Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:52 AM   #1
CLEBearcat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Problems with Game After MacOS Mojave Update

Hi all!

I submitted a report but figured it'd be best to address this here too to see if this is a common theme.

I've been experiencing frequent crashes with the game seemingly at random points ever since updating to the new MacOS. The game has crashed with no warning at several different points of the seasons (especially when generating something such as season predictions or baseball cards. I've tried multiple games and found that it is a recurring problem.

For reference I play the version of the game purchased from eSellerate, and I'm playing on a 2018 MacBook Pro. I don't utilize the 3D portions of the game (I prefer the GM management rather than manger gameplay) so it's not likely to be an issue with that.

Has anyone else had issues with crashes since the MacOS update? Any help the community or developers can provide is very much appreciated!
CLEBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
Blackeye
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I haven't upgraded to OS Mojave yet but read that applications have to be 64 bit Intel or they either won't run at all or very poorly. I'm still playing OOTP 16 and it is only 32 bit Intel.

I guess you are playing OOTP 19? I thought I would have to upgrade to 19, but if it is also only running 32 bit Intel then there is no point.

Last edited by Blackeye; 10-06-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Blackeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
txstrangers
Bat Boy

Also experiencing crashes since MacOS Mojave Update

I'd like to second the comments of the original post.

Playing the Steam version of OOTP 19 on a 2013 iMac and never experienced any significant problems with gameplay until now. I've also submitted a bug report.

I first noticed an issue after creating a new standard league. All would be fine for the first two weeks of March, but then the game would consistently crash during creation of pre-season predictions.

I then loaded an existing save that I'm about seven years into and was able to play problem free for most of the off-season (from arbitration hearings until February). I tried to sim through the pre-season to spring training and then the game would suddenly crash.
txstrangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:09 PM   #4
jdawe
Bat Boy

I'm having the same problem as the original poster. 2016 MacBook Pro with Mojave. I'm currently unable to move from spring training to the regular season since the game now consistently crashes at this point, after crashing seemingly randomly at other points.
jdawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:02 PM   #5
Blackeye
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I still would like to know, is OOTP 32 bit or 64? And are there any people who have upgraded to Mojave and OOTP 19 runs with no issues?
Old 10-07-2018, 01:14 PM   #6
CLEBearcat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeye View Post
I still would like to know, is OOTP 32 bit or 64? And are there any people who have upgraded to Mojave and OOTP 19 runs with no issues?
As far as I understand it, OOTP 19 is 64 bit on Mac so I don't believe that is the issue. Interesting to see other reports of the same bug I've seen. Hopefully the OOTP team get to the bottom of this one soon.
CLEBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #7
tom_burr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thus far, my only issue is that OOTP 19 loads much slower than before.
tom_burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:28 PM   #8
phenom
Hall Of Famer

Also having problems since upgrading to Mojave. 2017 MBP. I haven't submitted a report yet but will as soon as I can.

Crashes new league almost immediately.

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Hey guys!

We're looking into what might be going here, but it would be a big help if we can we some Mac crash reports from anyone on Mojave who's running into crashes or decreased stability.

Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote