Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:19 PM   #81
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
If you leave this box unchecked, you might as well leave the AI evaluation settings at default because the AI won't use them. If you check this box, the AI uses the weights. Unchecked, it uses ratings only.
This is not true. This checkbox just allows the human to see what the AI thinks the overall rating (based on AI evaluation settings) of a player is. Otherwise, you will see what YOUR scout's overall opinion is.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #82
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnickx5757 View Post
What player evaluation settings are you guys rolling with this year?

The default of 65/20/10/5 seems a bit too weighted towards ratings, I'm thinking of switching to 40/30/20/10 or something else.

Anyone find a good balance yet?
Well, I'm totally different because I try to get evaluation on what I think they should be aligned with the stars and potential stars of a player.

I lean more toward 70, 28. 1, 1. I do this so the ai hopefully will pick better players to trade and trade for. So, far it is working like i want it to taking Joey Votto from a 4 star player down to a more accurate 3 star player. I prefer more valuation on the ratings and the current stats than I do on what a lucky player might have done last year or two years ago. Much like an Andrus; who's now showing spark vs his abilities two years ago.

I feel ALL the players have a built in RND variable that will have them change yearly from good to bad or bad to good. There's a few that maintain a constant average of good or bad but the ones with higher RATINGS tend to do better over the long run.

Something else you have to watch is the yearly development page. It shows you how well a player is doing every 3 months. I think it's important to use this in trades. Especially if you see LARGE drops in performance in a particular category. Now, if the AI uses this or not i don't know. it might be why I get so much better teams year after year in trades. If it's not using it then I think it should be part of the trading process for it to use it.

The development area is what makes getting good to excellent coaches more important. Those coaches drive the performance stats up. I emphasis rookie and AAA coaches more than the rest. Coming in and just before you get to the majors is more important to me for molding a good baseball player. Of course if you have the funds like a Yankee team or Boston or St. Louis pour more money into better coaches all the way up.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:41 AM   #83
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Thought I would resurrect this thread and see what people's opinions are now after nearly a year of using OOTP 18?

I am still torn between my favorite 3:

50/30/15/5

55/25/15/5

65/20/15/5 (default)
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #84
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Thought I would resurrect this thread and see what people's opinions are now after nearly a year of using OOTP 18?

I am still torn between my favorite 3:

50/30/15/5

55/25/15/5

65/20/15/5 (default)
I like 50/30/15/5 myself

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #85
ThePride87
Minors (Single A)

I feel like I lost brain cells reading this old thread. Y'all wasting time bickering over settings you hardly know anything about based on your confirmation bias. Literally 0 actual data confirming or denying what is correct.
ThePride87 is offline   Reply With Quote