Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Thelkin
Minors (Single A)

Slow starts, and other questions

I am running a historical sim, currently in 1922, and overall have done reasonably well. However, almost every year starts the same. I get behind on the wins, April is almost always a losing month, and it takes me 1-3 months to claw back to .500 and then i usually get close enough to drive for the pennant.

Am I running my spring training wrong? e.g, pitching staff, I take 8 SP to training give them equal time at the plate to see how they will go. Similar with position players. I go by contact/control to see who goes to ST. From that I whittle down to about 13-15 position players and the rest pitching. But then I spend the next 2 months trying to figure out a rotation that doesn't get blasted very week. My offense has been good, some good drafts (some with knowledge - Babe Ruth was a nice pick, and he got a pitcher of the year for me).

Currently my Starters ERA is 4.85, Bullpen 6.2 it is only offense that is keeping me in the hunt. I pick the SP by control, but adjust over the season by FIP/WHIP to see who is good on the mound. Is this a bad way to look at a rotation? Should I just pick the 4 guys, most likely to do well, and stick with them? Or can a chop & change rotation work out in the end?

Thought I had some of this figured out. but this season my good pitchers have gone dud, my prospects worse, and my bench warmers so-so... Any tips? Thanks
Thelkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

That is normal. Some April's I have started out of the gate winning and the next month not so good. For example, this year, 1912, every other month was a good one.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote