Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 07-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
AtlCoach
Minors (Double A)

1980 FaceGen Pack?

I have started a new league with OOTP18 and am expanding in 88 then 93 then 98 to get to 32 teams. I am looking for 1980's face gen files. I am playing on a MacBook Pro and attempted to download the historical face gen from ootpmods.com but could not open the .tar file

Any thoughts or help getting the 80's and even 90's face gen files?

Thanks!!!!
AtlCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

I may be able to help

I was given a lot of facegens from a friend. I have one set that has 18,000+ fg files that are all dated in 2010, a larger set with files dated up to 2014, and a very large set with multiples of most players (probably many duplicates) that dates current. Of course I also have the OOTP18 facegens for current players.

I assume the 2010 set is not very good, the 2014 probably better and the largest file a combination of all plus any updates.

Depending on which batch of files you want me to go through, I could get all players from 1980 and then add the players that debut in years 1981-1999. The smaller files would not take long because they only have one fg per player. The larger file I would have to look at the files in SI Modeller and then select the best one for you and that may take a while.

This may be worth doing because I can save these in yearly folders and other may want them in the future. I would have every decade start with a folder with all players of that year and then each other year in the decade add the players that debuted that year. This would flush out retirees every 10 years to keep your fg files folder with fewer players. Just load the full decade folder when you league hits that year and then add the yearly debut records until you hit the next decade. You just need to delete all the previous decades files. This will limit the number of fg files in your fg_files folder.

If interested just let me know which batch you want me to collect the files from old-newer-newest (the first 2 options would not take long, but the last would take a bit longer due to comparing the files). I also have a set with fg files that are all 300kb. The images kind of look like the players, but lacks definition of the players physical traits. I don't think that once you load them in game that the size of the file matters, so this set would only be useful if you have space limitations on your hard drive.

Let me know and I may be able to start this soon. I kind of wanted to do something like this by decade for my own games.

James
Old 07-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
AtlCoach
Minors (Double A)

That would be AWESOME!!! Id take anything you can do!!!! Whatever is easier for you to put together would be fantastic
AtlCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:43 PM   #4
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlCoach View Post
That would be AWESOME!!! Id take anything you can do!!!! Whatever is easier for you to put together would be fantastic
I am a stickler for having the best. I think I will get the best image I have and put that in a set. I am off until Thursday so I will work on it and get back to you soon.

James
Old 07-31-2017, 06:19 PM   #5
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Just wanted to share this....

I have been going through the fg files in Modeller and had quite a chuckle with this. All three of my folders with facegen pretty much have the same files, some modifications but most are the same files. I found this and had quite a laugh. The top image is obviously my modified version, the lower image is what was in the file. Now this would almost be funny, but this file was from 2010 and no one noticed it or said anything about it.

I guess not too many actually use these images, I like these better than the actual photos and I like to have the option to change the uniform when a player is traded. This set will be quite different than what is currently in the versions out their now.

James
Attached Images
Old 07-31-2017, 06:59 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

You can download the historical image facegen pack from add ons central in gameand then have all FG from 1871-today.
here are a few that i have redone.
Baines classic, Baines modern, Lance Johnson, Tim raines & Don Zimmer as a MGR. Let me know if you want the fg file
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:56 AM   #7
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Example Facegens in jpg format

Here is a review of the first 20 facegens I have done. Look at them at the size they would be in game and let me know if this is what you are looking for. Some of the players will look weird without their hair and facial hair, but when compared to the photos in the photo pack look passable.

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 09-26-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #8
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Hey, is there anyway you would be able to share your facegen collection?
bjorgenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorgenson View Post
Hey, is there anyway you would be able to share your facegen collection?
The ones I make myself?

"Stay Strong"

Old 09-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
bjorgenson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
The ones I make myself?
Still digging around for a facegen pack - having trouble finding one to download for OOTP 15.
bjorgenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #11
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorgenson View Post
Still digging around for a facegen pack - having trouble finding one to download for OOTP 15.
I could zip my 18 FG folder it's 340MB unzipped. i could put it on Mediafire.
Here ya go. None oif my custom files are in here. It is updated as of ootp 18 I think.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r1kvd...j/fg_files.zip

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 09-27-2017 at 05:44 PM.