Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #141
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

Googling 'lat long [place]' should work.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #142
sirpugg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
Googling 'lat long [place]' should work.

but you need to DD version of the GPS co-ords (Decimal Degrees)

If you cant find them, if you give me the street & town where you want your stadium, I can probably find the co-ords for you

Last edited by sirpugg; 11-03-2018 at 04:25 PM.
sirpugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #143
jkdhoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So I'm a long time PC and of course recent Mobile gamer, with a lot of experience both with subscription based games and micro-transaction games. You're going to have a long term customer here, but my first impression is that the initial introduction to the game is extremely slow. One thing I notice with games that have a similar game play aspect is that you're able to play around in the game for a good solid couple of hours before hitting the "check back later when you have more resources" point.

This game is unique in the fact that you have progress made every 30 minutes, when each day advances. If you were to:

1 - Create an initial tutorial that steps a user through the game, offering Perfect Points/Standard Packs for each tutorial step they completed, thus engaging the customer with the play/reward aspect of the game and immersing them immediately in the interact-to-receive-rewards - particularly useful for the period of time when the user is waiting to join their first league

2 - Increase the initial Perfect Points received for the "First Homerun, First Win, First Walk, First Whatever" achievements. These are only earned once, and can give the user that initial feeling of reward and progress as they become familiar with the game. It will increase the number of cards the player earns and packs the player opens more quickly upon joining the game, and thus give a greater incentive for continuing to return.

3 - Get players opening pack after pack after pack! Even if that means creating more pack tiers in order to keep the ratio of perfect/diamond/gold cards where you want them. People *LOVE* opening packs. The more you can have people opening packs while still maintaining the ratio of high level cards to standard cards, the more you will keep people coming back for more.

I'm sure I'll have more thoughts as I continue to play, but thought I'd throw these out there. Such great potential and I love a lot of what you guys have in there already. I can also appreciate you have already incorporated an in-game cheat/inappropriate reporting system. That goes a long way in ensuring your customer base is aware you are dedicated to a fair and equal gaming experience.
jkdhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #144
discodude5
Major Leagues

I think perfect team looks good.
It feels a lot like other card collecting games, which I find boring but I'm sure some will like.

After just a few hours assembling a starting lineup of 65+ with a few 75+ it feels like after a while it will go from a fun mode of plugging in a 54 ovr ss with a few 70 ovr to where all teams will just be a bunch of 80+ players.
You will open several packs and get one player that is usable. Auction off an 85 ovr backup guy for pp to buy that 92 ovr #5 sp
Since there is no salary cap, injuries, unique to a league players,or card expiry after a month no one will even care about the 70 ovr card that was fun to get at the beginning.

Probably nothing that can be changed since I think all games like this are designed to create super teams and not realistic teams.
I hope it brings new people to ootp.
For me it's back to my fictional league in one of my favorite games ootp '19
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:00 PM   #145
cooperhh312
Bat Boy

Angry Won action but card doesn't appear

Won an action for 1983 Darrell Evans (for 1,100 PP), but card is nowhere in my inventory my account is coop312
cooperhh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #146
spartacus007
Minors (Triple A)

WOO!
My Bentonville Blue Bears are in 1st place in Gamma Ypsilon! I've been checking in all day. I'm really enjoying this new mode -- hoping to do at least half as well in the real game.

Historical Mode:
OOTP 24 (Challenge Mode)
⚾ 1901-19 Reds: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🏆🏆🏆🏆
FHM 10
🏒 1909-18 Wanderers: 🏆
🏒 1918-19: Arenas/St. Patricks: 🏆🏆
spartacus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #147
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Have to admit Markus, i wasn't sure about this idea of yours.
But after playing around with the Beta, i think you might have hit one OOTP!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #148
mpatt75
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discodude5 View Post
It feels a lot like other card collecting games, which I find boring but I'm sure some will like.

After just a few hours assembling a starting lineup of 65+ with a few 75+ it feels like after a while it will go from a fun mode of plugging in a 54 ovr ss with a few 70 ovr to where all teams will just be a bunch of 80+ players.
You will open several packs and get one player that is usable. Auction off an 85 ovr backup guy for pp to buy that 92 ovr #5 sp
Since there is no salary cap, injuries, unique to a league players,or card expiry after a month no one will even care about the 70 ovr card that was fun to get at the beginning.

Probably nothing that can be changed since I think all games like this are designed to create super teams and not realistic teams.
Good point. I am curious to see where this goes/ends up after the first month of play.
mpatt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:55 PM   #149
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhh312 View Post
Won an action for 1983 Darrell Evans (for 1,100 PP), but card is nowhere in my inventory my account is coop312
Check your inactive cards, it's probably there. Or else in your reserve roster.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:20 AM   #150
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

What will be the size of leagues (# of teams) in a regular league after this entry league completes? The entry league has too many teams in it and poorer teams get out of the race quicker with so many other teams ahead of them! And no hope of moving towards the top
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #151
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strzepeksc View Post
What will be the size of leagues (# of teams) in a regular league after this entry league completes? The entry league has too many teams in it and poorer teams get out of the race quicker with so many other teams ahead of them! And no hope of moving towards the top
Most will be 30 teams, MLB setup. A couple of leagues per level will likely be a bit less, depending on the total number of teams in that level.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #152
Slavchan
Bat Boy

How higher than max should I set stealing to player for him to at least attempt stealing?
Slavchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #153
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by discodude5 View Post

I agree with what you are saying, it's a lot of fun AT FIRST but once the buying points starts I can't see myself playing it since the people spending their money will get all the top cards then what's the sense?

There is potential to make this great and find it interesting season after season but they need to figure this out. Releasing this game with their present rules will eventually be a huge failure since boredom will set in.

I suggest they find ways to improve it. Just my opinion, I have played games "pay to win" and I quit them in a hurry.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #154
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I agree with what you are saying, it's a lot of fun AT FIRST but once the buying points starts I can't see myself playing it since the people spending their money will get all the top cards then what's the sense?

There is potential to make this great and find it interesting season after season but they need to figure this out. Releasing this game with their present rules will eventually be a huge failure since boredom will set in.
Wait until we start with the multi-level system and are a few seasons in, then you are always in a competitive environment where you can improve your team over time and rise through the ranks if you play it well and make smart moves.

Also, for OOTP 20 we will have tournaments with many different rule sets where you can enter with your Perfect Team. That will be a ton of fun, and we'll have plenty of tournaments for many different tastes.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #155
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Would be nice to see an option for "I never bought power points" leagues.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #156
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Would be nice to see an option for "I never bought power points" leagues.
I am pretty sure nobody in PT will ever buy "Power Points".
Old 11-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #157
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I am pretty sure nobody in PT will ever buy "Power Points".
Perfect Points! oops!
Old 11-04-2018, 12:34 PM   #158
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

I honestly believe there should be more opportunities to earn PP. You can win several games in a row by however many runs but net 0 PP from those games. Effectively making it pointless
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:51 PM   #159
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I’ve been playing PT for a while now. I haven’t had great luck, or good teams, but I think I’ve received enough payout to make things interesting. I don’t want it easier to rack up points. But that’s just my opinion.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #160
zrog2000
All Star Starter

In the league I'm in now, Mickey Rivers has a 48 game hitting streak in 48 games. (not my team)

Getting kind of excited about that, because of how rare that is in any league.