Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:51 PM   #1
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Crash

Ok during the public beta version I was able to run Modern 3D view just fine now after I go past the lineup screen OOTP crashes trying to enter the game in modern 3D view.
Attached Images

Last edited by hobbitrjw; 03-22-2018 at 09:17 PM.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #2
Warhawk
Major Leagues

I ran into a crash there when I was trying to fix another kind of crash, it's probably crashing trying to load the ballpark file, try going to settings -> troubleshooting -> force game data re-installation and see if it fixes the problem by reinstalling the ballpark files.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:45 AM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, please check if your parks are correct. If that is the case, we'll clean up the error to prevent the crash. If not, please try disabling audience animations and see if that helps, and let us know more about your system.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

It appears to have to do with the fact the save game was created in the beta version but when I made a new test league in the release version and was able to run 3D mode in it just fine. So it might be a issue with the save not being compatitble somehow.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:41 AM   #5
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Ok seriously need help,this crash has resurfaced,latest version,tried reinstalling the data files,making sure Audience animations are off. I even disabled facegen and nothing,nothing works. need help
Old 04-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
Ok seriously need help,this crash has resurfaced,latest version,tried reinstalling the data files,making sure Audience animations are off. I even disabled facegen and nothing,nothing works. need help
Have you tried all the suggestions in the first post here?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=286951

Give each of them a shot, but the most pertinent ones in your case would be:

If you are in windowed mode try switching to fullscreen mode.

Go to settings > troubleshooting > force game data re-installation and click that. Let the game do its thing. Then restart your game and try again.

Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If the game still crashes while playing out a game, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely. Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #7
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Have you tried all the suggestions in the first post here?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=286951

Give each of them a shot, but the most pertinent ones in your case would be:

If you are in windowed mode try switching to fullscreen mode.

Go to settings > troubleshooting > force game data re-installation and click that. Let the game do its thing. Then restart your game and try again.

Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If the game still crashes while playing out a game, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely. Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.
Tried all of these pertinent fixes and nothing works,.still the same crash.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:09 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

EDIT:

Never mind, gave you instructions for the wrong problem

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-18-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Can you answer whichever of these questions you haven't already in this thread and if possible generate and post the trace file ? Thanks!

Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)
It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #10
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Can you answer whichever of these questions you haven't already in this thread and if possible generate and post the trace file ? Thanks!

Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)
It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.
PC
Windows 10
Standalone game
Unsure how to find specs easily
Same message that ootp 19 has stopped working

Will send the league file then work on the tracefile for you

Edit: cant upload league file here says its a invalid file
Old 04-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #11
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

ok this is weird really weird,when i go to the debug folder after making the game crash the folder is empty.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
ok this is weird really weird,when i go to the debug folder after making the game crash the folder is empty.
Hmmm, not sure what to make of that unless you just didn't correctly activate trace mode.

Is this happening only in modern 3d mode, or does it happen when you try to play out games in any other modes as well?

Old 04-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #13
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

No I get a crash when I try classic 3D view too.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #14
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Any more ideas on this or is there anyone I can email the particular league file to? cause its not letting me upload it here.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #15
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Has anybody been able to figure this out? Would love to be able to continue my tournament but this crash is making the game unplayable.