Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:10 AM   #4161
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze OL Standings through games played August 4th

Southside has jumped into the lead. Melaka who got off to a slow start has put themselves into contention with their OL record since mid June.

In B245 OL has the lead in 4 of the six divisions and currently has 2 of the 4 wildcard spots. Mudville off a 16-8 July has taken the lead in the NC East from the non OL team in LA. In the AC Central we have 4 OL teams separated by 5 games with Robins holding the lead by 2.5 over Scullytown, Wheatland is 4.5 back and Seattle 5. There are a lot of divisional games today so today is the day to make a move in the Central.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:56 AM   #4162
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Frankenthal Takes Top Spot in OL S296

Another month of fair-to-middling play by the leading teams gave the Retros the opening to grab the lead, going 9-7. Auckland, at 14-6, made the biggest jump, with Northborough, 9-5, and Philadelphia, 13-6, also posting good runs. The chase for the crown should be wide open as only about 10 games separate the teams from 1-to-16.

On the PT side, OL seems fairly certain to own all the playoff spots in the AC. With only six OL teams in the NC, and four of them in one division, only Frankenthal and Chi-Town seem like favorites for the post season. Daytona Beach is within striking distance in the East, and there are contenders for the wild card spots with Asylum, the Pickleballers, and Corinth within five games.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #4163
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Southern remains on top but Kaneohe closes the gap.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:40 AM   #4164
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Talking about the "all lefty" team concept - I had heard of the strategy but had never really paid attention to it. And in fact, none of my teams had done anything like that. However, I just switched my non-OL Washington team over to all lefties last season and they're doing pretty well in Perfect. It doesn't hurt that a number of the missions reward good left handed pitchers.

I'll have to pay more attention to how the other teams in my league are built.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:41 AM   #4165
Charlatan
All Star Starter

G338 Update

Rush back on top as Boppers stumble; Janesville coming up fast
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #4166
Edster007
All Star Starter

My poor Knights 12-22 in OL 43-30 vs rest. A fine welcome to gold level
Old 08-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #4167
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
My poor Knights 12-22 in OL 43-30 vs rest. A fine welcome to gold level
Dare I say they need to learn how to..... Boogie?
Old 08-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #4168
Argonaut
All Star Starter

General comment: Does Larry Walker really not have a Rockies card? I mean, I like the Expos as much as the next guy... but Larry was probably better with the Rockies, Coors or not. Including a big MVP year in 1997. When he gets into the Hall (hopefully he will), he'll probably wear a Rockies cap. Perfect Team definitely missing out here, as are Colorado fans who don't have much in the way of good cards to choose from.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #4169
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
General comment: Does Larry Walker really not have a Rockies card? I mean, I like the Expos as much as the next guy... but Larry was probably better with the Rockies, Coors or not. Including a big MVP year in 1997. When he gets into the Hall (hopefully he will), he'll probably wear a Rockies cap. Perfect Team definitely missing out here, as are Colorado fans who don't have much in the way of good cards to choose from.

He had a diamond card that was Rockies in 19. I have been waiting for this card to show up in 20 as well.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #4170
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Dare I say they need to learn how to..... Boogie?
It really speaks to the quality of the OL teams. I have the Knights sitting on a bunch of points and overall I'm not disappointed in the performance overall. While I have opened up the option to players who played in the 70's and not just 70's cards (I may have stretched that a few weeks ago when I won Raines at auction-he appeared in 6 games in 1979 as a PR never got an AB or played the field) the team is also at the point where the needs are specific so its taking time. It's easier to be patient now with a plan than to need so much and pigeon hole myself to 70's cards only.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:56 PM   #4171
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Talking about the "all lefty" team concept

Are you referring to a team being all lefty pitchers, all lefty batters, or both?
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:21 PM   #4172
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Iron league update:

Thanks to their recent acquisitions, O'Fallon is doing well in both OL play and in the general standings. Unfortunately, Stephensville is alone in the NC conference and has no inter-league games against OL competition, so only three of the OL teams will face off against each other during the regular season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-10-2019, 01:02 AM   #4173
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Are you referring to a team being all lefty pitchers, all lefty batters, or both?
Lefty batters. Specifically, lefty CON (and optionally lefty POW) turned all the way up, with righty batting all the way down.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:08 AM   #4174
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Holy cow!!
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:55 AM   #4175
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Auckland Stampedes into First in OL S287

Like a rogue pachyderm, the Athletics rampaged through August at 11-1 to take the helm in the chase for the crown. San Pedro, 16-6, Corinth, 10-4, and Sad Hill, 9-4, tried to keep pace.

In PT play, OL almost certainly will fill the AC bracket. In the NC, things are a bit tougher. Frankenthal and Chi-Town each have a leg up. Asylum, Corinth, and Daytona Beach are within striking distance of the second wild card spot. The Pickleballers have the only realistic shot at a division crown of those three. They are five back, but have a heavy schedule against the teams they need to pass. They have also been on a hot run of late... unless I just jinxed them.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:04 AM   #4176
Edster007
All Star Starter

Bronze Updates

Southside still holds the lead in OL play as we head to the stretch run. Redmond has jumped Melaka third place with Everett still in 2nd. None of the three teams go head to head with Southside so they are going to need some help. The Sluggers have 3 with Salem and 7 with Asheboro. Everett has 4 vs Scullytown and 3 with Salem, Redmond has 6 vs Melaka and 3 vs the Mets. While Melaka just has the 6 vs Redmond.

In Bronze play:

The AC East sees Everett holding onto a 5 game lead after a shaky August over non OL LaGrange with Salem who also had a rough August are 9 back

The Central sees the Robins Rockin a 2 game lead on Scullytown (these two meet 6 times late Sept/Oct) Seattle sits 6 GB and Wheatland who seemed poised to make a move went 11-17 in August to fall 10.5 games off the lead.

In the AC West despite leading the OL standings Southside is in 3rd place, the first place team Birmingham is tied with Redmond for the most wins.

In the NC East Mudville the only OL team in the division holds a 4.5 game lead over LA. The teams have a 4 game series in late September hopefully Mudville will have the Champagne iced ready for a celebration

Redmond is having a great season and is running away with the Central. However even at 11 games back people better keep their eyes on Melaka. They got off to a bad start in April but since then probably have the best record in the league.

In the West the Mets are starting to play better but it may be too little too late to catch West Michigan.

The AC Wild Cards are controlled by non OL teams but Southside, Salem and Scullytown (with a good finish) are within striking distance.

The NC Melaka is in the drivers seat and will likely clinch the WC home field. The Mets trail LA for the second spot by a 1 1/2 (The two do not play each other in Sept/Oct)

Good luck to all.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-10-2019, 09:23 AM   #4177
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Finally pulled the trigger at the AH. After sitting on PP for awhile, upgraded the Harlem staff with 100 Nolan Ryan. There is still a potential lineup upgrade coming as the Hatchets try to hold off the charging Syrups in the NC Central.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #4178
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Kaneohe takes advantage of a Southern stumble in August and takes over the lead in the OL standings.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #4179
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Finally pulled the trigger at the AH. After sitting on PP for awhile, upgraded the Harlem staff with 100 Nolan Ryan. There is still a potential lineup upgrade coming as the Hatchets try to hold off the charging Syrups in the NC Central.

you couldn't have waited one more game?
Attached Images
Old 08-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #4180
Charlatan
All Star Starter

@OMGPuppies: Those Cedeno PP for the Cycle... I'm a bit surprised you got multiple achievements for the event, because for things like shutouts you end up getting the "best" achievement instead of all the ones you qualify for.

I assume a "Natural" Cycle is getting the hits in the correct order... that's an amazing PP haul!