slugga27
All Star Starter

Just had another "crash". Tried quitting the game, dialog box popped up and I tried clicking "yes" and it wouldn't respond. Had to force quit and I lost everything...This needs to be looked into. I was on the lineup screen, but I'm not sure what is causing it.
slugga27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #104
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksFan View Post
Would someone post the steps on how to manually import. Thanks.
Are you talking about the ballpark pics in the 2013 all in one mod??
I did the .prk files for it (They should be in the ballparks folder with the pics) and you can auto import those by going to any teams setup page and clicking the edit ballparks tab on the bottom right. On that screen click the Pictures and Coordinates tab on the top left. Click the import/export tab on the bottom right and choose Auto import all ballparks. Navigate to the Ballparks folder (everything should be grayed out. It's normal) just click ok. If all goes well, you should get a confirmation such as Successfully loaded 30 ballparks out of ?? or something like that.
This will only work for the 2013 all in one ballpark pics.

All other pics have to be manually loaded. Follow the above steps and stop at the pictures and coordinates page. Just below the top left tabs, you'll see Daytime picture and to the right you'll see a button next to ... Click it and navigate to the daytime pic you want to use.
Do the same for the night pic.
Repeat above for each and every team.
Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-12-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #105
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
Just had another "crash". Tried quitting the game, dialog box popped up and I tried clicking "yes" and it wouldn't respond. Had to force quit and I lost everything...This needs to be looked into. I was on the lineup screen, but I'm not sure what is causing it.
Can you post in the bug report thread here and then zip and send your league files as described here?
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #106
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

Very fast download, same with the all in one mod.

I really really like the pitching screen and the new options for setting up the bullpen. I like the idea of having more control over what the AI does with relievers in the game and making it easy to use. Great job.

I noticed that a few things have been moved around (not many) from OOTP13's interface. For me it made it easier to find how to switch to look at one team and then another.

I've imported our online league from OOTP12 and everything looks fine. However, the one thing that didn't transfer over was the online league settings (all the paths and ids for download and upload). I've not had success with this with previous updates either. It's not that big a deal to put them in again, but it would be nice if they came across.

I've noticed again in the all in one mod that the logos for teams in Chicago, NY, LA are missing the _(A)_ and _(N)_. You need to edit those in manually to get those logos to show up. Otherwise you get all logos except those which revert to generated ones.

The

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #107
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

A thought just occurred to me. Do I need to copy across the accounts data commish file into the settings directory to get those settings?

Edit : Yes, that did the trick!

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM

Last edited by CT-Sox-Fan; 04-12-2013 at 05:23 PM.
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #108
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Looks great so far. Good job! Have just 1 issue i'll place in the bug report thread, but i'll make mention of it here as well. Playing as the Detroit Tigers MLB 2013 start. I demoted Danny Worth to AAA but he still shows on my ML roster as a pinch runner and pinch hitter.

Love everything about the game as i go. Thanks again!!
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #109
OakDragon
Hall Of Famer

I loooooooooooooooooooove OOTP 14!

I go to create my first league… on opening day, with nobody out in the first inning, my team gives up a grand slam!!

Gee, thanks a lot, Markus! :P
OakDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #110
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Can you post in the bug report thread here and then zip and send your league files as described here?
I can't send any league files because there was no save actually created. It was a game I had just started and I was roughly ten games in. I never had any trouble with OOTP 13, so I find it hard to believe that it's something on my end...
Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #111
landru
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakDragon View Post
I loooooooooooooooooooove OOTP 14!

I go to create my first league… on opening day, with nobody out in the first inning, my team gives up a grand slam!!

Gee, thanks a lot, Markus! :P
HA! I converted my midseason OOTP13 league this morning and in the top of the first inning of the first game I play I give up back-to-back home runs. Markus was not a favorite of mine right then...
landru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #112
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Imported a league that I'm currently in the playoffs with. No issues whatsoever importing, fast and seamless.

Love the new "pitch to contact" option available when playing games. Home and away uniforms are displayed appropriately.

Game speed and performance has noticeably improved!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #113
YanksFan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Are you talking about the ballpark pics in the 2013 all in one mod??
I did the .prk files for it (They should be in the ballparks folder with the pics) and you can auto import those by going to any teams setup page and clicking the edit ballparks tab on the bottom right. On that screen click the Pictures and Coordinates tab on the top left. Click the import/export tab on the bottom right and choose Auto import all ballparks. Navigate to the Ballparks folder (everything should be grayed out. It's normal) just click ok. If all goes well, you should get a confirmation such as Successfully loaded 30 ballparks out of ?? or something like that.
This will only work for the 2013 all in one ballpark pics.

All other pics have to be manually loaded. Follow the above steps and stop at the pictures and coordinates page. Just below the top left tabs, you'll see Daytime picture and to the right you'll see a button next to ... Click it and navigate to the daytime pic you want to use.
Do the same for the night pic.
Repeat above for each and every team.
Hope this helps.

Excellent. Thanks
YanksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #114
Exodor
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Sometimes they wear their away uniform on the profile picture
/smacks head

Sure enough the away jersey was set to that ugly thing. I loaded from the files created by the AllInOne and now the game screen jerseys look all purty too

Thanks Markus!
Exodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #115
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Make that three crashes. Every time it has been doing something different.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #116
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Make that three crashes. Every time it has been doing something different.
What worries me is not the crash itself, or even the frequency, but the fact that, at least to the naked eye, there is no specific thing causing it within the game. I've had it crash twice, each at different points and screens within my game.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #117
brycec03
Bat Boy

Just downloaded, big thank you to all who are involved in creating a great game. OOTP is the only place my Mariners are able to attract free agent hitters!
brycec03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #118
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Being an old guy its really nice having enlarged fonts, thanks Marcus, you should be able to keep me buying for the next 10.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #119
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I can't send any league files because there was no save actually created. It was a game I had just started and I was roughly ten games in. I never had any trouble with OOTP 13, so I find it hard to believe that it's something on my end...
Whether it's something on your end or on OOTP's end Markus and Andreas will need a way to recreate it. Can you start a new league and save it, then get it to crash by doing the same thing again? Then send in the league files?

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-12-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #120
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Re: Post your OOTP 14 impressions here!

Quote:
What worries me is not the crash itself, or even the frequency, but the fact that, at least to the naked eye, there is no specific thing causing it within the game. I've had it crash twice, each at different points and screens within my game.
Hmm really wondering how . Y didn't it do it to use as we tested . I mean we had crashes at points but it was obvious the cause and was fixed long ago so makes me wonder y now what changed .what did u guys do like from the time u started ootp to the crash . This might help . Also if u can zip the .dat files and ftp them perhaps a root cause could be found . I think the ftp instructions are in this thread if I remember right

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans