Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

League automatically creating free agents

Hi, I started a 1901 ML game then added another major league. The intention is for the other major to get the cast offs from the MLB, plus free agents from the international/indy scene etc..

Everything is working as expected, but at the end of the season the game creates a bunch of 5* star players from nowhere as free agents. I don't want these players in my league, but obviously they get signed up in quick time because they're miles above the off-cuts that are on the roster to start with.

Does anyone know how to stop this happening? I can't find any setting which would cause this to happen, but if it's unstoppable I'm not going to bother continuing because the idea behind the league will be ruined.

Has anyone had similar in their game?
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

When you create a MAJOR league and not a minor league, independent one, then the game must fill it with players.

Go into your name and affiliations of your second league and make sure it's at AAA level and you have Allow ghost players (I think that checkmark is in the Rules tab)

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:54 AM   #3
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
When you create a MAJOR league and not a minor league, independent one, then the game must fill it with players.

Go into your name and affiliations of your second league and make sure it's at AAA level and you have Allow ghost players (I think that checkmark is in the Rules tab)
Thought I had already responded to this but looks like my reply didn't go through. I have been able to create the teams initially without players but where I run into issues is at the end of the first season (and subsequent) seasons where the game creates the new players without any history or indication of where they come from.

I'm going to try making my new league an international league based in the US to see if this makes any difference, but hoping this won't cause issues elsewhere in the game.

EDIT - Tried something new and upgraded to OOTP15 - thrilled to discover a new option to block the league from creating free agents. Awesome result, very happy with this!!

Last edited by Supermercado; 07-15-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote