Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #1
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Running the ball in FOF 8 and QB passing stats...

1. Does anyone who still plays FOF 7 or 8 have trouble running the ball when playing games? I'm playing as the Panthers w/ Christian McCaffrey and it seems like no matter what I try, strategy-wise, I can't seem to get any decent yards on the ground.

I mean, I'm not expecting monster numbers every time I play a game, but CMC has great ratings across the board and my O-line is pretty solid:

- Center has a run-block rating of 64
- RG has a run-block rating of 82
- RT has a run-block rating of 76

I'm in year 3 right now of my current league and out of 48 games CMC has played in, he's had 27 games where he averaged less than 2.7 yards per carry. 15 of those 27, he's averaged less than 2 yards per carry.

I've read the guides pretty thoroughly and I'm even setting my own game plans every single week, but nothing really works. Even sim stats seem to be too low. Since '16 in real life, 46 RB's have rushed for 1,000 or more yards in a season whereas in 3 years in my league, only 22 have done so.

2. Same thing w/ passing stats. Why are they so low? The most TD's I've seen a QB throw in a single season is 28 and in 3 years, only 5 total have thrown for more than 4,000 yards.

Since '16 alone, 44 QB's have thrown for at least 4,000 yards in real life... so what gives?

Is there currently a way to adjust sim stat output as you can in OOTP Baseball? It seems like the entire offensive system in the game is significantly hampered...
Old 03-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

We definitely haven't got your problem in the OSFL.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/osfl...tatistics.html

6 players with 1000+ rushing yards after 13 games played this season. Few more on their way to easily top that mark.

Are you giving your RB enough carries? The OL work as a unit. So if your other libemen are rubbish at RB they won't open holes and will allow defenders penetrate in the backfield. Maybe u need to gove him a different short of runs. Playbook tailored to your team strengths is very important. And a Premium OL is mandatory in FOF8.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2020, 09:03 AM   #3
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

CMC has 900+ rushing attempts through 3 years, but a career average of 3.2 yards per carry, so I'm definitely giving him enough touches.

And while my other two linemen aren't phenomenal at run-blocking, my LT has a 40 rating at Run-Block and my LG has a 42 rating.

I also know it's not my staffs scouting ability being way off because they all have ratings above 60 w/ 4 out of 5 staff members rated 75+ in that area.

And I am making sure I tailor my playbook/gameplan to my team's strengths and my coach's philosophy, but again, I don't necessarily think it's just me and my guys, though, as the entire league has deflated offensive numbers at nearly every position. When you go 3+ seasons and the highest number of TD's by a QB in a season is 28, something's off about it. I play solo league, exclusively, so it's not surprising that a MP league like the one you play in has somewhat realistic stats.

Last edited by bigd51; 03-14-2020 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #4
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51 View Post
CMC has 900+ rushing attempts through 3 years, but a career average of 3.2 yards per carry, so I'm definitely giving him enough touches.

And while my other two linemen aren't phenomenal at run-blocking, my LT has a 40 rating at Run-Block and my LG has a 42 rating.

I also know it's not my staffs scouting ability being way off because they all have ratings above 60 w/ 4 out of 5 staff members rated 75+ in that area.

And I am making sure I tailor my playbook/gameplan to my team's strengths and my coach's philosophy, but again, I don't necessarily think it's just me and my guys, though, as the entire league has deflated offensive numbers at nearly every position. When you go 3+ seasons and the highest number of TD's by a QB in a season is 28, something's off about it. I play solo league, exclusively, so it's not surprising that a MP league like the one you play in has somewhat realistic stats.
Well there is no changes in stats output between SP and MP.

40 and 42 RB is below average. So pretty much in all you have an average OL with a median in the high 50s. They will struggle opening holes for him. Also if you run a lot you will face lots of press coverage and 8-man boxes, difficult to run against that.

Is well known that the AI is pretty awful drafting and taking care of the rosters, so the longer you go the more similar will be the teams playing against you, and they are so bad that the stats will be off due to quality of rosters.

Regarding to your team feel free to send pictures of your gameplan and CMC bars, we should be able to help you to understand the ME.

I suggest you to join and MP league and enjoy the experience with other GMs is definitely a lot better than against the AI, which is just not good enough in this game.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:46 PM   #5
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

I am starting to notice how terrible the AI is w/ drafting/rosters...

