Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
howyadoin6102
Bat Boy

Unable to Start Playing

I just spent $40 on this program but can't even get to start a game. On a Mac, I downloaded and installed the game but get a message "Unable to load world template file (invalid file format). Please re-install OOTP." I look in the game file and the "world_templates" folder is empty. I've re-started and re-downloaded/re-installed the program multiple times with no results. Would appreciate any help if anyone had a similar issue or knows how I can properly download/install.
howyadoin6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
zuty
Minors (Double A)

I have just experienced the exact same thing. (Posting to hopefully raise awareness of the issue toward a faster solution!)
zuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
zuty
Minors (Double A)

Hello (again) —*I have solved this for myself, and perhaps this will work for you.

Launch the game. Go to Settings -> Troubleshooting, and click "Force game data re-installation"

For me, this repopulated the data in the game, and the templates were now there.

However —*a dev should take note of this, and patch it so this doesn't happen to more users!
zuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
jaidensm
Bat Boy

Same thing happening to me. I get that message, click okay, and the game starts loading. But instead of going to the game home page I get this message on the loading page:
"TEMPLATES_ENGINE;;load_template_file - cannot open templates folder"
And i can't close this message so I can't get to the setting page so I'm stuck.
jaidensm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #5
jdw31158
Minors (Double A)

Same thing here. I bought it March 23rd and have yet to get it to work. Have tried all suggestions and no luck. I've given up on it and bought another baseball management sim that actually works. Still check the forums from time to time to see if a solution has been found. Maybe I'll try again next year when OOTP 20 comes out.
jdw31158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:47 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuty View Post
Hello (again) —*I have solved this for myself, and perhaps this will work for you.

Launch the game. Go to Settings -> Troubleshooting, and click "Force game data re-installation"

For me, this repopulated the data in the game, and the templates were now there.

However —*a dev should take note of this, and patch it so this doesn't happen to more users!
Unfortunately this isn't something we can patch, as it only happens when the game doesn't correctly install on a user's system, which is typically due to system specific causes beyond our control

We are trying to figure out if there's anything more we can do to keep this from happening in the future, but it's not an easy thing to fix as there are a lot of reasons an install could fail to complete properly.

Another step that can help in this situation is as follows:

Open the game settings dialog on main screen -> troubleshooting tab -> "open customizable data folder" -> navigate to database folder -> delete the entire database folder

Then restart your computer and try reinstalling the game again.

That should do the trick. If not, let me know!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 05-15-2018 at 06:50 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote