Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-04-2020, 06:22 AM   #1
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

Scouting accuracy

How does it work with the scouting accuracy for my own organization?
I have always imagined that the accuracy is better for my own player than other teams.
So how will it work now? Checked the latest video and noticed that a lot of TJs minors had low accuracy. Was it because it was a fresh start or will it always be the same relative to the scouting budget and scouting priority?
In my opinion my own organization should be the easiest to scout since I have all the coaches reports and should therefore have at least a speed bonus getting better accuracy of my own prospects and definitely of the major league players.

Really nice work on the game and you guys seam to find the best things to improve every year!
Krillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:47 AM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Going by what was said in the stream looks like it was low accuracy cause it was a new start. Seems to be built off of scout, budget and amount of scouting reports made on a player.

I dont think they mentioned anything about in organization vs out of organization though
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:23 AM   #3
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

At least we will have a value now of the accuracy. But am really curious of how it’s been in the previous versions. I come from FM but love OOTP more and as I remember it from FM It was quite often when you signed a player that he’s ratings changed a bit after a while. More if you had bad scouting in you team or if he was signed from a poorly scouted league/region.
Now it kind of messes with me evaluation of my own players when I don’t know
Old 03-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #4
MikeS21
Minors (Triple A)

I find the manual to be not very helpful most of the time. I certainly hope someone will post a tutorial on the various new features of OOTP 21.

I'm not sure I completely understood the scouting details. Hopefully better explanations are forthcoming. The camera angle views looked cool, but it needs to be made clear how to access them.
MikeS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:21 PM   #5
Danbo80
Minors (Single A)

I love the challenge that the new scouting system brings. There are a few things i don't understand though. For instance, do we have to manually scout the draft class?
Or are we at the mercy of are scout?

Last edited by Danbo80; 03-06-2020 at 11:22 PM.
Danbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:19 AM   #6
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

No you dont need that. As I understand it will be the same as in previous version with the budget and the scout working depending on that. But now you will have the option to add “priorities” to you scouts job list. Which will make him focusing more on what you tell him to. Aiming for outfielders from the draft or searching for an SP in the minors? You can now set that and he will steer more to dose guys otherwise he just works on as always.