Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
slugga27
All Star Starter

AI using depth charts even when depth charts have been cleared

Noticing this with the standard game...

Using the Red Sox (and, I assume, the team really doesn't matter), Sandy Leon, who I don't have in any of my lineups and I am not using 7-day or custom lineups, gets auto-inserted into my lineup for the fourth game of the season. I always clear my depth charts when I create a new file, because I want to be sure I am making all lineup changes.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Is this the fourth game of the regular season, or the fourth game of spring training?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Is this the fourth game of the regular season, or the fourth game of spring training?
Regular season. I get what you are suggesting, but it shouldn't matter. If the depth charts are cleared, I should be the only one making the lineup changes. (I am GM & manager). Upon further review of this, it turned out Vasquez was "exhausted", but again...shouldn't matter because I cleared the depth charts.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If a player is tired to the point they can't play, the game will find a sub for them even without the depth charts. If you don't want that then you should use 7-day lineups with the option to prevent substitutions enabled.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #5
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If a player is tired to the point they can't play, the game will find a sub for them even without the depth charts. If you don't want that then you should use 7-day lineups with the option to prevent substitutions enabled.
Got it. But that begs the question...what is "too tired to play"? Because in previous iterations, this was never happening. I was actually able to have someone start who had 0% energy (although, they may not have been productive). In the instance above, Vasquez was at 49% energy.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #6
slugga27
All Star Starter

Related to this, i just had Dustin Pedroia get injured (DtD injury). I didn't pull him from my master lineups because I wasn't planning on DL'ing him. Next game, my lineup is now all jumbled. Pedroia out of the lineup and almost everybody playing out of position (Mookie Betts at short, Rafael Devers catching, just to name a few). What changed here?
Old 03-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #7
slugga27
All Star Starter

To piggyback off this, I put Pedroia on the DL and recalled Deven Marrero. Now, I do have a couple of guys who have the "tired" icon. This is what my lineup when I first go into the game looks like. This is definitely a change from 18.

Note: Xander Bogaerts should be at short, Betts in right field, Devers at third base and Nunez at second base.
Attached Images

Last edited by slugga27; 03-19-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #8
slugga27
All Star Starter

Am I the only one seeing this as an issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I think we might be able to tweak things so that the AI will respect the depth charts a little more in these cases, which would in your case let guys play when they're tired.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #10
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I think we might be able to tweak things so that the AI will respect the depth charts a little more in these cases, which would in your case let guys play when they're tired.

I’m just a little concerned because this isn’t how it was previously. Say, for example, a player was injured and unable to play but I hadn’t fixed my master lineup, that player’s spot would be empty when I would go play a game and I would have to manually insert a player. The screenshot above shows that this has changed. I now have to re-arrange my entire lineup, whereas before, I was just compensating for one missing player. Please tell me if this isn’t making sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk