Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
Jeffield
Bat Boy

Financial help in Historical Starts and Game import question.

Hi everyone, ive purchased every game since ootp11 and this is my first post. So im trying to start a franchise with the Orioles... i know... i know.... why right? . Anyway if i try to start before they gave all of their good players away (ie. 2018) i cant figure out why the contracts arent right. It starts with Chris Davis in the minors with a minor league contract. And Manny Machado with a 25/mil a yr contract thru 2025. Granted this is what should have happened but its not correct and, it seems like the minors are always messed up/ missing players with a historical start (what do you guys think about historical minor league rosters?)
Ive also noticed my gulf coast league only has one player total... and theres a very small group of players under contract vs. The way a current season game begins

Then i tried to create a new game using ootp 19 and transfer it forward and i just dont see how to select the '19 game to transfsr forward to '20. Now, i havent played one single game in this '19 start but i did save it after creating it
Any help would be appreciated. I'm 53 , so im no computer genious but i can get around ok on pc's a bit.

Last edited by Jeffield; 11-08-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Jeffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffield View Post
Hi everyone, ive purchased every game since ootp11 and this is my first post. So im trying to start a franchise with the Orioles... i know... i know.... why right? . Anyway if i try to start before they gave all of their good players away (ie. 2018) i cant figure out why the contracts arent right. It starts with Chris Davis in the minors with a minor league contract. And Manny Machado with a 25/mil a yr contract thru 2025. Granted this is what should have happened but its not correct and, it seems like the minors are always messed up/ missing players with a historical start (what do you guys think about historical minor league rosters?)
Ive also noticed my gulf coast league only has one player total... and theres a very small group of players under contract vs. The way a current season game begins

Then i tried to create a new game using ootp 19 and transfer it forward and i just dont see how to select the '19 game to transfsr forward to '20. Now, i havent played one single game in this '19 start but i did save it after creating it
Any help would be appreciated. I'm 53 , so im no computer genious but i can get around ok on pc's a bit.
Not a representative of the company, and I don't pretend to know my way around the financials, but I think the financials are somewhat fictional, at the very least they are not down to the nearest penny of the players' real life deals. Chris Davis being in the minors isn't surprising to me. His ratings are probably through the floor bad, and based on this, the AI would decide he shouldn't be in the show.

Can't really offer much comment on the rest, as I'm really, really not experienced at all in those areas. I was just hoping to bump this thread, and provide whatever limited knowledge I could. This thread might work better/get more attention in the New to the Game? section. Can't hurt, and it might help.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
Jeffield
Bat Boy

Thanks for reaching out AJ. It is odd that there is no response to any of this. Davis signed that aweful deal prior to 2018 so. I would think that would be represented for example. Much as i like the game, the past season rosters and financials dont seem to be close to accurate so theyre kind of useless unless you just want to play one season/ not as a starting point for career mode.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffield View Post
Thanks for reaching out AJ. It is odd that there is no response to any of this. Davis signed that aweful deal prior to 2018 so. I would think that would be represented for example. Much as i like the game, the past season rosters and financials dont seem to be close to accurate so theyre kind of useless unless you just want to play one season/ not as a starting point for career mode.
Yeah. If you're able to look past them, it's OK, but I can see where it could really bother you if that's your thing. I play Random Debut, so I don't have to worry about it. Players are pretty much paid what they're worth based on their skill level, and relative to the season you're playing, and what the team budgets will allow.

The other thing with the financials is that while you're looking at how much the players should be being paid, you've also got to look at how much money is coming in for the owners. Above all, that, along with a player's skill level will determine who gets paid what. I doubt the crazy TV contracts, or MLBAM bonuses, or any other kind of real life revenue you can think of (tons and tons of streams make up that $10+ Billion that's coming in every year) can be 100% replicated in the game. Players can only take their fair share of the pie in your game, which I'd wager is significantly smaller than the RL one. Check out League > Reports & Info > Finances Report to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. It'll show Team Revenues, Budgets, Payrolls, the 25 highest paid players in the league, and an in depth financial breakdown by team etc, etc.

Because of this team budget thing, I strongly advise that you don't make every players salary the same as RL, because all the teams in your league will go bankrupt in no time. Just try to see it as some sort of a parallel baseball finances universe, and you should be OK. I know that can be difficult, and we all have our own areas that we're sticklers for absolute accuracy in, but financials are particularly tricky without the multiple RL revenue streams in the game.

Also, please try to be patient with people's responses. I know that's difficult too, but pretty much everyone here is just a Joe Schmoe forum guy like you and me, and some of us may not know the answers to the area of the game that you have questions about. Markus (lead developer) is on here a lot, along with Matt Arnold (one of the programmers?), Lukas Berger, Spritze etc, but most of them are volunteers, and the rest of us are just trying to pitch in where we can. With the crazy learning curve that the game presents, and the issues that you think should be simple, it can get quite frustrating at times. I doubt there's any such thing as a simple issue in a game with this much code, so try to keep that in mind.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:12 AM   #5
Jeffield
Bat Boy

Ok. Well i will decifer your well rhought out response more after thinking about it and rereading it some more.
The jist of the financials seems to be that if your start a new current game the financials and rosters will be right / or close. If you start in any year prior they wont be. Thats disappointing. Maybe i will do some sort of fictional league or just use the 2019/ horrible orioles. It does give me pause about continuing to pre-purchase every year as the historical teams are so incomplete. Even ones from just 1 yr. Prior.
They've had all of the financial information and complete minor league rosters for the "new current game" setup for ootp 1-19 and,, now that information is lost? Odd

One other thing that messes things up is the trade logic. Ive had it set to very hard and i took the orioles farm system from 28th to 10th in less than half a year. Not realistic! So as someone else said a house rule is needed here. His house rule was only allowing computer offered trades. Okay. I would have to do this too. So rating this game a 10 as some do? Nah. More like a fantastic effort and project that has some a.i. issues to consider. Ootp 20 =8 for me.

Last edited by Jeffield; 11-10-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #6
Jeffield
Bat Boy

We could really use some effort and resources being put into making the trade difficulty more realistic. This is very important to the core foundation of the game

Last edited by Jeffield; 12-11-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:00 AM   #7
frankgatti23
Minors (Double A)

I believe if you choose historical, the then contracts are not usually correct. I usually start in the 80s and I know the contracts are Phillies are close but usually off. My latest save I manually edited every player to the correct contract.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
frankgatti23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:54 AM   #8
Jeffield
Bat Boy

This is just disappointing for a game that gets such high reviews of being a gm simulation. The game has SO much good in it. I wish the hockey game had on ice animations similar to the quality of the baseball game. I also hope the upcoming nfl game will as well.

Last edited by Jeffield; 12-11-2019 at 08:56 AM.