Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #21
GMO123
Major Leagues

I like the idea of having fictional players in a modern NHL league.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #22
lgfrench
Minors (Single A)

I must have not gotten the survey. I play entirely historical. Still trying to win a cup with my beloved '69 Rangers. First play was the closest, within a game 4 ot goal.
lgfrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #23
lgfrench
Minors (Single A)

will the licensed edition allow photos of the historical players (which hopefully update with age?)
Old 10-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #24
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfrench View Post
will the licensed edition allow photos of the historical players (which hopefully update with age?)
We only have a NHL license, so no player photos.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #25
lgfrench
Minors (Single A)

I have loved playing the fhm 2. Best entertainment value for the dollar I have ever spent. Also, the quick response to questions is nonpareil.

Regarding the photo questions. For the historical game, do the players actually have rights to their images or is this something that could be put in without paying a fee?
Old 10-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Regarding the photo questions. For the historical game, do the players actually have rights to their images or is this something that could be put in without paying a fee?
You need not only a license for using player pics but also pay for the pictures (which can be really, really expensive).
Old 10-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #27
lgfrench
Minors (Single A)

historical mode

ok, got it on the photos. when you have them time to devote to historical mode, a/the major deficit was poor team'ss inability to correctly judge the future impact of generational top picks. It was too easy to trade for guys like Dionne or Guy. Then a generation later Mario. A smarter AI on trades would be a plus in my view.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #28
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
ok, got it on the photos. when you have them time to devote to historical mode, a/the major deficit was poor team'ss inability to correctly judge the future impact of generational top picks. It was too easy to trade for guys like Dionne or Guy. Then a generation later Mario. A smarter AI on trades would be a plus in my view.
Especially in historical mode the human has the big advantage that he knows when the superstars will be available.

Not to say that the AI needs constant improvement of course.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #29
GianCanadian
Bat Boy

Hello, I've never used Steam, so I was wondering what is the difference between the Steam version and eSellerate one.
Is it there any chance I would be able to play the game on mobile (iPhone) if I buy it from Steam?

Thank you in advance
GianCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:48 AM   #30
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Especially in historical mode the human has the big advantage that he knows when the superstars will be available.

Not to say that the AI needs constant improvement of course.
This is true, but I do feel you guys have done a nice job keeping people on their toes a bit in HM. I've had games where Chuck Lefley became a 3.5 star player and really developed into a solid second liner for the Scouts/Rockies and I've had games where he stayed in more of the 3 star range--he was good but hardly exceptional and generally fell down to third and fourth lines and retired earlier. I've seen this with LOTS of players, so it keeps me from taking the same tired group and running things.

Does HM allow for Rocky Trottier to be more like the OTHER Trottier? No, not in me experience. But then again, I rather like that. I prefer that the players perform within a certain range of their historic capabilities, but I don't want pure fiction or else I'd simply play fictional mode.

I'm still a little mystified by some of the stats and how they play out in HM. For example, some players with an aging of '7' manage to make it to their late-20s with a little fire left in their belly, but that almost never happen to real Cloutier when I draft him. Then I started to wonder if the aging stat wasn't 'years' played but 'games' played. So the more mileage a player has the quicker he ages? This might explain why CLoutier ages so quickly playing 75 games per year whereas another player with the same rating seems to last much longer.

Anyway, I'm counting the hours until the game becomes available!
Old 10-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #31
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

Sebastian: Really looking forward to this game! It looks amazing! I have a question. I'm a big fan of Swedish Hockey (Swedish Hockey League and Hockeyallsvenskan), have you worked with this leagues so lineups are correct, player attributes are like in IRL, player potential, wages, financial and the team budgets and so on? Would be really nice to play with my favourite team Luleå Hockey and lead them to the gold!
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:57 PM   #32
Templer
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter- View Post
Sebastian: Really looking forward to this game! It looks amazing! I have a question. I'm a big fan of Swedish Hockey (Swedish Hockey League and Hockeyallsvenskan), have you worked with this leagues so lineups are correct, player attributes are like in IRL, player potential, wages, financial and the team budgets and so on? Would be really nice to play with my favourite team Luleå Hockey and lead them to the gold!
It seems they will keep up with the rules and the leagues.
See: We're talking Franchise Hockey Manager 3!
Templer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #33
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianCanadian View Post
Hello, I've never used Steam, so I was wondering what is the difference between the Steam version and eSellerate one.
Is it there any chance I would be able to play the game on mobile (iPhone) if I buy it from Steam?

Thank you in advance
No, we don´t offer any mobile version at the moment.

Steam and eSellerate version are more or less the same. If you don´t want to use Steam that is perfectly fine (myself I only use Steam this days).
Old 10-10-2016, 11:25 PM   #34
GMO123
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
No, we don´t offer any mobile version at the moment.

Steam and eSellerate version are more or less the same. If you don´t want to use Steam that is perfectly fine (myself I only use Steam this days).
I pre-ordered the esellerate version.
Can I switch to the Steam version if, for whatever reason, it is better?
Or those who ordered eSellerate only get eSellerate, and Steam can only use Steam?

What is the percentage popularity of each version Esellerate vs Steam?
Is one more popular than the other?

Thanks.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:35 AM   #35
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
Or those who ordered eSellerate only get eSellerate, and Steam can only use Steam?

Thanks.
Pretty sure you only get the version you specifically bought, you don't get keys for both. Think the developer mentioned in another reply to me that it largely comes down to preference, which is shown below.

Achievements are part of both versions (the Steam version just submits them to Steam as well) and you can use all mods with the normal version as well (like logo packs), you just need to copy the files per hand. So there is no real difference (maybe rankings, not sure at this point if they might be steam only). So it comes down to your personal preference. If you use Steam for your other games, I would buy a Steam key, if you don´t use Steam, just go with the eSellerate version.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:35 AM   #36
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post

Thanks.
No, you can´t switch. At the moment the eSellerate version has the slightly higher %. But both games have the same functionality, so it comes down to personal taste.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 AM   #37
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Is the beta going to be playable through Steam?
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #38
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
Is the beta going to be playable through Steam?
Yes!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:39 PM   #39
Cole98
Minors (Triple A)

Can I change the rules of a league at the start of the game? Ie period length
It'd help with my sledge hockey league

OOTP 16 Dynasty
The North American Game
Cole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #40
Panthersgirl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole98 View Post
Can I change the rules of a league at the start of the game? Ie period length
It'd help with my sledge hockey league
I would like to know this also please what Cole asked? I'm totally new and from what I can tell fictional isn't a focus but still hoping that a LITTLE was put on it. In addition to Cole's question above, can you run a fictional league setup using real NHL players??? If so I'm on my way to preorder asap
Thanks everyone!
Panthersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote