Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No assistant + can't make line up?

Hi everyone

I played EHM for at least 10 years of my life and I really wish to enjoy this game as much.

However, I've been playing FHM for 2 hours and I still don't understand the basic gameplay. For instance, how in the world do you add player to your line up? I do have 20 players dressed but I tried click and drag, I tried selecting them but nothing works...Moreover, I don't have any assistant to at least fill the lines.

I looked on youtube and the manual, but nothing explains the basic such as signing a RFA or making lines.

I'm not complaining, it's just surprising how lost I am playing this game.

Thanks!
Ben
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Do you play as GM Only? In that case it is not your job to make lines or change tactics.

Btw, there is an explanation on the different duties a GM or GM/Coach has on the popup where you select your type.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #3
skoch
Minors (Single A)

If we do play in just GM mode, do the lines automatically get filled before every game, and do they change/and are they intelligently developed by the computer HC? Also, if we don't like their performance can we fire them and replace them with someone else/can GM take over and become a GM/HC?
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
If we do play in just GM mode, do the lines automatically get filled before every game, and do they change/and are they intelligently developed by the computer HC? Also, if we don't like their performance can we fire them and replace them with someone else/can GM take over and become a GM/HC?
Yes, the HC will make them before each game. When you fire your HC, you become a GM/Coach (and vice versa, if you hire a HC, you become a GM Only).
Old 11-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #5
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great, thanks guys!
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #6
Blue&Gold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Yes, the HC will make them before each game. When you fire your HC, you become a GM/Coach (and vice versa, if you hire a HC, you become a GM Only).
This is interesting to me.. I noticed that once I select either GM & HC or GM only before starting my mode that I cannot change it once started.

So could this possibly be a workaround in the sense that if I choose GM only and then fire my HC and not fill that position that I will then be GM and head coach? If that makes any sense...
Blue&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Gold View Post
This is interesting to me.. I noticed that once I select either GM & HC or GM only before starting my mode that I cannot change it once started.

So could this possibly be a workaround in the sense that if I choose GM only and then fire my HC and not fill that position that I will then be GM and head coach? If that makes any sense...
Yeah, I think that's how it's supposed to work.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote