Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-16-2018, 10:55 AM   #61
macgufo
Bat Boy

What about to set up leagues with overall "cap limit" so to avoid
team with too many gold-diamonds-perfect players ?

PT show great features,
some project to employ its in OOTP?
(i.e: running OOTPs league on server in the same manner of PT)

Last edited by macgufo; 11-17-2018 at 04:55 PM.
macgufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #62
PDHitman
Major Leagues

I think a league where your team is capped by ratings or numbers of Bronze/Silver/Gold/Diamond players would be challenging. Say the total ratings of your team cannot exceed 1650, so its a 'salary cap' type of league...or you can only have 1 Diamond, 4 Gold, 10 Silver, and 10 Bronze players on your active roster. Trading would be allowed as long as they are 1 for 1 and +/- 3 points. Limit how many current players vs vintage players you can have active too. You can have leagues that allow all vintage to none and somewhere in between.

Right now, its just a spend fest (which I'm sure the company is/will enjoy). Cards need to be scarcer and the current players need to be re rated as some of them being higher than all time greats is ludicrous.

Paul
RDBL Commish/Baltimore
RDBL Website

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." -Yogi
PDHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:58 AM   #63
David Yellope
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDHitman View Post
I think a league where your team is capped by ratings or numbers of Bronze/Silver/Gold/Diamond players would be challenging. Say the total ratings of your team cannot exceed 1650, so its a 'salary cap' type of league...or you can only have 1 Diamond, 4 Gold, 10 Silver, and 10 Bronze players on your active roster. Trading would be allowed as long as they are 1 for 1 and +/- 3 points. Limit how many current players vs vintage players you can have active too. You can have leagues that allow all vintage to none and somewhere in between.

Right now, its just a spend fest (which I'm sure the company is/will enjoy). Cards need to be scarcer and the current players need to be re rated as some of them being higher than all time greats is ludicrous.
I'd love the ability to see past seasons roster/stats for my Perfect Team. I couldn't figure out when the 2nd season started to see all my team's stats for the previous year on one page.
David Yellope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #64
macgufo
Bat Boy

Another thing (hope no silly).

PT is played at fast pace, 1 season in a week,
it's good .... it's great.
But I guess is not a wear factor for the players.

They become cold or hot, but not wear out by pass of years.
So if I'm right a player he' ll take in his status for potentially 48 years or more.

I suggest to put a years limit for a player can play with a team without "usage penalty" (even linked at his age on the card), then his start go down.

(i.e. if I draw Koufax 1965 he 'll stay at top of rotation for the ages, but if after, supposing, 12 sim years his become no so effective I'll forced to look for another guy.)
macgufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #65
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You can just pretend that Koufax retired, sell him, and look for another guy. The rest of us can keep our guys. Everybody’s happy that way.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:42 PM   #66
ShiBDiB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

To go back a bit onto the removal of the anti bid sniping change.

Max bids are good because it helps the bet and forget/logoff player. Adding time is good because it helps the actively playing player/someone who wants to be involved in multiple auctions. The best solution that wasn't offered was the time only goes up if the highest bidder changes, that way max bids still work the same way they do now but still allows real time bidding wars.

Last edited by ShiBDiB; 11-17-2018 at 10:43 PM.
ShiBDiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #67
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Daily sims on Saturdays and Sundays.

I know that the majority of users come from the US ... but for me as a European user it's frustrating not to have any sims during the daytime at least on the week-ends.

So I get a few hours after work (of course I can't head to the computer right after I return home, at least not if I want my marriage to last longer than the current version of OOTP ), and when I get up Saturday morning the sims are done and there's nothing to do except checking the Aution House before they start again at 4 p.m. local time.

I fully understand that sims can't run 24/7, but having sims during the daytime at least on Saturdays and Sundays would be nice for us in Europe.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #68
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Make the primary logo also the secondary logo by default if no other logo is selected, to prevent the half-empty calendars where there are no logos displayed for teams that have no secondary logo defined.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #69
Clavette
Major Leagues

Sunday tournaments throughout the day for those who missed the playoffs or were eliminated early. Doesn't need to be anything major that gives lots of pp but something for us to follow.
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #70
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
Sunday tournaments throughout the day for those who missed the playoffs or were eliminated early. Doesn't need to be anything major that gives lots of pp but something for us to follow.
I love this idea.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #71
Clavette
Major Leagues

Could even have different stipulations(all bronze etc) or have PP buy ins
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #72
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiBDiB View Post

Max bids are good because it helps the bet and forget/logoff player. Adding time is good because it helps the actively playing player/someone who wants to be involved in multiple auctions. The best solution that wasn't offered was the time only goes up if the highest bidder changes, that way max bids still work the same way they do now but still allows real time bidding wars.
That... actually isn't a half bad idea.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #73
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Just make your best bid in the first place and the highest bidder won’t change if you win the card. If the high bidder does change, you wouldn’t have bid again anyway no matter how much time is added because you have already made your best bid.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #74
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Four ideas for collection missions:

1) The Family Collections (The DiMaggios, Griffeys, Alous, Cruzes, Uptons, Bells, Roses, Boyers...)

2) Guys That Excelled in Both Leagues (Frank Robinson, Max Scherzer, Mark McGwire)

3) Well Travelled Players - Have guys that played with six or more teams with cards for each team. If you collect six of them, you get a reward.

4) Team Collection - Collect six players from the same team and trade them in for a special fan favorite from that team. Make it a card you can only collect by completing this mission.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE

Last edited by Dark Horse; 11-18-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #75
JohnnyTrout
Bat Boy

It would be nice if "Hide Scores" also hid incoming mail. For the post season it's pretty easy to figure out that if you have 8 new pieces of mail, the world series probably ended.

Apologies if this has already been suggested, I didn't review the entire thread.
JohnnyTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #76
runyan99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think it would be cool if rules were added as teams progressed up the leagues, so that at the ML level you would have injuries, player morale, (maybe a salary/player skill cap?) etc and be playing the full OOTP game. Low level leagues would work as they do now.
runyan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #77
daves
Hall Of Famer

Better search option for players to buy. Sometimes I want a lefty relief, better defensive player or I am looking for a particular rating like Power or contact.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #78
ShiBDiB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Just make your best bid in the first place and the highest bidder won’t change if you win the card. If the high bidder does change, you wouldn’t have bid again anyway no matter how much time is added because you have already made your best bid.
You're missing the point entirely. Best bid is great when I want to place a bid and go do something else, but when I'm actively playing and see multiple auctions I want to participate in it's wasteful to have to put a big chunk of my PP down on a guy and lock it up in one spot. My proposed change doesn't effect the guys who put down a big bid and walk away but it allows the active players to get into bidding wars at the end of auctions. There's literally no reason not to implement it.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #79
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's literally no reason not to implement it.
There is a very good reason not to implement it. It drives auction prices down. Without a timer, people can't snipe by a dollar. They have to snipe with a bid that is substantially better than what's out there. This forces the winning bid up.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #80
ShiBDiB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
There is a very good reason not to implement it. It drives auction prices down. Without a timer, people can't snipe by a dollar. They have to snipe with a bid that is substantially better than what's out there. This forces the winning bid up.
Which still happens.. because the best bid feature isn't removed...