Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #41
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxlegnd35 View Post
hey dan i'm stuck on step 6, everytime i enter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10\ootp10.exe -unlicense" and hit apply an error message pops up and says the path is invalid. I've checked to make sure the path is right. I'm a newbie to vista and i'm stuck, any chance you can help me?
Sorry about the confusion - that line isn't too clear. Take out the quotes, and it should work fine.

Edit - to be extra clear, you should just be adding the -unlicense after the path that was already in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
Well ... To be fair, I am going to change the name to "DanSim Baseball"

- Shaun

Last edited by Dan Theman; 06-13-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #42
rannpb
Bat Boy

I'm trying to run the game in vista. The game loads up fine, but when I try to start/continue a league from the main screen, it loads to 100 percent and then crashes. I get a message from Windows saying "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly." It then forces me to close the program. Any suggestions?

I've already run through your steps.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #43
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure any of this would help, but here's what I would do to troubleshoot the issue:

More than likely, there's some program running in the background that's interfering with it. Some XP-based programs dealt with system resources in a somewhat different way than some Vista programs. While they're often individually fine, when combined together you can have a conflict. If it consistently happens at the same time, every time, then you may have a corrupted save. I'm not quite sure if you tried this from how you wrote that, but I would suggest trying to create a new league and seeing if that clears up the issue. As an aside, ALWAYS make a backup of your league as there is always the chance that something could go awry in a save file that can grow to as large as 5+ GB.

If that's not the case or if that fix doesn't work, then I would try to modify your services and startup routine as a troubleshooting method:

Open up your start menu (hit the Windows symbol on the bottom left), and type "msconfig" (without the quotes) in your search tab. When that program comes up, double-click on it and then hit continue when the permission pop-up occurs.

Next, you'll see five tabs at the top of your new window. Go to "services," and check "Hide all Microsoft Services." From this filtered list, click "disable all," but then go back and click on the entry for "LicCtrl Service" and put a check mark next to it to enable it (you need that for OOTP to realize you've got a licensed copy installed).

After that, head over to the "Startup" tab. Disable anything that's not essential on this tab (likely everything but Microsoft entries and your display adapter).

Go ahead and restart your PC after following these procedures, and try OOTP from there and see if it runs okay. If so then start adding in the services one-by-one each time you start up again until you run into a conflict. That will be your culprit, at which time you'll want to find an update/replacement for it.

Quote:

- Shaun

Last edited by Dan Theman; 06-15-2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #44
zeg723
Bat Boy

I've read through this thread looking for an answer. I made a thread in the support forum, but I think you may be able to supply me with an answer, not to mention I've come to enjoy your writing

Here is the question, Thanks for any help
Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #45
bigwiggle55
Bat Boy

Step 4.

Dan,

I completed everything from steps 1-3, than at step 4, when I try to install the game I get stopped in my tracks with: "a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Seems like there's a still a DEP issue I believe with my comp or something?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #46
palyak
Bat Boy

Same problem ... additonal info

I have been running ootp10 fine since it came out. Yesterday I noticed that an automatic microsoft update had been completed and the computer had to be restarted. When I tried to open a league in ootp 10 ... everything loaded but just when the game screen was about to open I receive the "program had to be closed" message. Another odd thing ... when I try to run the uninstall program I recieve a "uninstallation data missing" message.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #47
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rannpb View Post
I'm trying to run the game in vista. The game loads up fine, but when I try to start/continue a league from the main screen, it loads to 100 percent and then crashes. I get a message from Windows saying "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly." It then forces me to close the program. Any suggestions?

I've already run through your steps.
I am having the exact same problem...It's not a corrupted save because if I choose the option to start a new MLB game, I get the same problem- it loads to 100%- and then crashes. In th Vista event viewer I get this- the game worked perfectly for me up until last night, by the way:

Faulting application ootp10.exe, version 2.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4a3df877, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000122c7, process id 0xfdc, application start time 0x01c9f28c4df633bb.

And this as well:

Fault bucket 1330896167, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: None
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ootp10.exe
P2: 2.0.0.0
P3: 4a3df877
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 6.0.6001.18000
P6: 4791a7a6
P7: c0000005
P8: 000122c7
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WER42E9.tmp.vers ion.txt

These files may be available here:

Last edited by NomarHits400; 06-21-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #48
nzarter99
Bat Boy

I'm having the same problem as BigWiggle55. I'm stuck on step 4 and can't install. I have done everything everyone has talked about in this forum. Last night I installed service pack 2 for Vista. I have updated all drivers that I can find. Do I have to wave goodbye to OOTP?!?!?!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #49
palyak
Bat Boy

??????

Doesn't look like we are going to get much help fellas
Old 06-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #50
rannpb
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by palyak View Post
I have been running ootp10 fine since it came out. Yesterday I noticed that an automatic microsoft update had been completed and the computer had to be restarted. When I tried to open a league in ootp 10 ... everything loaded but just when the game screen was about to open I receive the "program had to be closed" message. Another odd thing ... when I try to run the uninstall program I recieve a "uninstallation data missing" message.
For everybody having this problem, I think I fixed it. Disclaimer: I know nothing about computers. All I did was totally remove the game from my computer. I uninstalled the game the normal way, then I typed "ootp" into the search bar (from the windows start button). I then manually went through and got rid of every file that came up. Note that you have to find all the folders that come up and get rid of them all. Apparently the uninstall does not actually get rid of all the game files. I then reinstalled the game and it worked.

Hope this works for you guys.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #51
modesto61ca
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Everything works well for me, but when I autoplay, it takes FOREVER, and 99% of the time the program will "Not respond" for about five minutes at a time. Any one have an idea of how to fix this?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:37 AM   #52
sosasoser
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok, seriously this is ridiculous. After enduring incredibly long download times for this game...it doesn't work automatically with Vista. PISS POOR PROGRAMMING! I have been an OOTP user having bought every version for years, but this is absurd. Vista comes standard on most new computers capable of even running OOTP. For the developers to not bother making the game compatible with Vista without the end user having to take extra measures to get it to work, is absurd. Seriously? Why is there not a patch for these issues by now? PISS POOR PROGRAMMING.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #53
KGrob
Minors (Double A)

I upgraded to Vista 64 bit from Windos XP on my good machine so I could take advantage of more RAM.

Still had the folders and stuff after the upgrade. Couldn't start the game. It asked me for the license.

I tried to uninstall the game on my other computer but I can't uninstall the game over there either.

In another thread, I found a reference to an "elicense" screen in Windows Control Panel but I don't have anything like that on either computer.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #54
KGrob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by modesto61ca View Post
Everything works well for me, but when I autoplay, it takes FOREVER, and 99% of the time the program will "Not respond" for about five minutes at a time. Any one have an idea of how to fix this?
If you have a multi-core machine, you might try shutting down all but one core...or maybe two cores if you have more than 2 cores.

Some games actually run better on some multi-core machines if you reduce the number of cores you are using.

Just FYI.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #55
niremetal
Bat Boy

Dan,

Should we do the same thing ("Run in compatibility mode," etc) for patches?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #56
rincewindw
Bat Boy

Having a problem

After playing for a season and a half I tried to open the game but it quit at the 'loading database' and I can't get it to open. I will be very sad if I can't continue my game.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #57
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

Sorry guys, I've been travelling a bit and haven't had the opportunity to respond:

KGrob: it sounds like you need to go through the "unlicense" trick to get it to show up. Also, in many cases you're right about multi-processors. Thankfully they're compatible with OOTPX.

niremetal: yes, I would suggest running the patches as an admin. However, you shouldn't need to make any more exceptions for those - the exception stays put, so as long as OOTP doesn't change the name or location of its .exe file (which it won't, you'd have to do that manually), you should be fine. If you do decide to relocate OOTP to another location or hard drive, you'll want to set up the exceptions again.

rincewindw: I hate to say it, but that sounds like bad news for your save. I would run an integrity check on your drive, and check off the scan for bad sectors/automatically attempt to recover button when you do that. I'll be up front and say the chances are that won't help, but it's worth a shot (it will also require a restart and take a good, long while so do it while a game is on TV or something like that).

That unfortunately highlights another issue that's independent of Vista: the need to back up leagues for this game - any memory or hard drive issues that you have can cause a league to become corrupted, and those can be caused from anything involving physical hardware errors to power supply irregularities (in other words, they're bound to happen to many of us from time to time). My take is that this is a little different from most other games, where the saved games have MUCH smaller digital footprints and are therefore far less likely to encounter those types of errors. While crash recovery can be built into games, there's sadly nothing that can really be done to prevent write errors from within OOTP to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:

- Shaun
Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 AM   #58
J.HenryWaugh
Minors (Double A)

Unhappy game runs fine, backup doesn't

Game runs quite well, and seems to simulate much faster than previous versions. But while everything worked on my old laptop with XP, this new Vista-equipped laptop has problems with backing up the league.

I have tried backing up to both my laptop's hard drive and to a USB external hard drive with the same result. The game hangs. The good news with the external HDD, if I unplug it, it tells me the backup failed. But when trying to back up to my PC's drive, it quit responding.

This has me worried, as I have had the game or PC crash many times over the years, which has often corrupted my league. Without this backup, this leaves me concerned everytime I fire up my league, wondering when, not if, it's all gonna come crashing down, with no way to restore the hard work I have put into creating this league in the first place.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #59
rocktober
Bat Boy

Thumbs down Not working on my machine

Im running: Vista Home premium, SP 2, 64bt, Ram 4.0 gb, 2.00GHz on a HP Pav dv7

I have done everything that was listed in here and get the same results time after time...

i double click on icon it says OOTB has stopped working blah blah blah... then says: a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.....

NOt sure wat to do... And if i cant get it working am i able to get my money back??? This is driving me crazy it shouldnt be this HARD to install a game on a vista machine.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #60
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

J.HenryWaugh - check to see if your saves are in a custom folder or in the default folder. If it's a custom, I *believe* you need to actually name it "saved_games" for the in-game backup to work (I heard this workaround for someone else who ran into a similar situation). Alternately, I've heard if you manually point it at the default location (where it's at now) that has worked for someone else. It's a bit of a mystery to me why that happens to a few people. One grandmaster, 100% effective workaround is that you can also just manually back them up by alt-tabbing and then copying your saved game folder to a backup location of your choice. Copy & paste ftw.

rocktober - That sounds like a DEP error. I would unlicense (if you got that far), unintstall, and follow the guide I laid out on page two. It's a long guide because I go into a deeper explanation of things, but the process is fairly quick. The game runs fine in Vista (both 32- and 64-bit) as long as you get all your t's dotted and your eyes crossed . That *should* work for you, but in case you're still in need of a refund, any such request is handled on a case-by-case basis by email or pm to the devs.

Quote:

- Shaun

Last edited by Dan Theman; 09-08-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Closed Thread