Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #4501
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Speaking of not-a-no-hitter-but-impressive, check out this game in Perfect OL by a non-OL team, the Fayetteville Woodpeckers (who are among the worst records in the league). Mort Cooper actually pitched 11 innings(!) of no-hit ball, and was finally pulled after letting up a single in the top of the 12th. His team won, but he didn't get the pitcher W. Insane.

I'm showing my age, but in 1959 Harvey Haddix pitched 12 perfect innings against the Braves, only to lose 1-0 in the 13th. The game actually ended on a Joe Adcock homer, but Hank Aaron thought the ball had bounced off the wall, and so he cut across the infield after the first run scored, causing Adcock to pass him on the bases, leaving the final at 1-0.

I believe Jim Maloney three times pitched no-hitters through the ninth, twice in one season. Also, when he finally got a no-hitter against Houston, Don Wilson no-hit the Reds in the very next game.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:31 PM   #4502
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

The Chase in S262

Gotta leave for band practice, but the chase for the crown looks like this through Sept 13th on the schedule:

Terra Incognita 47-29 .618
Las Vegas 34-24 .586
Asylum 43-32 .573
Rockin' 40-30 .571
Antique 45-34 .570
Everett 39-33 .542
Woodinville 39-34 .534
Old 08-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #4503
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

One Last Thing

I wish, when I check on Chris Short, I could see this, but still haven't figured a way to get pictures into PT. It is so easy to do in FHM. Hope they don't switch to the OOTP system for graphics.
Attached Images
Old 08-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #4504
adion
All Star Starter

Like to join

I current have a team in a pay league but want to start another team in a FTP league. I would like to join you league with a new team starting Monday 26 August.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:48 PM   #4505
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Sounds good. Just to make sure the rules are clear

1. Your new team has to be FTP - the only PP you can use are those you earn from playing. You can't have EVER purchased PP for the team that wants to be in the OL.
2. You cannot use any 2019 Live players or any variations thereof (no Future Legends, no POTM no 2019 All-Star Game cards). Your active roster should only be historical players (doesn't matter what your reserve roster has on it but I like to make all my 2019 players inactive so I don't even have to worry about accidentally activating an illegal player).

Assuming that's true (and since it's a new team I assume it would be), then welcome!

People will strongly suggest you don't create the team until Monday morning so you can spend a week in the Entry Pool, since that gives you a full week to earn PP in a pretty easy environment.

The week you spend in the Entry Pool you won't really be in the OL but it's a good foundation, and you'll get a lot of PP, so it's recommended to start out that way.

Once your team is ready to move up to Iron, you need to do the following (on the Saturday or Sunday before the new leagues form):

1. Post here with the name of your team and your manager name
2. Go to the OL friends list, located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...BNFnWty3o/edit. Find everyone who's at the level you're going to be in (I assume Iron). Friend those people. Set your league placement setting to "Use Friends List". Make sure to hit the Submit Team button after you do that.
3. Everyone in Iron will friend you back
4. Monday morning you'll be placed in the Iron OL.
5. Enjoy!

If you have any questions, feel free to post here.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #4506
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Sounds good. Just to make sure the rules are clear

1. Your new team has to be FTP - the only PP you can use are those you earn from playing. You can't have EVER purchased PP for the team that wants to be in the OL.
2. You cannot use any 2019 Live players or any variations thereof (no Future Legends, no POTM no 2019 All-Star Game cards). Your active roster should only be historical players (doesn't matter what your reserve roster has on it but I like to make all my 2019 players inactive so I don't even have to worry about accidentally activating an illegal player).

Assuming that's true (and since it's a new team I assume it would be), then welcome!

People will strongly suggest you don't create the team until Monday morning so you can spend a week in the Entry Pool, since that gives you a full week to earn PP in a pretty easy environment.

The week you spend in the Entry Pool you won't really be in the OL but it's a good foundation, and you'll get a lot of PP, so it's recommended to start out that way.

Once your team is ready to move up to Iron, you need to do the following (on the Saturday or Sunday before the new leagues form):

1. Post here with the name of your team and your manager name
2. Go to the OL friends list, located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...BNFnWty3o/edit. Find everyone who's at the level you're going to be in (I assume Iron). Friend those people. Set your league placement setting to "Use Friends List". Make sure to hit the Submit Team button after you do that.
3. Everyone in Iron will friend you back
4. Monday morning you'll be placed in the Iron OL.
5. Enjoy!

If you have any questions, feel free to post here.
What I don't understand is how to start a new team to enter your league. I currently have a team in a pay league but want to have one in a FTP league also. My understanding is that I can have up to 3 team under my OOTP20 license. However, I can't find a way to start up another team. I have looked through the forums and the manual and haven't found the process for doing it.. I understand, and like your card rules and will abide by them. How do I get a team in the league?

Thanks,
Alan
Old 08-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #4507
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
What I don't understand is how to start a new team to enter your league. I currently have a team in a pay league but want to have one in a FTP league also. My understanding is that I can have up to 3 team under my OOTP20 license. However, I can't find a way to start up another team. I have looked through the forums and the manual and haven't found the process for doing it.. I understand, and like your card rules and will abide by them. How do I get a team in the league?

Thanks,
Alan

Register with a new email address and name. There are lots of free emails to be had.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:26 PM   #4508
joehart
All Star Starter

Looking For "Friends" to join "Our League".

It is not the easiest process but essentially you go through the same process as your very first team:

1. Log out of team 1 and then click the “New user ? Register!” part under the area where you enter your user name.

2. Now you can select a new user name/password and enter a new E-mail address.
You can’t use the same e-mail twice so you may need to find a separate account (outlook/live, gmail, yahoo, or a more secure option like protonmail all work very well).

3. Once the OOTP account was created, activate it via the e-mail that you receive.

4. Now you should be able to log in with the new username and password and open the new packs for your new team.

As mentioned earlier, wait until Monday to open the packs and submit the team early Monday morning.
A team with a Monday start can easily outperform most of the other EL teams and get to a ..600 or even .700+ win percentage and lots of points for players.

5. If you want to maximize collecting points, change your ballpark and give yourself a little more offense & HRs.
Add cheap options like 3B Madlock/1B Wes Parker/RF Gwynn/Ichiro/Rod Carew and you will outperform most other teams.

Good luck with the new team.

Last edited by joehart; 08-24-2019 at 08:29 PM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #4509
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
It is not the easiest process but essentially you go through the same process as your very first team:

1. Log out of team 1 and then click the “New user ? Register!” part under the area where you enter your user name.

2. Now you can select a new user name/password and enter a new E-mail address.
You can’t use the same e-mail twice so you may need to find a separate account (outlook/live, gmail, yahoo, or a more secure option like protonmail all work very well).

3. Once the OOTP account was created, activate it via the e-mail that you receive.

4. Now you should be able to log in with the new username and password and open the new packs for your new team.

As mentioned earlier, wait until Monday to open the packs and submit the team early Monday morning.
A team with a Monday start can easily outperform most of the other EL teams and get to a ..600 or even .700+ win percentage and lots of points for players.

5. If you want to maximize collecting points, change your ballpark and give yourself a little more offense & HRs.
Add cheap options like 3B Madlock/1B Wes Parker/RF Gwynn/Ichiro/Rod Carew and you will outperform most other teams.

Good luck with the new team.
Thanks. I got logged in as you said but how do I know I am in your league? I have done nothing since logging except name my team.

Last edited by adion; 08-24-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:25 PM   #4510
joehart
All Star Starter

Wait until Monday to open your six starter packs.
After you log in, it should show you that you have 6 packs waiting for you.

After you opened all packs next Monday, you get placed into Entry League.
Then you have one week to enjoy Entry league before adding some teams to your Friends list.
Essentially, you go to the Friends list and search for "-OL" and "- OL" (space before the O).
This should show all the teams you want to add. At the beginning, add 20 teams from Iron/Bronze and maybe some from Silver league.

Also tell us your team name (sometimes next week) so all teams in Iron league can also add you to their Friends list.

On September 2nd (Monday), you should be placed into the Iron League with all the other "OL" teams.

Since the league has been going for many weeks already, there are just a few teams left in Iron league (maybe just 2-3).
As you move up to Bronze league or Silver league, you will run into a lot more OL teams.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:49 PM   #4511
Argonaut
All Star Starter

My Glavine won the Pitcher of the Month in June... July... and August. He racked up a 19-0 record and had a ~2.00 ERA in Perfect. In my hubris I was thinking about a perfect season for my ace.

Of course then he drops 4 straight games to fall to 19-4, and bumps his ERA up over 2.50. Forced mean reversion? Hopefully he gets it together in time for the wildcard game. It'll be against either the Fighting Chickens, Energizer Bunnies, or the Gauchos.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:19 AM   #4512
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Stephensville Bears will be returning to Iron -- again -- in 2041. After 4 straight 1st place finishes (followed by losing their playoff series), the Bears chose to avoid a disappointing playoff by having an altogether dismal season.

The last month of the season has been used to train players at different positions. If only we could take extra batting practice.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:27 AM   #4513
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

This picture very easily sums up Mudville's 2040 season.

Two year's in a row, of having top-notch players who have a obvious jinx, while being on my team however, if they are on other teams I play against, they are having All-Star/HOF seasons!

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 08-25-2019 at 01:31 AM.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #4514
Magus978
All Star Starter

Steelport may not get promoted this week (probably being a wildcard in their non-OL league)...but they will enter OL Bronze next week with a new weapon, having pulled peak Lefty Grove tonight!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:35 AM   #4515
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Cowboys Rustle Up Crown in Diamond OL

The Green Lake Cowboys rode an 11-6 record in September to catch up to and pass the competition and claim the Diamond League Crown for 2040. Congratulations to the Cowboys!

Non OL Playoffs
Six OL teams made the playoffs: Blitzkreig, Cincinnati, Green Lake, and Ha mpton Roads won divisions. Annandale, Seattle, and Pablo are all wild card entrants.

There's one guaranteed promotion to Perfect in the AC higher seeded backet - Blitzkreig will play the wildcard winner (Annandale or Seattle). The other three brackets all contain OL teams so we could end up with four promotions.

No team will be relegated from Diamond.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:37 AM   #4516
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Wait until Monday to open your six starter packs.
After you log in, it should show you that you have 6 packs waiting for you.

After you opened all packs next Monday, you get placed into Entry League.
Then you have one week to enjoy Entry league before adding some teams to your Friends list.
Essentially, you go to the Friends list and search for "-OL" and "- OL" (space before the O).
This should show all the teams you want to add. At the beginning, add 20 teams from Iron/Bronze and maybe some from Silver league.

Also tell us your team name (sometimes next week) so all teams in Iron league can also add you to their Friends list.

On September 2nd (Monday), you should be placed into the Iron League with all the other "OL" teams.

Since the league has been going for many weeks already, there are just a few teams left in Iron league (maybe just 2-3).
As you move up to Bronze league or Silver league, you will run into a lot more OL teams.
Now I understand! Thanks.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #4517
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Rustlers Hold off Robins to Reap OL S262 Crown

Terra Incognita held off Rockin' in a showdown at Moonlight Roundup Corral, taking two of three, to capture their first OL hardware after 20 seasons in the league. The Robins started the month by reelin', losing five of six, then rockin', winning 5 of seven, and rollin' into Terra Incognita with the chance to corral the crown. However, at the break of dawn on October 2nd, they had come up short. Sad Hill nearly climbed to the top of the mountain, bagging a 19-5 count, with Everett, 8-3, also making a late charge.

In that other league, The Robins also fell a game short of a division title to those same Rustlers. Success in the wild card game would give Rockin' another shot at Terra Incognita, whom they beat in the season series, 11-8.

Sadly, Salem's soiree in silver will end after one season. They will be the lone OL team relegated to bronze. At this point, either Arkham or Asylum are sure of promotion to gold.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 08-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #4518
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Green Lake Adds Fourth Crown

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 08-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #4519
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Rustlers End Two Decade Drought

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 08-25-2019, 09:59 AM   #4520
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Luckenbach Armadillos and the Harbour Town Falcons will be taking a sabbatical from OL. They are going to go slumming together in open Diamond. I have unfriended them with all OL teams including my other OL teams.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote