Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
grazza
Bat Boy

marketing

I notice that in the announcements for FHM you link people to OOTP developments website, but there is nothing there about FHM and no obvious links to the forums. Is there going to be a separate official website for FHM?Might be worth offering existing OOTP players a discount e.g. keep the pre order price for them. Good luck with release already pre-ordered mine.
grazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I found it difficult to find the FHM order page yesterday. It was frustrating.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
BradC
All Star Starter

We've been in stealth mode the last few months, to let word of mouth grow while we keep the marketing low key and work on the game.

However, now we're ramping things up. There's a product page now:

Franchise Hockey Manager: Home

And the home page will have an FHM tile linking to it very soon - I saw Daniela's mock-up yesterday.

Also, I put out a mailing to my media list yesterday, so coverage will start ramping up too.

::steeples fingers::

<Mr. Burns voice>Excellent.</Mr. Burns voice>

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazza View Post
I notice that in the announcements for FHM you link people to OOTP developments website, but there is nothing there about FHM and no obvious links to the forums. Is there going to be a separate official website for FHM?Might be worth offering existing OOTP players a discount e.g. keep the pre order price for them. Good luck with release already pre-ordered mine.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Tompa8989
Minors (Single A)

''check on your assistance coaches and scouts''

This sentence make me worried.

If you guys don't put in head coaches i will probably want to get a refund. That how god damn important that is.
Tompa8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompa8989 View Post

If you guys don't put in head coaches i will probably want to get a refund. That how god damn important that is.
Head Coaches are in the game.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

I think he means the way they are at EHM
Old 08-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
I think he means the way they are at EHM
In what way is that?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
BMD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
In what way is that?
Given the thread this concern was voiced in, I assume they have something to do with team marketing.
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
In what way is that?
Lets say you're playing as Philly.

The user (you) will play the game as Paul Holmgren and you hire Laviolette as a Head-coach who does all the coaching and line-up stuff. (CPU AI)
You playing as Homer will only do all the (re-)signing players, drafting, scouting and hiring the teams staff.
If Lavy doesn't do very well during the season you can fire him and hire somebody else to do the job as a head-coach.

That's how I played EHM all the time. For me it was always about trying to get a winning team together, maybe start in the OHL and move you're * up to the AHL -> NHL.
Below average coaches could not get the same result out of a good skilled team as great coaches.

I can still remember from that EHM game that there was a Swedish scout you could hire at the age of 71 and he was Superb. But he was only singable by NHL teams with great reputation.
Thats fun.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
Given the thread this concern was voiced in, I assume they have something to do with team marketing.
No, he's referring to the Features page on the FHM homepage which says:

Quote:
Life as a General Manager
This is as close as you'll get to sitting in a GM's office without drawing a paycheck from a team. Oversee team finances, keep an eye on the salary cap, check on your assistance coaches and scouts, watch the waiver wire, put together trade packages, make contract offers to free agents, and much more.
Hence when Tompa asked his question (quoted below), I assumed he was concerned that the omission of "head coach" from the sentence meant that there weren't head coaches in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompa8989 View Post

Last edited by archibalduk; 08-18-2013 at 10:59 AM.
archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote