Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #61
rocktober
Bat Boy

Exclamation ????

i wouldnt post here if i HADNT tried everything that was posted before me... I have uninstalled COMPLETELY by unlicensing the game.. and i have reinstalled and downloaded from different places... 5 times doing this and following your step by step has not made this work on my machine....

I even tried to install it on my XP desktop and it wont even open...

I have NEVER had a game be this much of a problem to install...

Back to my Laptop (64bit vista) as soon as i double click the icon i get OOTP baseball 10 has stopped working.... i havent even seen the main page to the game it doesnt even get that far...

i have done all the DEP changes.. no other games require this amount of change to get it to work...

Where do i need to go for a refund?

Old 09-10-2009, 03:25 AM   #62
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

I'm just a gamer like yourself trying to help, so I'm sorry I wasn't able to. If you're looking for a refund, I would contact support@elicense.com with your request. Better yet, one of the OOTP Development people such as Markus, Steve, or Andreas might also have some workarounds that could help and might want you to send your game files to see if they can diagnose the issue.

If you followed all my directions, I'm sadly at a loss - especially as you tried it on XP, because then it's not an OS compatibility issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
Well ... To be fair, I am going to change the name to "DanSim Baseball"

- Shaun

Last edited by Dan Theman; 09-11-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #63
BlackHatCowboy
Minors (Single A)

Anyone else having this whole DEP/runservice-not-there issue with Win 7?

I've gotten to the point where it says I'm missing a DLL. (msrvc71.dll)
Old 10-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #64
BlackHatCowboy
Minors (Single A)

Ok, after getting msvcr71.dll from a trusted place and putting it in my windows/system folder, the elicense dialogue ran and the game started fine after licensing.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #65
dieselboy
Minors (Single A)

I re-installed. Went through every step.

Rebooted for the last time, went to fire up OOTPX, "allow" and then nothing happens....as in OOTPX doesn't start up...Turned off firewall and it still didn't work.

Any ideas?

Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Vista SP2
Memory 2.00 GB
Resolution 1280x800

Last edited by dieselboy; 10-26-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #66
gstelmack
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatCowboy View Post
Ok, after getting msvcr71.dll from a trusted place and putting it in my windows/system folder, the elicense dialogue ran and the game started fine after licensing.
This is apparently an issue with Windows 7 64-bit as well. Any chance to get OOTP to actually include all the files it needs to run? If elicense needs something, it should be included as well.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #67
BlackHatCowboy
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, I should've mentioned i'm on Win 7 64-bit.

Something weird happened today. Sometime between last night and tonight, OOTPX won't start. It gives me a windows application error 0x000000005 or something and won't start.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #68
gstelmack
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
This is apparently an issue with Windows 7 64-bit as well. Any chance to get OOTP to actually include all the files it needs to run? If elicense needs something, it should be included as well.
Well, I downloaded the full install and ran it and it seems to include the msvcr71.dll, so I'm good now. Either I screwed up something in the install dance I did, or this is missing from the patch.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:56 AM   #69
dieselboy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Theman View Post
I should preface this by saying I'm not even remotely sure it will work, but its worth a shot:

try to add the argument " -unlicense" (with the space but without the quotes) to the operation line. To do that, find the game's link on your desktop, right-click, go to properties, and where it has the program's location just add that onto the end of it. When you try to run it again (as an admin, in XP compatability mode just to be sure) that should hopefully bring up the elicense console, thereby (theoretically) forcing runservice.exe in your Windows folder. If it appears, just cancel out of the console, as you just needed it to show up. Check your Windows folder to see if it's now there - it will take some looking, and it may not have been indexed yet so manually search. If that gets it to show up, go through the DEP process of selecting both OOTP.exe and runservice.exe as exceptions. After that, you'll have to restart (any DEP changes will force you to restart). If you've been able to do that, hopefully all will be well. If not ... ?

edit/PS - Once you get it running, don't forget to remove the " -unlicense" argument from the shortcut
I followed your manual step by step, but this step isn't working. I added " -unlicense" to it and when I go to run it it says "OOTP Baseball has stoped working - windows can check online for a solution to the problem." After I close that box it says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005) click ok to terminate application.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #70
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy View Post
I followed your manual step by step, but this step isn't working. I added " -unlicense" to it and when I go to run it it says "OOTP Baseball has stoped working - windows can check online for a solution to the problem." After I close that box it says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005) click ok to terminate application.
Sorry about the delay - I've been out of town on business. That looks like a generic access violation, and is often caused by an overlap of resource demands (one program hogging up the parts of your OS that another program is needing and demanding priority on). You can also get it when a program's reserve size doesn't match its commit size (this shouldn't be an issue if both parts of the program are cleared to run).

I'm not quite sure where you're at in the process, but it sounds like you haven't managed to get eLicense to load just yet. I don't doubt you followed my instructions, but I would also double-check to make sure that both the game is still listed in your DEP exceptions, as any kind of a roll-back or shadow copy restoration could have undone that. Then search to see if runservice has shown up yet - if it has, add that to the list.

Assuming those are all correct and added to your list, I would consider turning off your AV just during installation to see if that makes a difference - I sometimes hear unusual issues that come up whenever there's a scan or active protection is enabled, although I'm not sure why it would come up in that manner as opposed to a typical "false positive" that you would otherwise get. Most common AV programs have matured to being fairly streamlined for gamers, nowadays. Don't forget to turn it back on afterwards, btw.

Other than that, I'm a little stumped on that one. Please let us know if it works or if there's anything else that comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
Well ... To be fair, I am going to change the name to "DanSim Baseball"

- Shaun
Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #71
Silverbullet
Minors (Single A)

It just isn't worth the trouble anymore

I have tried all of the above to get the game to start.
If it takes all of this to play this game.
"It just isn't worth the trouble anymore".
I have purchased every OOTP game from the get go, and 6.5 was the best.
This game is just too much work.
For heaven sake this isn't a game with heavy graphics and a high rated computer to play it.
What gives here?
I am going back to Pure Sim and Baseball Mogul.
At least I do not have to do all the above nonsense to play them.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #72
mattingly
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Theman View Post
Sorry about the delay - I've been out of town on business. That looks like a generic access violation, and is often caused by an overlap of resource demands (one program hogging up the parts of your OS that another program is needing and demanding priority on). You can also get it when a program's reserve size doesn't match its commit size (this shouldn't be an issue if both parts of the program are cleared to run).

I'm not quite sure where you're at in the process, but it sounds like you haven't managed to get eLicense to load just yet. I don't doubt you followed my instructions, but I would also double-check to make sure that both the game is still listed in your DEP exceptions, as any kind of a roll-back or shadow copy restoration could have undone that. Then search to see if runservice has shown up yet - if it has, add that to the list.

Assuming those are all correct and added to your list, I would consider turning off your AV just during installation to see if that makes a difference - I sometimes hear unusual issues that come up whenever there's a scan or active protection is enabled, although I'm not sure why it would come up in that manner as opposed to a typical "false positive" that you would otherwise get. Most common AV programs have matured to being fairly streamlined for gamers, nowadays. Don't forget to turn it back on afterwards, btw.

Other than that, I'm a little stumped on that one. Please let us know if it works or if there's anything else that comes up.
Still stuck on step 6. Lots of confusion re: adding the -unlicense to the Target path. I your example you use quotes around the path as a means from separating it from the rest of your text, but the path in the actual target is literally in quotes. Am I to assume that "-unlicense" needs to be added after the quotations? It doesn't work when added within the path quote. Outside of the quote I get the same problem as dieselboy, when trying to lure out the eLicense.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #73
teak88
Minors (Triple A)

I agree ...AAARGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
I have tried all of the above to get the game to start.
If it takes all of this to play this game.
"It just isn't worth the trouble anymore".
I have purchased every OOTP game from the get go, and 6.5 was the best.
This game is just too much work.
For heaven sake this isn't a game with heavy graphics and a high rated computer to play it.
What gives here?
I am going back to Pure Sim and Baseball Mogul.
At least I do not have to do all the above nonsense to play them.
My experience is similar; won't go through the travelogue.

I stopped playing around Thksgvng. No, that's not true. I stopped effing around w/ my computer TRYING to play around Thksgvng.

I tried again in the new year; tryied to unliscence but nothing worked; so, went through my entire computer deleting everything connected w/ ootp; emptied the Recycle bin.

Now, will try one more time - then Adios

Marcus, et al: this is not a way to run a consumer-targeted software company!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #74
Daxil
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is anyone giving support for this? I'd like to buy the game and use it, but obviously can't.

Windows Version (which SP of Vista) Windows Vista Home 32 bit SP2
Memory RAM 4GB and 200+GB free space.
Resolution 1680 X 1050

I've tried all the above steps. Basically when I double click the exe the comp brings up the "An unidentified program.." warning, I click Accept, it thinks for a sec, then nothing. This happened to me last Summer and I just gave up and uninstalled. Happening to me again after reinstalling. Man, I can't be alone. Wonder how much business has been lost here.

It seems to be associated with elicense. This is the error I get before adding the unlicense command, running as admin etc.

It would be nice to have an alternate means of buying this.

Last edited by Daxil; 03-03-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #75
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxil View Post
Is anyone giving support for this? I'd like to buy the game and use it, but obviously can't.
I'm a long time OOTP user and a computer tech not affiliated with OOTP Developments and I'm willing to try and help (no charge). Send me a private message if you're interested.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #76
Daxil
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I'm a long time OOTP user and a computer tech not affiliated with OOTP Developments and I'm willing to try and help (no charge). Send me a private message if you're interested.
Thanks! PM sent. If we can resolve it I'll post the resolution here.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #77
Daxil
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Thanks! PM sent. If we can resolve it I'll post the resolution here.
Gary (Old Timer) resolved this using remote access, so I'm not sure exactly what he did. It was fairly complex and he's now a tech for OOTP so I'll let him decide if he wants to post a guide or whatnot. Anyways, thanks again and big kudos to Gary.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gary (Old Timer) resolved this using remote access, so I'm not sure exactly what he did. It was fairly complex and he's now a tech for OOTP so I'll let him decide if he wants to post a guide or whatnot. Anyways, thanks again and big kudos to Gary.
Thanks Daxil, glad I could help.

The steps to resolve it aren't simple (registry edits are necessary), but aren't as involved as it seemed either. Once I figured out what needed to be done, it wasn't too bad. I'll definitely be writing up the solution as I think it might help out others in the future too.
Closed Thread