Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 05-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Unsung Heros/Rare Cards

The closers in Unsung Heroes iron seem to be the rarest of them all....anyone else beleive this?

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Why yes they are. I have tried to collect them all and there are still a few I have left to procure.

The Iron CL are the most expensive. They tend to run you between 4000-12000 a pop. I got into a bidding war for Daryl Patterson that went up to 12780. Thankfully I lost. I was able to get him the following night for only (only) 7500 or so.

Not sure why I am paying north of 10K for a GD Iron Card and I don't even have an all Iron team lol... It was a distracted squirrel moment for sure.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #3
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
Why yes they are. I have tried to collect them all and there are still a few I have left to procure.

The Iron CL are the most expensive. They tend to run you between 4000-12000 a pop. I got into a bidding war for Daryl Patterson that went up to 12780. Thankfully I lost. I was able to get him the following night for only (only) 7500 or so.

Not sure why I am paying north of 10K for a GD Iron Card and I don't even have an all Iron team lol... It was a distracted squirrel moment for sure.

i waited on daryl patterson as i was in that bidding war as well and eventually paid 5600 yesterday

just need craig lefferts. last one left. never seen him on AH before.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
i waited on daryl patterson as i was in that bidding war as well and eventually paid 5600 yesterday

just need craig lefferts. last one left. never seen him on AH before.
I've never seen him either. Ghost.

I've been noticing far less and less new cards being listed every day. People are hoarding them now with missions coming up in the near future. Even common position players are being listed between 1000-5000.

I'm happy I only have a few to go. I never would have collected 1/4 of these cards at these prices...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:31 PM   #5
El Jeffe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Since I started watching for Iron Unsung Heroes, I've opened more than 200 packs and haven't got a single one.
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #6
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Yeah, I got a few of these in like the first week of playing...since then and through hundreds of packs have had none. I've had about 7 perfects and dozens of diamonds since my last iron unsung.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:58 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

There are 7 pages of these on the AH right now. The highest actual bid is 140pp.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #8
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
There are 7 pages of these on the AH right now. The highest actual bid is 140pp.

these are the absolute rarest cards in the game because people almost always auto sell below 60. they were already fairly rare but the auto sell factor makes them even more rare.

when collection missions require these cards they will be very very hard to obtain. I will price my cards at the same level as the highest priced diamond/gold card that is also required in the collection mission.

if there is an all-Iron tourney, these will be the most valuable cards to use in the tourney as historicals almost always outperform LIVE cards.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:37 PM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
these are the absolute rarest cards in the game because people almost always auto sell below 60. they were already fairly rare but the auto sell factor makes them even more rare.

when collection missions require these cards they will be very very hard to obtain. I will price my cards at the same level as the highest priced diamond/gold card that is also required in the collection mission.

if there is an all-Iron tourney, these will be the most valuable cards to use in the tourney as historicals almost always outperform LIVE cards.

My point was that none are being sold at these prices. Listed price means nothing.

Edit: As an example, right now there are 12 pages of these cards. Only the first page (sorted by card price asc.) has bids - highest bid on any card is 309pp.

Last edited by Orcin; 05-04-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:20 PM   #10
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
My point was that none are being sold at these prices. Listed price means nothing.
Apparently the statements above detailing how they payed these prices also mean nothing.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Maybe they way overpaid. Maybe that's the only cards ever sold at that price. Maybe they are trying to convince the rest of us to buy all those cards that they listed at those prices before someone else gets them. All I know is what I see. I clicked on a lot of these cards and did not find one with an avg price of more than 200-300pp.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #12
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Maybe they way overpaid. Maybe that's the only cards ever sold at that price. Maybe they are trying to convince the rest of us to buy all those cards that they listed at those prices before someone else gets them. All I know is what I see. I clicked on a lot of these cards and did not find one with an avg price of more than 200-300pp.
Is it not possible that the cards were BIN at a higher price when you weren't watching? All it takes is one buyer, and the cards are instantly off the AH without anyone getting notified or able to see unless you had the card on your watchlist.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:10 PM   #13
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Sure, but you would think that the averages would reflect these high sales eventually if they are happening with any frequency. Sort these cards by auction end time and you will see that they are all ending within minutes of each other. That indicates to me that they were all listed at the same time, likely by the same person.

EDIT: Just checked again... 12 pages, no bids over 500pp, checked a dozen cards at random and none had an average over 500pp.

Easy way to settle this... how about some screenshots of transactions showing the prices paid for these cards.

Last edited by Orcin; 05-04-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #14
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Look at the 53 Al Worthington currently on the market... 6,000 average all-time, 4,000 average past 7 days. Also the 48 Doug Sisk... 4,282 all-time, 4,550 past 7 days.

Name:  5cc6ce317411560501730110_2024-10-10_13-02-47.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  374.7 KB

Name:  5cc6ce317411560501730110_2024-10-10_13-04-18.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  382.1 KB

Last edited by atabakin; 05-05-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #15
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Ok, there's two out of how many? I have checked 50-75 so far and haven't found any others like those. But I concede that a couple of people overpaid.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #16
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
I've been noticing far less and less new cards being listed every day. People are hoarding them now with missions coming up in the near future. Even common position players are being listed between 1000-5000.
FYI... this is what I was referring to when I said that listed price means nothing.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:24 PM   #17
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ok, there's two out of how many? I have checked 50-75 so far and haven't found any others like those. But I concede that a couple of people overpaid.
My guess is that the statistically normal distribution of iron cards led some to be pulled much less frequently than others. In Monday's TWIPT they revealed the diamond cards that had been pulled the fewest number of times, so I think other card tiers would be similar.

So if one of the iron unsung heroes was only pulled a couple of times while others were pulled dozens, the collectors went nuts when those newer cards came on the market. Because the first purchases were overpays, the subsequent listings were also listed at the overpay prices.

Then some people saw these few cards going for thousands of PP and figured they'd list every iron unsung hero at overpay prices.

Last edited by atabakin; 05-05-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 06:21 PM   #18
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

The auction values listed on the cards are wrong.

I have paid 6000 for some of these cards and is not reflected in the AAV or the highest ever sale.

I have sold Jim Thorpe before for 1000 and 2000 PP and that is not reflected in the AAV or highest ever sale.

I know someone who sold Jose Lima for 7500 and for 4000. That is not reflected in the AAC or highest ever sale.

The cards are worth more than 100 imo.

We shall see when collections are announced.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:23 PM   #19
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The averages are really medians and exclude outliers. So one transaction won't move the average.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #20
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

I've profited over 50K on Unsung Irons. Unfortunately it's a few weeks back and doesn't show on my lists anymore. But, I dug up my record sale, shown below (bought it for 75 a few hours earlier). I've sold many cards for 1000+. Just because right now there isn't a buyer at that price doesn't mean no one will pay that much.
Attached Images

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 05-05-2019 at 08:31 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote