Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 02-25-2015, 08:25 AM   #41
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Regarding customization:

As noted a few times in the past: our main priority for FHM at this point is the modern day (day to day) game mode (much as you would play EHM/FM) as that is the most played game mode in FHM by far. We don't ignore historical/fictional and customization completely, but they are not our main priority. I will ask Cole to write a "Road to Release" article (with our help) on the topic of customization, so you know what you can expect from FHM2 and what not.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #42
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post
Very happy to hear that expansion teams made it in, I'd love to get some more details on how that works. Is there an expansion draft? If I control a team other than the new one do I have to protect players?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Will expansion teams be automatically assigned to divisions ?

What about playoffs after expansion? Still the same number of teams in the playoffs or will more teams be added,
I'll definitely write up a blog entry down the road detailing the expansion aspect of the game which will detail all of this. Truth be told I haven't yet got around to trying this feature out in game yet so I can't say for sure, but I do believe there is the draft and player protection. The playoff format would stay at 16 teams.

Last edited by Cole; 02-25-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:51 AM   #43
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Will there be a salary cap in this game? Will it be the same or similar to the NHL. Will it be customisable?
There is a customisable salary cap in the game.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #44
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
1) Will there be a demo? I don't mind the $30 price tag at all if I can try the game out first.

2) All the talk about online multiplayer, but how's the hotseat multiplayer? Is it in the game?
1) I don't believe that's in the plans at this time. Sebastian can correct me if I'm wrong.

2) Truth be told, I've never in my life been interested in this style of play and never really tried it out, but I do see you can add more than one manager to a new game, so in theory I believe this works. I can try it out tonight to see how it does actually work but I believe in theory it is possible.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:15 AM   #45
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
2) Truth be told, I've never in my life been interested in this style of play and never really tried it out, but I do see you can add more than one manager to a new game, so in theory I believe this works. I can try it out tonight to see how it does actually work but I believe in theory it is possible.
Great, thank you. Ever since Hockey League Simulator 2 in the early/mid-90s, we've had some great multiplayer GM weekends at my place with some friends, so it's obviously a slightly bigger thing for me than it is for you.
Online multiplayer is never the same, since you can't punch people when they beat you.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #46
Duranium
All Star Starter

Hey Seb, great news

I only have 1 question - just curious if it´s also possible to play the historical mode online ?

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #47
handsome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

has ai trading been fixed/revamped in fhm 2

i remember simming a bunch of seasons in fhm 2014 and remembering the ai not trading draft picks or putting little value in draft picks (especially 1st and 2nd round picks)...has this been looked at for fhm 2?
handsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #48
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsome View Post
i remember simming a bunch of seasons in fhm 2014 and remembering the ai not trading draft picks or putting little value in draft picks (especially 1st and 2nd round picks)...has this been looked at for fhm 2?
The trade AI is constantly being looked at, tested and improved and that will continue right up until release.

I recall one of my early tests of a trade, I did need to include a 1st round pick in a trade to get Nathan McKinnon from the Avs, so... the AI seemed to value it in that case.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #49
boettman
Bat Boy

First of all, sorry for my english.
FHM 2 sounds great!!! Even FHM was not the game i expected, i am glad spending my money for it. FHM 2 is a day 1 buy.

One question.
Will there be any other languages, like german, russian, french etc.?

Last edited by boettman; 02-25-2015 at 10:31 AM.
boettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #50
handsome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ai trading

i was more concerned about when a computer gm trades with another computer gm....

...keep up the great work!!...really looking forward to the release of fhm 2 and the patch for fhm 2014
handsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 AM   #51
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

Player value I assume is being constantly tweaked, what broke immersion for me in the game is guys like Kronwall and Marc Staal being waived in early season. Hopefully something I won't see in FHM 2.

Can't wait to hear more about tactics.
umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #52
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
Hey Seb, great news

I only have 1 question - just curious if it´s also possible to play the historical mode online ?
The mode makes no difference, you can use Online Leagues with every mode.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #53
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
Great, thank you. Ever since Hockey League Simulator 2 in the early/mid-90s, we've had some great multiplayer GM weekends at my place with some friends, so it's obviously a slightly bigger thing for me than it is for you.
Online multiplayer is never the same, since you can't punch people when they beat you.
The Online League mode in FHM is basically like the one in OOTP 6.5 (never used it in a newer OOTP version):

You add as many GM's as you want, one person acts as Commish. The commish uploads the league file, GM's download it, start the game, enter password, do their changes, upload teamfile, Commish downloads all Teamfiles, simulates a number of days, uploads the leaguefile and so on.

So Hotseat mode is basically the same, just that you don't up/downlaod any files, you just change the active GM.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #54
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Only question I have: will the FHM 14 patch finally fix the Mac license issue??
That is fixed for a long time now, we are just not able to release a patch for a long time also. I think I explained it a few times. So yes, the patch will finally fix the Mac license issue and we will make sure in the future to never run into such a bad situation again (I can only repeat how sorry we are for this situation!!).
Old 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #55
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will it be possible to have AHL/ECHL teams without NHL affiliations?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #56
viktors89
Bat Boy

Earlier than I expected as well.

If you need help with beta-testing from a QA engineer.. Would love to solve possible bugs that might come up in such a big game.

30$ price is also very good, definetely will be buying!
Excited
viktors89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #57
Valhoun
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I know that adding everyone's pet features takes a very long time but will online leagues have the option to be entirely fictional and start with a fantasy draft?
Valhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #58
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I know that adding everyone's pet features takes a very long time but will online leagues have the option to be entirely fictional and start with a fantasy draft?
See # 52.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #59
xydra
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can I assign Players to teams using the editor?
xydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:52 PM   #60
Asket
Bat Boy

Can you add Russian language in the game, please?
My English knowledge is not enough to use all game features.
Asket is offline   Reply With Quote