Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:51 AM   #21
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

I can confirm that after the hotfix today, the fatigue issue is still there....with pinch hitting during an off-day makes them need another off day.
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:57 AM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The code is the same now as in OOTP 18, when a player only gets a PH appearance and does not play the field it counts as one full day of rest. If he does play the field, the number of innings played will be used in fatigue calculation and the player will not fully recover. I'll have a look at that again next week and run my own tests again. Yesterday after the hotfix I did not run into any issues.

Edit: Ran some tests, and indeed this still occasionally happens. It is rare, I had it just happen twice to players during a full season so it is not a big issue, but still I'll fix this for the next patch.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-13-2018 at 03:16 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #23
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Regardless of how the AI treats this situation, it is not realistic for a pinch-hitting appearance to have the same affect on fatigue that playing an entire game does. If a player is not in the starting lineup because he needs a rest, but does pinch hit, he should still recover somewhat. Maybe not completely, but his fatigue percentage should go up, not down. Even if he legs out a triple, then sprints home on a sac fly, he's getting a lot of recovery time the rest of the day, so his fatigue percentage should still improve some.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #24
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The code is the same now as in OOTP 18, when a player only gets a PH appearance and does not play the field it counts as one full day of rest. If he does play the field, the number of innings played will be used in fatigue calculation and the player will not fully recover. I'll have a look at that again next week and run my own tests again. Yesterday after the hotfix I did not run into any issues.

Edit: Ran some tests, and indeed this still occasionally happens. It is rare, I had it just happen twice to players during a full season so it is not a big issue, but still I'll fix this for the next patch.
It's happened to me quite a few times in my fictional league over a 7 day period in game time. The best players keep missing days because they will be slightly tired say at 85% then instead of getting a day of rest and being back at 100% the next game, they are getting a pinch hit which puts their fatigue percentage at something like 82% which would be fine if when you got to the next day they were fully recovered, but now they are once again sat out by the AI due to fatigue and if they pinch hit again it happens all over again.
Attached Images

Last edited by krownroyal83; 04-13-2018 at 04:04 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #25
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Regardless of how the AI treats this situation, it is not realistic for a pinch-hitting appearance to have the same affect on fatigue that playing an entire game does. If a player is not in the starting lineup because he needs a rest, but does pinch hit, he should still recover somewhat. Maybe not completely, but his fatigue percentage should go up, not down. Even if he legs out a triple, then sprints home on a sac fly, he's getting a lot of recovery time the rest of the day, so his fatigue percentage should still improve some.
Right, and that is the way it is supposed to work in v19 and did in v18 and a few versions ahead of that. Markus states he thought it was fixed but still found limited occurrences that will be fixed in the next patch.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #26
Reggie
Major Leagues

Don't know if this belongs here or needs a different thread. But I have players on CP run teams that are at 0% and exhausted who continue to play every inning of every game.When I go to their line up screen the AI has nobody assigned as a scheduled replacement or for fatigue. I manually put someone in that role and the very next game he replaced the fatigued player.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote