Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2005, 02:51 AM   #21
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

A couple of Australian featherweights from the era of Russell Sands.

Ken Wenman, 1945-55 who lost by DQ to Sands for New South Wales State FW title.

and Ray 'Mustard' Coleman (1944-55) who fought Wenman 5 times and also fought Elley Bennett several times.

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 04-18-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #22
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Exclamation Lots of 40s add-ons

Tiger fan and ConnChris;

About a year ago I posted a bunch of 1940s add-ons from my personal universe at CornerWork.com in the eight main weight classes. Also, Mark Moe's 1930s fighters (also posted there) include several that overlap into the 1940s that I added to my universe. Hope those will be helpful to you guys.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters, compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, philosopher and poet (1803-1882)

-----------------------------------
Currently operating 1970s SM-HW, 1940s, African, 1980s LW and women's boxing universes
vistaman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:55 PM   #23
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistaman44
Tiger fan and ConnChris;

About a year ago I posted a bunch of 1940s add-ons from my personal universe at CornerWork.com in the eight main weight classes. Also, Mark Moe's 1930s fighters (also posted there) include several that overlap into the 1940s that I added to my universe. Hope those will be helpful to you guys.
they definately were helpful for me. thank you.

I am just trying to add some bottom level guys into my universe so I can pad the records of young fighters as they make their way up the ladder.

Here is my next one, another Australian. (Somehow I got off track from the Canadians I was adding).

Bobby Sinn bantamweight 1950-61. Held both the Australian bantam and featherweight titles at various times. Also had a shot at the vacant British Commonwealth featherweight belt but lost on points to Peter Keenan. The image of him I found was, although rather poor, from that fight with Keenan.

Old 01-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #24
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

edit - Apparently board does not like spelling on his last name.

Here is one I tinkered with for a while trying to get just right. It was almost like he had two different careers. Hopefully these ratings can reflect his skills. If anyone has rated him prior to me or has some suggestion on how to improve my ratings it would go a long towards helping me get better at doing them.
Enjoy.

ROBERT TAKE****A 6(5)-6-0
Born on the island of Oahu, Hawaii in 1927, Take****a became the US AAU welterweight champion in 1946. His mannerisms and attitude were extremely cocky, or so it appeared to the fans, so people disliked him but came out in droves in hopes of seeing him get dumped.

He turned pro in June of 1946 with manager Sam Ichinose, who also managed Dado Marino. Take****a won his first pro fight by knockout and continued winning most of his fights by KO. He was proclaimed Hawaii's athlete of the year in January 1947. Ichinose took Take****a to Glasgow, Scotland to fight on the undercard of Marino's matchup with world flyweight champion Jackie Paterson but the fight never occurred as the British Boxing Board of Control refused to sanction the bout, allegedly because Paterson was overweight.

Take****a best fight was a 10 round defeat to the highly regarded Max Docusen before over 17,000 fans in Hawaii. Despite being badly outslugged and outboxed Take****a finally won over the Honolulu fans because of his game effort. However, controversy soon followed as their were questions when Take****a and Rudy Cruz met in 1949. Referee Walter Cho declared it no-contest when it appeared neither boxer was making a real effort to win. There was difficulty finding opponents after that although they did turn down a matchup with Art Aragon. When Take****a lost to Rudy Guitierrez in the latter's only pro fight his career was on a downslide it would never recover from. He returned to Hawaii and was ko'd twice by Phillip Kim in 1950. (from Journal of Combative Sport-Nov 1999)

Old 01-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #25
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

I enjoyed the write up Tiger Fan - thank you. The censoring bit is just too funny, especialy with some of the language that I have seen people use here.

By the way, have you heard anything about Uggy lately? I wonder if he will be able to make camp with this whole situation involving his mom unresolved.

Take care,

Christopher
Old 01-30-2005, 11:38 AM   #26
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS
By the way, have you heard anything about Uggy lately? I wonder if he will be able to make camp with this whole situation involving his mom unresolved.
Last I read was Urbina said he will be attending spring training whether it is resolved or not.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:06 AM   #27
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

3 more
Frankie Abrams WW from Detroit area 39(10)-22-6 from 1943-50
Eddie Halligan MW from Oakland 72(9)-27-31 from 1935-50
Cliff Hart WW from Syracuse 18(11)-8-2 from 1946-49

Old 09-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #28
bear
Global Moderator

bump

bear
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #29
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

All the photos in this thread prior to this post have been re-filed in the photos forum.

If you post a new photo here, please be sure to post a duplicate in the proper folder (by decade of debut) over there as well. This way, future and current board members will be able to more easily locate the photo that you made an effort to find and re-size.

Thank you!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->