Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:21 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb BTS Update - February 23rd

Hey folks,

let me officially introduce Michael Winter, the new lead developer of BTS Football. Michael lives near Berlin in Germany and is a lifelong fan of sports management game and a huge football fan, having lived in the US for several years rooting for the Packers. He has plenty of experience in the game industry, having worked for EA on their German soccer management games for example.

We are shooting for a Summer / Fall 2017 release date now, so we take our time to get everything right. BTS 1 will be based on OOTP 17 GUI code base and hence should remain solid and stable and focus on a realistic representation of the NFL. Things like colleges / highschool football, fictional leagues and advanced customizable features will be added throughout the years in later versions.

Alright, we'll keep you posted with monthly development updates. Michael will be active here in the forums from now on

Cheers,
MArkus
Old 02-23-2016, 07:11 AM   #2
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the update Marcus.

Welcome to the show Michael Winter.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:18 AM   #3
MajorSupreme
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey folks,

let me officially introduce Michael Winter, the new lead developer of BTS Football. Michael lives near Berlin in Germany and is a lifelong fan of sports management game and a huge football fan, having lived in the US for several years rooting for the Packers. He has plenty of experience in the game industry, having worked for EA on their German soccer management games for example.

We are shooting for a Summer / Fall 2017 release date now, so we take our time to get everything right. BTS 1 will be based on OOTP 17 GUI code base and hence should remain solid and stable and focus on a realistic representation of the NFL. Things like colleges / highschool football, fictional leagues and advanced customizable features will be added throughout the years in later versions.

Alright, we'll keep you posted with monthly development updates. Michael will be active here in the forums from now on

Cheers,
MArkus
Really, really glad to see this.

I know the Summer/Fall 2017 release can seem pretty daunting, but for a game like this, the wait is more than worth it if the updates keep coming.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:21 AM   #4
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Welcome aboard and excited to see the final product when it is ready!
Old 02-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #5
killershrew
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Good news! Good luck with the continued development!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
Baebae32
Minors (Single A)

Welcome Mr. Winter. Excited for the release of this.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Winter is coming...

Great to hear!

Last edited by dave1927p; 02-23-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #8
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Better late than never! So excited for this game, knowing this is the same company that makes OOTP means it will be of the highest quality and keep on getting better.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

Hello everybody,

thanks for welcoming me. Some months ago I came to this place as a potential customer. Just wanted to find out how the development was progressing. That's when I learned that OOTP Developments were looking for a new developer due to Francis' current health situation. I immediately thought they might be looking for me since I love these kind of games a lot and have been playing them for many years. So I contacted Markus and Andreas and we decided to work together on this fantastic project. Currently, I am evaluating Francis' code and I am also working on the player attribute system. We will keep you updated on a regular basis here in this forum. I'll also be around and more than happy to answer your questions and listen to your suggestions. Ok then, let's create a great game together!

Last edited by Michael Winter; 02-23-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #10
james17
All Star Starter

Welcome, Michael!

Absolutely great news! Looking forward to the next year!
Old 02-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #11
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hey folks,

Cheers,
MArkus
Thanks for the intro, Markus! Sounds like he has all the necessary credentials. The OOTP 17 GUI based code should result in a really fine finished product.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:02 PM   #12
swoboda
All Star Starter

Great news. that means only one more year of Front Page Sports Football 97 for me !

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 PM   #13
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Quote:
a lifelong fan of sports management game and a huge football fan, having lived in the US for several years rooting for the Packers.
We're in good hands fellas.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:19 AM   #14
Rocketdawg2016
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
We're in good hands fellas.

Titletown, baby!
Old 02-27-2016, 03:02 AM   #15
ScorpioSymbol
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank god he's not a Steelers fan!
Old 02-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #16
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I had to double-check that Michael Winter wasn't the same guy who made Maximum Football. Thankfully, that was David Winter, so I feel better now.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #17
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

Glad to hear it's not being rushed out and the strategy of quality over quantity of features for 1.0 remains. Looking forward to playing this! :-)
Old 02-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #18
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
I had to double-check that Michael Winter wasn't the same guy who made Maximum Football. Thankfully, that was David Winter, so I feel better now.
Same here.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #19
Al Davis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Winter View Post
Hello everybody,

thanks for welcoming me. Some months ago I came to this place as a potential customer. Just wanted to find out how the development was progressing. That's when I learned that OOTP Developments were looking for a new developer due to Francis' current health situation. I immediately thought they might be looking for me since I love these kind of games a lot and have been playing them for many years. So I contacted Markus and Andreas and we decided to work together on this fantastic project. Currently, I am evaluating Francis' code and I am also working on the player attribute system. We will keep you updated on a regular basis here in this forum. I'll also be around and more than happy to answer your questions and listen to your suggestions. Ok then, let's create a great game together!
from possible customer to developer, that's pretty cool, good luck
Old 02-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #20
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Welcome Michael. Looking forward your efforts!

Made me so happy I had to pay homage to what you have taken on for us lost souls!