I've seen the Giants take a RB at #5 despite having Barkley. I've seen 6 RB's drafted in the first round alone and 10 total taken in the first two rounds when most drafts since '16 have had 10-14 total taken in the entire draft. And I'm also seeing a lot of teams using top-5 picks on QB's and then not even playing them.

Really hope the AI management and personnel decisions get heavily worked on in FOF 9 because this is one of the many things I hated about the current state of Madden. It's basically the exact same issues; QB TD's are deflated, RB's struggle to get yards, terrible AI roster choices...

I honestly think I'd have fun in a MP league, but I like to play on my own time and can't guarantee I'd be able to stay on schedule w/ everyone else. But yeah... I'm going to mess around w/ the gameplans a little more and see if I can't work it out. Sucks that it won't make a difference for the AI, but FOF 9 will be out eventually, so I guess I'll just deal with it until then.

Preciate the tips. If I can't work it out, I'll post pics.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:54 PM   #6
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I am starting to notice how terrible the AI is w/ drafting/rosters...

I've seen the Giants take a RB at #5 despite having Barkley. I've seen 6 RB's drafted in the first round alone and 10 total taken in the first two rounds when most drafts since '16 have had 10-14 total taken in the entire draft. And I'm also seeing a lot of teams using top-5 picks on QB's and then not even playing them.

Really hope the AI management and personnel decisions get heavily worked on in FOF 9 because this is one of the many things I hated about the current state of Madden. It's basically the exact same issues; QB TD's are deflated, RB's struggle to get yards, terrible AI roster choices...

I honestly think I'd have fun in a MP league, but I like to play on my own time and can't guarantee I'd be able to stay on schedule w/ everyone else. But yeah... I'm going to mess around w/ the gameplans a little more and see if I can't work it out. Sucks that it won't make a difference for the AI, but FOF 9 will be out eventually, so I guess I'll just deal with it until then.

Preciate the tips. If I can't work it out, I'll post pics.
Sure happy to help.

Also the OSFL the league I Commish runs 3 times a week, one game per SIM, so plenty time to get your export in. But I appreciate what you are saying. Let me know if or when you want or are ready to get your feet wet in the MP environment.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #7
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the invite, man. I'll keep it in mind if I ever get the itch!
Old 03-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #8
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

WOW Utah DOMINATED then fell off the map …. what happened there ?
Old 03-14-2020, 05:20 PM   #9
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
WOW Utah DOMINATED then fell off the map …. what happened there ?
Aston left, lol.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #10
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I do not see year by year results for Utah either shame FOF doesn't do that or does it not allow for HTML reporting ?
Old 03-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #11
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I do not see year by year results for Utah either shame FOF doesn't do that or does it not allow for HTML reporting ?
That's the only eay unless u are in game. Switch the years and find Utah as you go

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/osfl...9schedule.html

They pretty much dominated before FOF8.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:44 PM   #12
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Aston left, lol.

12 straight Bowl appearances?! LOL Jesus, I bet every one of y'all during that 12 season run were like:

Old 03-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #13
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

it only gives standings for each season and I didn't see the player stats for his career either for I was curious. I nearly bought FOF8 but when I saw it doesn't do team stuff or detail or basic stuff like OOTP I shy away. Learned they working on FOF9 now supposedly and for OOTP too. like Yoda says I must learn patience LOL
Old 03-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #14
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
it only gives standings for each season and I didn't see the player stats for his career either for I was curious. I nearly bought FOF8 but when I saw it doesn't do team stuff or detail or basic stuff like OOTP I shy away. Learned they working on FOF9 now supposedly and for OOTP too. like Yoda says I must learn patience LOL
You have all of that info in game.

In the html if you click in Schedule, then in every year you will have it.

Old 03-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #15
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
12 straight Bowl appearances?! LOL Jesus, I bet every one of y'all during that 12 season run were like:

It was like that, yes lol

Old 03-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #16
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I was kinda hoping like team record all on one page not with schedule like OOTP does it. oh well but I did see Utah in a few seasons didn't have it easy either so they really were a pretty darn good team
Old 03-14-2020, 06:24 PM   #17
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I was kinda hoping like team record all on one page not with schedule like OOTP does it. oh well but I did see Utah in a few seasons didn't have it easy either so they really were a pretty darn good team
The GM was the best I ever know of.

Just found it. All in one. Lol.

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/osfl...3schedule.html

Old 03-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #18
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I saw that page that's just schedule results for each year for said team. Is close. thanks for trying